Rumored Album Release Dates

The_Terminator

if the release date is 6th March (2007) and the album weeks 8 weeks to process then CD is about finished.

How long now before the first leaks start appearing?

Play dot Com has it listed too

HMV has it for the low price of only £8.99 delivered. Maybe GnR want to make sure they have a no.1 on their hands ;)

Edited by dobadog

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think HTGTH is garbage compared to this place but thats a different topic.

The week are slowly going away and March 6th is coming closer now some people are losing faith because we haven't heard anything from the band about it but remember if there were any changes we would be told about it.

Man I can't wait this board is going to explode on that day.

I think HTGTH is garbage compared to this place but thats a different topic.

The week are slowly going away and March 6th is coming closer now some people are losing faith because we haven't heard anything from the band about it but remember if there were any changes we would be told about it.

Man I can't wait this board is going to explode on that day.

I'm skeptical about a March release. The same people who were saying that CD would come out in 2006 are now claiming that it will come out on March 6th.... -_- Not reliable, no, no.... The only source I trust in this affair is the record company : only when Universal/Geffen will announce a release date, I'll be confident about CD coming out. That's not the case for the moment.

Stop the bashing dudes. If you don´t like his site just don´t fucking go there!

We´re here to talk about preorders and all that not about the webmaster of another FAN site. By the way, I wonder if any member here has been warned for being off topic.... :suspicious::book:

The last pages of this thread are about htgth because it was a thread precisely about preorders at htgth. It has been merged now.

By the way, I don't see why we should only say positive things about jarmo. Is he above criticism ? Is he special ? Jarmo is just a fan on a power trip, nothing else.

And you are not a mod, November Rain. So stop the moralizing posts 'cause it's boring.

holy shit this site is gonna go crazy either way. I am just hoping it goes crazy for the right reasons. I can already say that the studio version of "The Blues" will be my first comment about the cd. If, and I mean if, it comes out.

Edited by Gunzen

I think every day that goes by that they are still accepting preorders is a good thing. Can they still accept pre orders if the album isnt handled over. I dont even want to pretend to know, I am just hoping.

good point.

did any of the other online retailers that listed 11/21 accept preorders?

you'd think that those websites would not want deal the hassle of refunding the money given axl's track record.

i'd say it's a good sign.

at the same time axl did seem to go out of his way to cement the whole "8 weeks to turn around the album" in everyone's brains.

if this 3/6 were the date the record would have had to have been turned in by now, and you'd think that info would have leaked.....

has the cd ever been available for pree order before? and is it available now from more than one site?

I think every day that goes by that they are still accepting preorders is a good thing. Can they still accept pre orders if the album isnt handled over. I dont even want to pretend to know, I am just hoping.

good point.

you'd think that those websites would not want deal the hassle of refunding the money given axl's track record.

at the same time axl did seem to go out of his way to cement the whole "8 weeks to turn around the album" in everyone's brains.

if this 3/6 were the date the record would have had to have been turned in by now, and you'd think that info would have leaked.....

has the cd ever been available for pree order before? and is it available now from more than one site?

I dont remember it being available before, but I am not sure. I remember it being listed as coming soon before, but you couldnt actually pay for it.

Edited by Gunzen

good point.

I dont remeber it being available befroe, but I am not sure. I remeber it being listed as coming soon before, but you couldnt actually pay for it.

wow ..well that seems like a pretty good sign to me ..but for some reason untill i see it available for preeorder in north amerikkka then im not getting to excited

good point.

I dont remember it being available before, but I am not sure. I remember it being listed as coming soon before, but you couldnt actually pay for it.

Actually, some stores have allowed people to preorder in the past. So really, this means nothing.

good point.

Actually, some stores have allowed people to preorder in the past. So really, this means nothing.

there goes the rug of optimissiom right out from under my feet ..thanks lol

HMV

Just thought I'd point out that HMV have included the 2002 logo as the temporary album cover on their website. I actually wouldn't mind if that were the cover, it's pretty minted. I got it on a t-shirt at the Hammersmith gig last year.

I'm glad you haven't a say about CD cover.

HMV

Just thought I'd point out that HMV have included the 2002 logo as the temporary album cover on their website. I actually wouldn't mind if that were the cover, it's pretty minted. I got it on a t-shirt at the Hammersmith gig last year.

I'm glad you haven't a say about CD cover.

Sorry, I think that would be horrible as the actual cover. Also these pre-orders mean nothing, been done before and yes you could pay for them before too so this is nothing new. I also agree with another poster above that said if it was handed in at the 8 weeks from 3/6 date then it would have already been handed in and something would have leaked. I have no faith in any album not leaking some information in this day and age. I have a feeling the record company still doesn't have it which would mean nothing has changed in the last decade so I am not going to get excited. But then, I probably won't get excited until I actually have CD in my hands just to keep away any dissapointments. I hope I am wrong and it's already turned in and promotion is about to start.

I sent the following email to HMV yesterday -

"I have noticed that the new Guns N' Roses album, Chinese Democracy, has now been given a cover-art. Is this the official cover art of the album? Also, as the album has a history of missed dates, how concrete is it that the album will be released on this date? Thank you for your help."

Today, I recieved two replies from customer services -

-----------------------------------------------------------------

"Thank you for contacting Customer Services.

I have looked into your query and ,to our knowledge,the pre-order date and art work displayed are official.If you do place a pre-order with us and anything changes with the release date we keep you informed.

Please do not hesitate to contact us again if you require further assistance.

Regards,

*Name removed as I don't want any HMV employees getting trouble for this*

Customer Services

www.hmv.co.uk "

----------------------------------------------------------------

"Thank you for your recent email.

What you see on the web site is what you get. As far as we know, the cover art and the release is the correct information. If there are any further changes made, updates will be emailed to the customers in regarding their order placed with us.

If you have nay further queries, please do not hesitate to contact us again.

Kind Regards

*Name Removed*

Customer Service

www.HMV.co.uk"

----------------------------------------------------------------

This seems like good news. OK, so the cover art is the old 2002 logo, but other than that the fact that HMV are relatively sure that the CD is being released on March 5th is good news. I posted this outside of the Comments From Stores thread as it seems important enough to warrant a separate thread.

If I'm not mistaken, I can only find this pre-order on the HMV UK site... it doesn't show up on the us site (which amazon controls). So once again, somebody is just guessing.

And do you you really think the cover art will just be the logo? I guess it is possible, and I do like the logo, but I don't buy it.

Fuck you HMV!