Axl Rose Anxiety Revelation (ARAR)

Axl's Agony Aunt

On 8/17/2019 at 3:44 AM, Rovim said:

I just don't buy it. So they haven't released an album in 13 years mainly cause they are just so damn perfectionists? no album should take that long to make. Also it's impossible for us to know exactly how much time they spent actually working on it and not watching Avengers movies and making shitty wine.

If you labor over it too much for more than 4 or 5 years to me it either means you're lazy, not talented enough to deliver, artistically insecure , or the well has dried up.

Tool is one of the most pretentious bands ever so it makes sense. Axl didn't have all the key members in his band like Tool and now I believe it's too late for Slash and Duff to have any influence on him when it comes to hurrying the fuck up. They had some influence in the UYI era but that was a long ass time ago.

Tool is pretentious.

7 hours ago, The Holographic Universe said:

Tool is pretentious.

Turns out they were artistically insecure because they're painfully pretentious. I've read Maynard very recently admitted they probably had a great album 8 years ago. I don't listen to Tool that much, not my thing, but their new album is great as far as Tool albums go. But 13 years? What a waste of time. Should have been released in 2011, 5 years after 10,000 Days was released.

Now they have 5 albums instead of 6 and could have released their seventh album in 2021 cause there was only a maximum of a 5 year gap between releases in the past. Pathetic. Especially with all that talent in the band.

Edited by Rovim

27 minutes ago, Rovim said:

Turns out they were artistically insecure because they're painfully pretentious. I've read Maynard very recently admitted they probably had a great album 8 years ago. I don't listen to Tool that much, not my thing, but their new album is great as far as Tool albums go. But 13 years? What a waste of time. Should have been released in 2011, 5 years after 10,000 Days was released.

Now they have 5 albums instead of 6 and could have released their seventh album in 2021 cause there was only a maximum of 5 years gap between releases in the past. Pathetic. Especially with all that talent in the band.

You enjoy the new album? I’ve seen Tool 3 times in the early 2000’s and couldn’t connect.

13 minutes ago, The Holographic Universe said:

You enjoy the new album? I’ve seen Tool 3 times in the early 2000’s and couldn’t connect.

I do. I think it's a fine Tool album that contains all the familiar ingredients but also there is maturity to the material but it's music that I listen to only when I'm in a specific mood. But yeah, cool album.