Rumored Album Release Dates

The_Terminator

I don't believe that Axl has anything to do with the release now, the finished album was handed in ages ago.. This is now in the hands of the record company, and they won't release it until they know they can get their money back. At this stage, Axl could not hurry the release or stop it all together - it's out of his hands.

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I though this was going to be some good rumor..then i saw Randy's name.

Yeah it's nothing.

Solves nothing other than Randy thinks the release date will be known a week on Friday when the film comes out.

No other rationalisation.......

LP

So ... I figure come next week we should have a press release from Axl or Best Buy announcing the release date, cover art preview, a new single getting air play, advertisements, and quite possibly an interview from the man himself discussing the very soon-to-be-released album?

I assume this soley because this seems to be what most bands do a month or so prior to the release of a new record? And considering a release of this magnitude, I'm sure they're going to want all the promo that they can get 7 weeks prior to an album that has been 10 years in the making. Right?

THG

Edited by The Holy Grail

So ... I figure come next week we should have a press release from Axl or Best Buy announcing the release date, cover art preview, a new single getting air play, advertisements, and quite possibly an interview from the man himself discussing the very soon-to-be-released album?

I assume this soley because this seems to be what most bands do a month or so prior to the release of a new record? And considering a release of this magnitude, I'm sure they're going to want all the promo that they can get 7 weeks prior to an album that has been 10 years in the making. Right?

THG

I expect that if the album comes out we will see none of this. It will be like the 2006 U.S. tour. No promotion, no new radio single, no advertising blitz, $100 tickets and Axl wondering why they played to less than half houses on a regular basis. And like that tour, Axl will be pissed off at all the fans who didn't show up...by punishing the fans who actually did by going back into obscurity.

If the album's coming out before Christmas, they would definitely need to announce it soon.

Look at AC/DC's and The Eagles' exclusives at Wal-Mart -- those suckers were announced about half a year in advance. Exclusives tend to take more time, I think, to get up and running - so I imagine they wouldn't have as much flexibility. But I could be wrong. Maybe Best Buy is more lenient since they're not as huge as Wal-Mart.

Either way, if there's no announcement within the next few weeks, I don't expect anything to come by the year's end. I think if we get an announcement, it's reasonable to assume it will be the day before Body of Lies comes out -- on the official GN'R website, I can imagine them posting all the info on both the If the World release as well as album plans. But that's very optimistic thinking at this point.

I expect that if the album comes out we will see none of this. It will be like the 2006 U.S. tour. No promotion, no new radio single, no advertising blitz,

No way. We already know the man himself wants proper promotion. He made that pretty clear in his 2006 open letter.

Either way, if there's no announcement within the next few weeks, I don't expect anything to come by the year's end. I think if we get an announcement, it's reasonable to assume it will be the day before Body of Lies comes out -- on the official GN'R website, I can imagine them posting all the info on both the If the World release as well as album plans. But that's very optimistic thinking at this point.

Yeah, but with Dr. Pepper's offer, the RB2 song, and ITW being played in Body of Lies, that almost guarantees us that the album is coming out this year. Right? Plus, didn't Best Buy confirm that they are the exclusive distributor for Chinese Democracy? And remember, we received confirmation from "some guy who had a nephew in attendance" that Gould played 3 polished tracks to a group of BB employees.

I don't know about you guys, but this year's stocking stuffers are already planned out for me.

Well I have had the album on pre-order since 2002 so i better get my copy lol

Word. Are any stores currently taking pre-orders? I imagine that there probably are quite a few.

THG

Edited by The Holy Grail

I assume this soley because this seems to be what most bands do

No.

1. GN'R does not do what most bands do.

2. We won't get an announcement until a week (2 weeks if we're lucky) before the release.

BF1

2. We won't get an announcement until a week (2 weeks if we're lucky) before the release.

BF1

Really? But Axl said he wanted proper promotion. I wouldn't think that would be enough time for a release of this magnitude. Plus, you'd figure BB would want to be promoting the hell out of it as long as possible to build hype.

Hell, if they wait until a week prior, there's a good chance the album would leak prior to it being announced. Right?

The Holy Grail

BF1

Really? But Axl said he wanted proper promotion. I wouldn't think that would be enough time for a release of this magnitude. Plus, you'd figure BB would want to be promoting the hell out of it as long as possible to build hype.

Hell, if they wait until a week prior, there's a good chance the album would leak prior to it being announced. Right?

The Holy Grail

Are we talking about promotion or the announcement of a release date? Because the promotion has started. Rock Band 2, Body of Lies.

This is not a traditional album - so don't expect traditional marketing.

But I get your point regardless - this is your way of saying the album is not coming out this year. Yeah. Great. Thanks for being so original.

The album WILL leak prior to the release. All albums leak prior to the release.

I stand by what I said before. BEST BUY is not going to announce a release date until 1-2 weeks before they release it.

While I see your point and agree with all your other comments, THG, I have to say there's no doubt in my mind that the Best Buy preview happened. I was skeptical until I actually heard the recording - the songs are clearly different. A good example is the double layers of Axl vocals on Chinese Democracy and the different drums and sound effects on If the World. If it were a fake, I honestly don't think they'd be able to do half as good a job of retooling those songs.

Other than that, yeah, I agree - I'm not getting my hopes up because you never know in GN'R World...

play.com is. £9.99

Ssiscool, do they have a limit on the quantity they are allowing people to pre-order to ensure there are enough copies to go around to the consumers?

The Holy Grail

can't see nothing. It just says Chinese Democracy £9.99 Due for release on 24th November

I would assume we will see a pre-order in the best buy ad the sunday after this one

Oh, yeah. At the absolute latest.

I wouldn't be surprised if there's a half time teaser this Sunday night during the Steelers / Jaguars game. I'm just wondering what song they'll decide to use. I'm thinking possibly 'Hearts Always Get Killed'.

THG

The main part i took from the BB story is that many details still have to be sorted, i doubt if it will happen as fast as some people think.

There is a real danger in getting ahead of yourself, we have all seen this before and while it looks closer than ever it could still be a long way off, sorry to be pessimistic but that's the way i have learned to look at it