The Disney Appreciation Thread

Vincent Vega

Am a HUGE fan of Disney movies....Anyone else here who loves Disney movies can participate here. This isn't just limited to Disney's Animated Features, but includes every Disney film--Like the Pirates of the Carribean series, The Avengers, Pixar's films, their Touchstone films, the Miramax films from the period when they owned Miramax, etc....

What's your favorite Disney movie or movies?

Mine:

ANIMATED

1) Aladdin (and it's SEQUELS!)

2) The Lion King

3) The Hunchback of Notre Dame

4) The Little Mermaid

5) Pinocchio

6) Beauty and the Beast

7) Pochantas

8) Tangled

9) Snow White

10) Alice in Wonderland

11) Sleeping Beauty

12) Cinderella

13) The Rescuers

14) Fantasia

15) Oliver and Company

16) Dumbo

17) Lady and the Tramp

18) The Sword in the Stone

19) Aristocats

20) Hercules

LIVE ACTION:

1) The Avengers

2) Splash

3) Pirates of the Carribean (series)

4) Pretty Woman (Yes, that is a Disney film!)

5) Con Air

6) Sister Act

7) Armageddon

8) The Royal Tennenbaums

9) Dead Poets Society

10) Good Morning, Vietnam

11) The 13th Warrior

12) Kazaam (a BAAAD film but in because of nostalgia).

DISNEY-PIXAR:

1) WALL-E

2) Toy Story

3) A Bug's Life

4) Finding Nemo

5) Monster's Inc.

Edited by Vincent Vega

Am a HUGE fan of Disney movies....

Yeah, i'd've put money on that actually :lol:

What's the problem with liking Disney films? Most of their films, even the animated films, are made so they can be enjoyed by both kids and adults alike.

Consider that The Lion King was the highest grossing film of 1994.

I love Pixar films. All of them are enjoyable and some of them are masterpieces. Wall-E and Up are probably my favourites. Talking about Disney itself my favourite is The Lion King and I still remember first time I watched it when I was like 8 or 9. I also like the old ones like Dumbo and 101 Dalmatians.

That said, I could never imagine Pretty Woman was a Disney film!! I saw it many times, btw. :book:

Not sure why you'd want to get into casting a wide net into Miramax and just stick to the animation. They also distributed the Miyazaki films and re-recorded them all with known American actors.

I get more magic out of Studio Ghibli.

There's a bunch of Disney films I haven't seen since I was really little though. My girlfriend makes me watch some every now and then and they're usually enjoyable.

Disney re-records the voices and distributes the Miyazaki movies, so it would count in the discussion.

Guest bellastar2355

Sorry I'm not fucking Prince Charming.

Maybe you're not his type.

I'm here all week.

:awesomeface:

Beauty and the Beast is my favorite one/ The music, the story... even the Villain Gaston is my favorite

I saw it as a political dribble, so depressing that I almost contemplated putting a bullet in my head after it was finished.

It was a big fuck you to everyone. Telling our way of living is unacceptable, our political system is on a destiny for destruction, while failing to point out the creators of that film are guilty in all of their finger pointing as well. It was downright hypocritical and downplayed the integrity of everyone.

I saw it as a political dribble, so depressing that I almost contemplated putting a bullet in my head after it was finished.

It was a big fuck you to everyone. Telling our way of living is unacceptable, our political system is on a destiny for destruction, while failing to point out the creators of that film are guilty in all of their finger pointing as well. It was downright hypocritical and downplayed the integrity of everyone.

Shut the fuck up Holden Caufield.

Not sure why you'd want to get into casting a wide net into Miramax and just stick to the animation. They also distributed the Miyazaki films and re-recorded them all with known American actors.

There's a bunch of Disney films I haven't seen since I was really little though. My girlfriend makes me watch some every now and then and they're usually enjoyable.

Disney re-records the voices and distributes the Miyazaki movies, so it would count in the discussion.

Ah didn't know that. I've got a boxset that is half English dubbed and half subtitled.

In my head Disney immediately means Dumbo and the Lion King and stuff like that. Even Pixar to me seems different to Disney. This thread is so broad really.

I couldn't tell if Wall-E was great or awful. It's basically two separate films. Up on the other hand. Jesus. I never expected that when I saw it. That's just a legitimately really good film.

Edited by Chinaski

Shut the fuck up Holden Caufield.

Care to elaborate why I am wrong?

Ah didn't know that. I've got a boxset that is half English dubbed and half subtitled.

In my head Disney immediately means Dumbo and the Lion King and stuff like that. Even Pixar to me seems different to Disney. This thread is so broad really.

I couldn't tell if Wall-E was great or awful. It's basically two separate films. Up on the other hand. Jesus. I never expected that when I saw it. That's just a legitimately really good film.

They're all the same thing. Pixar belongs to Disney, Touchstone was created by Disney as a label to release more mature films under...But at the end of the day it's all Disney.

Hell, Disney even owns ESPN.

Disney and PepsiCo have this nation by the nuts.

Think about everything they own. ESPN has a lot of subsidiaries like ESPN, ESPN 2, ESPN 3, ESPN Classic, ESPNEWS, ESPN U, ESPN Deportes, as well as major affiliations with the ABC Network because the American Broadcasting Network is owned by Disney (this includes other stations such as Lifetime and the Disney Channel).

Add that up to the fact that ESPN has stores and restaurants dedicated to the network. There's an ESPN Zone in Chicago I think. It's like a Sports Bar.

Then of course there are the movies, Disney Land, all the kiddie rock bands they puppet...

It's almost scary.

Disney and PepsiCo have this nation by the nuts.

Think about everything they own. ESPN has a lot of subsidiaries like ESPN, ESPN 2, ESPN 3, ESPN Classic, ESPNEWS, ESPN U, ESPN Deportes, as well as major affiliations with the ABC Network because the American Broadcasting Network is owned by Disney (this includes other stations such as Lifetime and the Disney Channel).

Add that up to the fact that ESPN has stores and restaurants dedicated to the network. There's an ESPN Zone in Chicago I think. It's like a Sports Bar.

Then of course there are the movies, Disney Land, all the kiddie rock bands they puppet...

It's almost scary.

Not really.

They put out good products generally which people enjoy. People vote with their wallets.