Total Guitar Article On Chinese Democracy

Frozen Inferno

big thanx to banned nation.

a bit of the article.

"CD is not just any album. It's the ultimate snapshot of egomania, betrayal,and personal vendetta. It's a byword for self-indulgence and obsession. If CD does hit the shelves in 2006, it will bring to a close the most expensive and covoluted saga the rock'n'roll industry has ever seen."

"What's often forgotten about the CD saga is the underlying reason why Rose has taken so long. While his actions can be interpreted as pure laziness or apathy, it's more likely that the exact opposit is true. Quite simply, Rose has set out to create the ultimate rock'n'roll album. If he succeeds in achieving it, the frosty criticism he has had to endure since 1994 will melt into unconditional praise. If he fails, it seems invitable that his mythology will shatter and his long-suffering fanbase will sadly drift away. But for now,, with CD still a promise on a press release rather than an album on your local music store's shelf, Rose remains a legend frozen in time. The world continues to wait."

scans in a zip file.

http://s49.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=07OVS9B...W60HYCGKSJ4TDXH

or

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=BGRO7LBI

http://gunsreincarnate.bbfun.com/gunsreinc...st-970.html#970

and thanx to www.gnr-banned-nation.tk too

Edited by dark_future

What a very honest article. It seemed neither pro-Axl nor Anti-Axl and simply told the story the way any unbiased observer would. I'm quite stoked.

The ending page had me so stoked. I hope...I hope. This year, this year may yet be the return of Axl Rose.

I cropped all the text from the article, made it all smaller and of acceptable filesize + made it all easy to read (and not too wide to be posted on a forum):

Part 1:

page1.jpg

Part 2:

page2.jpg

Just makes it easier for those who don't want to download the 5mb file. I didn't include any of the pics.

EDIT: You can repost these links anywhere, I couldn't really care less if i'm credited or not.

Edited by highvoltageacdc

You know, having read the whole Zakk Wylde account of him meeting Axl (which was in about 2000 I think) I can say that when Zakk said "get the fuck out of here," he wasn't saying it TO Axl or in anger. When he was told Axl was there, he was like "Axl's here, get the fuck out of here!?!?" It was in disbelief. I doubt he's still mad about what happened in '95.

You know, having read the whole Zakk Wylde account of him meeting Axl (which was in about 2000 I think) I can say that when Zakk said "get the fuck out of here," he wasn't saying it TO Axl or in anger. When he was told Axl was there, he was like "Axl's here, get the fuck out of here!?!?" It was in disbelief. I doubt he's still mad about what happened in '95.

The Brian May quote was also taken out of context.

Both are Axl fans.