For A 'Next Album' Update...

Nick85

Okay Gang,

We know that from time to time Axl and co. read this forum. Let's hope the madison debacle didn't scare Axl away for good, and lets try to keep this thread going in hopes for an update on the next album, Chinese Democracy 2, or whatever it ends up being titled. Hopefully if he sees how much his fans are looking forward to hearing the rest of these tracks, "Dexter" will give us all the update we've all been waiting for.

Here's what we KNOW so far...

* We know that Axl was eyeing a possible November 2009 release back when CD first dropped. (A lot has gone down since then, I know.)

* We know that Axl was working on at least 32 tracks as of the Korn launch party in 2006. (Only 14 ended up on the album.)

* We know the names of numerous possible tracks. (Many confirmed by Axl during his chats.)

* We know Ron recorded on "a good handful" of tracks that did not end up on the album. (Other band members have confirmed this as well.)

Show your support for Axl releasing the next album here!

Axl, we loved Chinese Democracy and we're more than ready to hear the rest! Please give us an update.

Beta and Fernando, if it's cool with Axl, you both are welcome to comment on the status of the next album as well!

Edited by sofine11

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

When did we first hear about CD in 2008? Was it october 22nd.. when they first released CD as a single?

Beta stated early-ish in the year that they were in negotiations with the label to release it, and when Shackler's Revenge was announced for RB2 in July, it became pretty clear that a release was imminent. I think it was officially announced in early October of that year...

Edited by sofine11

i mean this thread could probably get up to 20 pages easily but i doubt we will actually get an update, im all for a new album but i dont think we will get one anytime soon aka in the next year or so

I'm sure that like most artists, Axl thrives on the support of his fanbase. This is just as much about supporting Axl's decision to put it out as it is about getting some kind of update.

When did we first hear about CD in 2008? Was it october 22nd.. when they first released CD as a single?

Beta stated early-ish in the year that they were in negotiations with the label to release it, and when Shackler's Revenge was announced for RB2 in July, it became pretty clear that a release was imminent. I think it was officially announced in early October of that year...

November 2008 was first brought to MyGNR's mainstream attention by MSL in August. A few people had mentioned it before then, but nothing solid.

i mean this thread could probably get up to 20 pages easily but i doubt we will actually get an update, im all for a new album but i dont think we will get one anytime soon aka in the next year or so

As long as it isn't twenty pages full of the usual MyGNR bullshit.

As long as it isn't twenty pages full of the usual MyGNR bullshit.

This.

I'm hoping we keep this relatively positive and full of support.

I guess Axl regrets having told us so many times in the past that Chinese Democracy was done, that it would come out "soon", etc, and then having to deal with the frustration of the fans but... a small clue of what can we hope for in the near future, now that Christmas is almost here, that would be real nice :thumbsup:

I guess Axl regrets having told us so many times in the past that Chinese Democracy was done, that it would come out "soon", etc, and then having to deal with the frustration of the fans but... a small clue of what can we hope for in the near future, now that Christmas is almost here, that would be real nice :thumbsup:

I agree that this is probably why he's been so mums the word on the next album since his chats. But yes, a small update couldn't hurt. :thumbsup:

I love this thread!

-Richard Fortu's favorite GN'R song wasn't released yet.

rock3

which song is that?

Good question!

I want any update on the new album. "It's coming out this year/X year(s)", "No new album, after this tour we'll retire", "it will feature new stuff/ChiDem remaining songs".

ANYTHING.

Guest Sweet Tooth

If a the current line-up writes music (which I hope they do!), they should leave the demos they've already recorded from the various line-ups that recorded various songs, and release the Chinese DEMOcracy (see what I did there?) Box Set, perhaps with a behind the scenes of making Chinese Democracy if that's possible... it would be the boxset of all boxsets!

Anyway, anyone have any decent sequel album names? I like "Guns N' Roses", short and sweet.

OH dude! Totally forgot that it's November already, I think a november 23rd release date is out of the question. Alas, I hope an album is out soon, whatever form it may take.

If a the current line-up writes music (which I hope they do!), they should leave the demos they've already recorded from the various line-ups that recorded various songs, and release the Chinese DEMOcracy (see what I did there?) Box Set, perhaps with a behind the scenes of making Chinese Democracy if that's possible... it would be the boxset of all boxsets!

Anyway, anyone have any decent sequel album names? I like "Guns N' Roses", short and sweet.

Guns N' Roses is a good name. Good work with the DEMOcracy :lol:

As far as a title for the album goes, I'm sure Axl's had one ready for a while. Curious what it is though. Since CD2 is just a nickname given to the next album by the fans, I'm sure he'll give this one a fresh title.

To me this tour is about regaining confidence, building some kind of dynamics, learning how to do a proper GN'R show. And it seems like they got there, they are at the point where everybody is ready to play some new music, and show it with pride. Everything is in place to jump into CD II (or whatever it's called), I don't think Axl has said with this tour and this album his last word.

Guns N' Roses is a good name. Good work with the DEMOcracy :lol:

How about Chinese DemoCrazy?