Guns N Roses perfect platform to propell into 2012

Guest Gunns

Guest gunns5

just a change of thread here, so please keep on topic.

Guns N Roses are headlining Rio in 2011, what better way to get exposure, then to advertise this broadcast, as much as possible on websites.

Think of it like this, if GnR (in conjunction with the RiR broadcaster) give an exclusive to youtube (the third most visited website in the world), that they will get the first in depth band interview / or they will be the first ones to receive and play GnRs new? music video in 2011/12/new song from the next album, in return for live broadcasting of their set.

An option to watch the broadcast will be displayed on the front page of every youtube site (i.e non country specific).

thats what I would call some monumental promotion for GnR in 2011, and it wouldn't cost them much if anything as long as all parties come to an agreement. It would basically be a win win for both parties, and would really showcase THIS BAND as being GnR in 2011.

Something like this:

33ffevb.jpg

thoughts?

Edited by gunns5

Guest gunns5

something like this http://www.youtube.com/live

and have it a 'Featured Live Events' however have their set advertised in the week leading up to and on the day on the youtube homepage.

Think of all the millions of people GnR will be performing to with access to such a huge broadcasting platform.

Axl/GnR management, are you listening???

Edited by gunns5

That's exactly why they should really prepare and rehearse a hell of a show. A kick-ass review on RiR will get them a LOT of visibility in the media!

And it's the aspect that can go wrong are easily predictble: Axl's voice, lack of new material, same old same setlist and lack of enthusiasm. If they take care of that, well, it'll be really good.

Guest siliconmessiah

They should release something in connection with the gig.

It´s always a good buzz.

But on the other hand. Axl has had the ball on the penalty spot so many times and missed the goal.

So I guess it can go either way. Although I hope for the better!

Edited by siliconmessiah

they need to hire a good soundboard guy

Fixed.

GNR has traditionally had shitty sound mixes at Rio (II wasn't bad). Make sure that doesn't happen again (soundcheck, Axl!).

In 2006, something went wrong, but just on the TV/Live Network. People who were there didn't notice anything bad.

Fixed.

GNR has traditionally had shitty sound mixes at Rio (II wasn't bad). Make sure that doesn't happen again (soundcheck, Axl!).

true! but alot of bands have bad sound. there are very few really good soundguys around.. i'm guessing they are using the same soundguy they hired for the last tour. if they do, the sound will be ok!

i'd be more keen about an awesome producer or a PR guy. they need PR and recording more than better livesound

Something like this:

33ffevb.jpg

thoughts?

They won't advertise like that 'cause all the tickets are already sold out, they'll be performing anyway, it'll be transmitted anyway, so that would just be kinda like spending money for no reason other than letting the people know they'll be performing, which won't change anything related to RiR anymore...

They won't advertise like that 'cause all the tickets are already sold out, they'll be performing anyway, it'll be transmitted anyway, so that would just be kinda like spending money for no reason other than letting the people know they'll be performing, which won't change anything related to RiR anymore...

Publicity...

Fixed.

In 2006, something went wrong, but just on the TV/Live Network. People who were there didn't notice anything bad.

Axl's vocals during Rio III were all messed up on the TV broadcast too.

Good idea Gunns.

Unfortunately to adequately take advantage/have an effective marketing campaign they'd need to play new songs

and at the bare minimum have an album release date established which is not going to happen.

This assuming they have the vision or foresight to arrange such a progressive event.

And it's not GNR's fault for the Lisboa gaffe.

That's on whomever was producing the broadcast.

Edited by Brodie

That would be so kick ass...it would let casual fans know they are still preforming and might get them or new fans into GN'R more. With it being on YouTube, the possibilities really are endless.

But...unfortunately, this is all a "what if" kind of situation. I highly doubt Axl will promote a new album, let alone RIR.

