Faith No More - opinions?

Teroz

Aaaa yes good ol' Faith No More. To me along with GnR the biggest band in my life ever... I totally feel that they didn't get the attention that they deserved and that they we're so so so much ahead of their time. And above all this band had one of the best rock singers ever (Mike Patton). It's a shame that they broke up and it's a shame that Patton will no re-unite with them + he is doing all sorts of crap.

What do you think abou their albums?

Discography:

We Care Alot (1985)

Introduce Yourself (1987)

The Real Thing (1989)

Angel Dust (1991)

King for a Day...Fool for a Lifetime (1995)

Album of the Year (1997)

Chuck basicilly ruined the firts two (allthough they had good moments)... From them Crab Song was my fav.

From the Patton era, to me Angel Dust is by far the most best and interesting album. But also the last ones are pure gems!

I know that the Real Thing was the biggest hit of those albums, but to me it sounds a bit weird and dated - unlike all the other Patton era albums.

I know that the Real Thing was the biggest hit of those albums, but to me it sounds a bit weird and dated - unlike all the other Patton era albums.

Yeah, Angel Dust and King For A Day are so much better than The Real Thing. The Patton influence.

Yeah that funny. I would have never guessed that Jim Martin was actually the person responsible for the Real Thing direction. And he objected the new direction of Angel Dust. I just kind figured before that it was the other way around.

It is also rumoured that Jim didn't play or write that much on Angel Dust. He was fired via FAX, what a way to fire someone LOL.

Faith no More we're a real loose cannon live too. Patton had a real hard time in keeping it together at some shows.

Here's a few of my favs:

Caffeine / From Angel Dust - Live 1992:

Gentle Art of Making Enemies / From King For a Day - Live 1997:

Ashes to Ashes / From Album of the Year - Live 1997:

Edited by Teroz

I think The Real Thing is often overlooked due to the dated production sound, but that's more than made for by songs like Epic, Zombie Eaters(with it's pleasantly bizarre lyrics) and the amazing title track, which is just epic.

Patton is one slick, stylish fucker in that Ashes to Ashes video. Thanks for the links, Teroz.

Oh, good taste. Watched both of tho videos many times - two of my very favorite songs. Love it when Mike screams like a madman - Smaller and Smaller, Jizzlobber, Cuckoo For Caca are other good ones.

It's a shame Jim Martin didn't go along for the ride with Patton. He was actually a really cool guitarist and I love some his playing on The Real Thing.

My other favorite songs would be

Crack Hitler

King for a Day

Just a Man

The Real Thing

Zombie Eaters

Evidence

RV

Edge Of The World

Digging the Grave

Land of Sunshine

And many more.

It's a shame Jim Martin didn't go along for the ride with Patton. He was actually a really cool guitarist and I love some his playing on The Real Thing.

Yeah it is a shame.

Anyone who has a better idea on what really happened between Jim and the rest of the band. I just heard that he didn't like the new direction and that the band HAD to fire him in order to keep making recods.

I like Jims sound too really raw and powerful.

And btw. an excellent list of good songs!

I wish they would reunite for a tour. It would be sweet to see them do an Ozzfest.

Yeah it really would. I see signs in Patton that he is softening up a bit towards FNM, his attitude was really shitty before but now he at least talks about those days and gives media the permission to title him as the ex-lead singer of FNM..

Couple of years back I made an interview with Roddy Bottum, he said that FNM could return without Patton but only in a strange theme album style or something compleaty new, but he said that it is very unlikely and just a mind-game... But if they would get Patton to do something, they might be up for something serious..

It's a really long shot - IMO the GnR and FNM reunions are equally impossible lol. Like Mike Bordin said "Patton is willing to work with any random guy he meets on the streets, but not with us".

• 3 weeks later...

For anyone that's interested there's a great clip on Youtube - Patton performing Malpractice with Dillinger Escpape Plan. Rumour has it that he has been performing other FNM covers too.

I'll post the link later (can't do it on the work comp.) LOL

Here's a few of my favs:

Ashes to Ashes / From Album of the Year - Live 1997:

I've heard about this band, but never checked them out. After watching these vids, I'm pretty impressed & could get into them. The lead singer is HOT.

Edited by AxlsAngel

I love Faith No More

my personal favorites from them are

RV

As the Worm Turns(with Mike on vox)

This Guys In Love With You

Last Cup of Sorrow

Jizzlobber

be Aggressive

Epic

Midlife Crisis

Falling to Pieces