If a Reunion Tour Happens, Does That Mean Slash, Duff, Izzy, Steven/Matt Will Bow to Team Brazil?

ChristmasFnatic

Axl afterall, owns the GNR rights, and Team Brazil is the official management. No way will Axl fire them, they are his family.

So does that mean the original members will agree to the salary, when, where, what songs Axl and TB wants?

That is how business works. If this ever happens then that would be negotiated.

I could not imagine Team Brazil running the show, too much dough on the line for that...anyway, in situations like "these" (big name reunions, say KISS or Sabbath for example) all parties are represented by their own managers.

Them being Axl's management/handlers isn't unrealistic though, like them or not they seem to be able to get him to go onstage on time, something none of the other (proper) managers have been able to do since back in the day.

TB is Axl's management. Slash and Duff have their own management. That's not going to change. There will probably be a lot of things to negociate.

Axl only owns the GNR name but he doesn't own the songs. He doesn't control GNR 100%. He needs Slash's and Duff's agreement for a lot of stuff.

Edited by IZZYISGNR

Nope. If a reunion happens there is NO WAY Team Brazil dictates to Slash, Duff and Izzy. They will have as much say as anyone, including Axl or it just won't happen period. These guys are not coming back to be TB's bitches.

There will be a lot of lawyers involved before signing everything and of course Slash and Duff will put their points in regards to everything, But I guess the backstage crew will be the same, Del will be there, Fernando and Beta will be there, but they won't be able to dictate Slash or Duff.

Most likely TB is gonna bow to them depending on what kind of reunion they decide to make. If it is one off then there is no need for big changes. However if it is a long term deal TB role will be just as Axl´s family and his personal aid people. The band will agree to a new partnership where they are all equal at least to some degree, maybe a contract with the record company to make an album or two is also possible. And someone from the industry is gonna be the manager.

It would be too big for TB. I have no doubt that they would fumble the ball.

I'd expect TB to retain duties that only relate to Axl and someone with some real experience to take over.

Also, I hope they aren't managing it. I'm sure they would be watching everything like a hawk and waiting for the first squeak of the wheels so they can yank Axl away.

TB is Axl's management. Slash and Duff have their own management. That's not going to change. There will probably be a lot of things to negociate.

Axl only owns the GNR name but he doesn't own the songs. He doesn't control GNR 100%. He needs Slash's and Duff's agreement for a lot of stuff.

Axl owns 12.5% of Sweet Child O' Mine

Slash, Duff, Izzy; own 10% a piece

and Steven Adler owns 7.5%

I think 2 producers or the producer and the actual company itself own 25% a piece between them 2.

& this is just broadcasting/YouTube plays! - money from that.

When you buy Sweet Child O' Mine... The record company/producers own all of that and Guns N' Roses don't. Guns N' Roses original members have no mechanical rights to Sweet Child O' Mine, That's all the producers and Geffen's.

I know this because I have access to all that information @

prs-for-music-438x278.jpeg

www.prsformusic.com

My country's PRO.

I, like Slash, Axl, Duff, Izzy, Steven & even Gwen Stefani; have my international CAE# too, as part of being a member of your country's PRO.

Plus access to that database of every song by whoever - ever; and an added bonus, see what songs are paying them what they've got unreleased be it new up and coming or what's in their own personal archives.

Edited by Snake-Pit