That would be an amazing thing for the band to do, but history has proven that someone within the camp, be it Axl or whoever, absolutely and emphatically refuses to grasp any sort of exposure or positive opportunity. And I say that as an Axl/GNR fanboy. Do like U2 did with their U2 360 release. Stream the show live on YouTube, then do a DVD/Blu-Ray release with all kinds of extras (the supposed South American documentary, interviews, a history of GNR/RIR, etc.) It's a win for everyone. The true fans get something great, and the band gets some of the best exposure money can't buy. I've said this pretty much every "round" since RIR 3, but this is THE perfect jumping off point for whatevers next. If this is just the next round of the Chinese Democracy World Tour, it's no doing anyone any good. You simply cannot continue a 10 year long (on and off) tour, supporting a 3 year old album. People will turn their backs and it will only perpetuate the myth that they're a "cover band" and a nostalgia act...

I think the best thing for GNR to do now is record a live album/DVD, or throw one together using what was recorded in 09-10.

The Chinese Democracy tracks are all wayyyyyy better live than they are on the album.

Yeah, 'cept for Prostitute tho...

That would be an amazing thing for the band to do, but history has proven that someone within the camp, be it Axl or whoever, absolutely and emphatically refuses to grasp any sort of exposure or positive opportunity. And I say that as an Axl/GNR fanboy. Do like U2 did with their U2 360 release. Stream the show live on YouTube, then do a DVD/Blu-Ray release with all kinds of extras (the supposed South American documentary, interviews, a history of GNR/RIR, etc.) It's a win for everyone. The true fans get something great, and the band gets some of the best exposure money can't buy. I've said this pretty much every "round" since RIR 3, but this is THE perfect jumping off point for whatevers next. If this is just the next round of the Chinese Democracy World Tour, it's no doing anyone any good. You simply cannot continue a 10 year long (on and off) tour, supporting a 3 year old album. People will turn their backs and it will only perpetuate the myth that they're a "cover band" and a nostalgia act...

I agree.

I don't understand Axl/GNR's refuse to promote a big show like Rio. It'll be great if they did a few mini warm-up show's, had a magazine interview to promote the show, it would make all the sense in the world. But, for some reason, I don't think that'll happen.

I think the best thing would be to move forward from Rio, and start off fresh. Touring behind a three year old album won't work, especially if they want to tour the States. I think the best thing would do would be to atleast play a few new song's at Rio, to show that the ball in rolling and their working on new stuff. Then before they tour the States they should release something; a new single, album, DVD, something to make the fans want to see the show. If they don't do anything new at Rio, I'll be surprised, and worried for the future of the band.

Guest gunns5

I just hope they capitalize on Rio in some way. Make it a launching pad for a new song, announcing a new album release, show some snippets of the up coming music video, just do something that will put todays GnR in the spotlight. It doesn't have to be anything substantial , just give the fans and public something to see what GnR will be up to in the next year or two.

I just hope they capitalize on Rio in some way. Make it a launching pad for a new song, announcing a new album release, show some snippets of the up coming music video, just do something that will put todays GnR in the spotlight. It doesn't have to be anything substantial , just give the fans and public something to see what GnR will be up to in the next year or two.

Sure man that would be sweet, time will tell!

Guest siliconmessiah

I agree.

I don't understand Axl/GNR's refuse to promote a big show like Rio. It'll be great if they did a few mini warm-up show's, had a magazine interview to promote the show, it would make all the sense in the world. But, for some reason, I don't think that'll happen.

I think the best thing would be to move forward from Rio, and start off fresh. Touring behind a three year old album won't work, especially if they want to tour the States. I think the best thing would do would be to atleast play a few new song's at Rio, to show that the ball in rolling and their working on new stuff. Then before they tour the States they should release something; a new single, album, DVD, something to make the fans want to see the show. If they don't do anything new at Rio, I'll be surprised, and worried for the future of the band.

Very good and relevant posts.

As a gnr-fan I can only agree.

another thread telling Axl what to do?

I kid, I kid! :P

It's a good idea, but I'd be very surprised to see it happen. As we all know a lot is made of it when GnR/Axl do something wrong, but no attention is given to what they do well, and this is mainly because GnR themselves don't shout about it. I just can't see that changing anytime soon