Rumored Album Release Dates

The_Terminator

Gould also declared that the record would be a Best Buy exclusive, and even previewed three of the album's tracks — this all according to a man who claims his nephew works for Best Buy and was present for the big reveal.

Great. I definitely feel assured now. Well, here's to hoping it's true - but by no means banking on it.

THG

Personally, I find it really disgusting that a news organization would use fan forums as the sole source for writing a story. It's people like this that give journalists a bad rep. If a journalist doesn't have an independent source - and preferably more than one - confirming this, they should not be writing a story.

GNR forums are as good as it gets when it comes to GNR news. Did you read what MTV said today? They compared If The World to Nightrain and Dead Horse.

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gould also declared that the record would be a Best Buy exclusive, and even previewed three of the album's tracks — this all according to a man who claims his nephew works for Best Buy and was present for the big reveal.

Great. I definitely feel assured now. Well, here's to hoping it's true - but by no means banking on it.

THG

Personally, I find it really disgusting that a news organization would use fan forums as the sole source for writing a story. It's people like this that give journalists a bad rep. If a journalist doesn't have an independent source - and preferably more than one - confirming this, they should not be writing a story.

GNR forums are as good as it gets when it comes to GNR news. Did you read what MTV said today? They compared If The World to Nightrain and Dead Horse.

:laugh:

THG

I totally agree. I personally find it hilarious that the fanbase (especially) continues believing in these dime store sources. "a man who claims his nephew works for Best Buy and was present for the big reveal"

Hey guys, my best friend's sister's husband's father's grandchild's nephew's dog - barked in a way that sounded like an alternate version of Maddy. So, it leads me to believe that the dog's owner must be in possesion of unheard music that most of us don't have. :drevil:

Classic.

THG

Edited by The Holy Grail

THG

I totally agree. I personally find it hilarious that the fanbase (especially) continues believing in these dime store sources. "a man who claims his nephew works for Best Buy and was present for the big reveal"

Hey guys, my best friend's sister's husband's father's grandchild's nephew's dog - barked in a way that sounded like an alternate version of Maddy. So, it leads me to believe that the dog's owner must be in possesion of unheard music that most of us don't have.

Classic.

THG

cmon....give me a break...its more than that "he said, she said" shit....did you listen to the audio?? those are brand new versions of those songs...vox, guitars, drums sound different and you can hear andy gould talking....

not to mention the whole Billboard.com article....and they are a pretty legit site...

I cant believe people think this is all one big hoax.....Billboard.com reported that best buy is set....they are a very reliable site...

But Billboard didn't say this was a done deal.

Their exact words were .... "... Some details of the deal are still being worked out, including the release date."

Translated - it means no deal has been signed and no release date has been set - yet.

"Best Buy close to deal to be exclusive retailer for CD" - New management team for G N' R

Source:

http://mygnr.com

Check out the news scroll.

The key here is "close to a deal" -- NOT a done deal.

This means, they're in talks to reach a deal - but no final agreement has been hammered out.

And how many times have we heard that the band is "close" - a "hair's breadth away" according to Tommy and friends, etc. - to a release date before? Again, let's wait until we get an official statement.

As I've said many many times - Please - everyone, don't get your hopes up until we've got a confirmation through an official press release.

We've all been down this road many many times - and we've seen how roadblocks and unexpected events can totally derail plans. So let's just wait for an official statement before everyone starts counting Tuesdays again. As I said in an earlier post - it's better to have low expectations and be surprised than high expectations and be disappointed.

I agree.

Realistically, I'll be happy if iTunes releases an official Rock Band 2 and/or a Body of Lies soundtrack. At least we'd be getting some official studio quality tracks available for commercial download. We'll be getting this if we're lucky I think.

I think it's confirmed that If The World isn't on the soundtrack just the closing credits

"Best Buy close to deal to be exclusive retailer for CD" - New management team for G N' R

Source:

The key here is "close to deal" -- NOT a done deal.

This means, they're in talks to reach a deal - but no final agreement has been hammered out.

Just out pf curiosity, when did the new management team announce this and where?

I cant believe people think this is all one big hoax.....Billboard.com reported that best buy is set....they are a very reliable site...

Their exact words were .... "... Some details of the deal are still being worked out, including the release date."

Translated - it means no deal has been signed and no release date has been set - yet.

Exactly, Maddy. It's disappointing how many of you are unable to see this. Especially considering this album's track record over the past decade.

RS is considered a reputable source by many and they gave an eroneous November 21st release date to the album back in 06'.

Nothing about that audio or the "nephew's brother" crap leads me to think that this is a sure bet.

THG

Edited by The Holy Grail

Source:

Just out pf curiosity, when did the new management team announce this and where?

What are you trying to prove? The new management team, or Axl for that matter, barely announce anything anyway.

Source:

What are you trying to prove? The new management team, or Axl for that matter, barely announce anything anyway.

I'm not trying to prove anything. The front page scroll of THIS WEBSITE is saying that the new management team said it, NOT ME. I'm wondering when and where did they say this?

Exactly, Maddy. It's disappointing how many of you are unable to see this. Especially considering this album's track record over the past decade.

RS is considered a reputable source by many and they gave an eroneous November 21st release date to the album back in 06'.

Nothing about that audio or the "nephew's brother" crap leads me to think that this is a sure bet.

THG

At least you've been lucky enough to acquire a new song to tide you over.

I think the deal is done and they are just waiting to announce it. I'd be shocked if we don't get an announcement by next Friday when Body Of Lies drops.

THG

I think the deal is done and they are just waiting to announce it. I'd be shocked if we don't get an announcement by next Friday when Body Of Lies drops.

I thought after shacklers we would of got more official announcements.

Since it was like the first official release since 1999.

Edited by ThinkAboutYou

THG

i would say if we dont get an announcement by next friday than were not getting album this year or possible ever because axl is throwing away another great promotional thing aka dr pepper and will realize he fucked up again and probably go back to his hole

I personally think Best Buy have got the deal, but they're still working out a release date.

There was no point in BB working out a release strategy until they're guaranteed the album, so I think they're still working out the best way to release it and the management have suggested 25th November, but it's not all been fully worked out yet. I guess best buy have a LOT of the say if they're the ones releasing it.

Hopefully we'll hear something soon.

LP

its funny you leave out this part of it Madison

"Best Buy is set to be the exclusive retailer for Guns N' Roses decade-plus-in-the-making new album "Chinese Democracy" before year's end, sources close to the situation tell Billboard. Some details of the deal are still being worked out, including the release date."

IE, the deal is done but they are just finalizing a release date....Nowhere in that article do I get the opinion that its not a done deal.....just that they dont have everything set up yet....