Rumored Album Release Dates

The_Terminator

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quick summary for anyone attempting to reach Best Buy today to garner more information:

A. Best Buy only has these listed in their RSS system - NOT on their website, not on the usual system they check store stock with. (Which, ironically, is their own website)

B. There are a total of six known SKUs (Stock Keeper Units.. in other words, the store's 'identification system' for products.)

C. Here are the SKUs that we know of - along with the price points:

9111016 - Chinese Democracy 'Version 1' - $13.99

9111034 - Chinese Democracy 'Version 2' - $13.99

9111052 - Chinese Democracy 'Version 3' - $13.99

9111061 - Chinese Democracy 'Version 1' - $19.99

9111043 - Chinese Democracy 'Version 2' - $19.99

9111025 - Chinese Democracy 'Version 3' $19.99

In addition, we have a supposed UPC from one of the discs / LPS (I'm not 100% convinced the 19.99 price point items are vinyl). The UPC is 602517906075

D. By the end of the day, I SHOULD have screenshots confirming all of this stuff myself. Once I do (assuming that the plan comes through) I will post them - obviously removing any identifying information so as to keep people out of trouble.

E. The supposed 'release date' for all of these is November 25th - I was told by the Best Buy in Pueblo, CO that he is showing an 'active' date of October 28th - HOWEVER he believes that means that's the day when it goes into their online / web system. It sounds like the way they run their stock management is pretty convoluted, but not my place to judge.

F. If anyone gets any additional information, PLEASE share it. Even if its something that totally debunks what you see here - its the best way we can get to the facts in this situation.

Ciao,

-darknemus

Best Buy in Edmonton, Canada has only one copy in their database for 14.99 and a release date of Nov 23.

Yes!!!!!!!! Edmonton has one copy!!!!!!

Who is Edmonton?? what copy? any explain me this please....

Edmonton is Best Buy insider...he's got his hands on Chi Dem hard copy!!

He's says it's absolutely AMAZING!

But the bastard won't leak it!

come on Ed...we're waiting!

Please, do not leak Chinese Democracy. It would be the worst thing that can happend to Guns N' Roses, Axl and us. If it will leak too soon, there will be no hype, no fame, GNR won't be ever big band like they used to be only becouse of downloading motherfuckers. I guess that if someone will leak it, he will very soon root in jail. FBI is here.

Hi everyone,

Just went to best buy at burlington ontario and talked to manager, he informed me he just got word 3 days or so ago that the release will be out Nov 23rd/08 no plans to open late as yet but ask again closer to date. I asked him point blank if this is confirmed he told me yes it is absolutely confirmed!!!!

I am excited now! :)

Gunsguy

Please, do not leak Chinese Democracy. It would be the worst thing that can happend to Guns N' Roses, Axl and us. If it will leak too soon, there will be no hype, no fame, GNR won't be ever big band like they used to be only becouse of downloading motherfuckers. I guess that if someone will leak it, he will very soon root in jail. FBI is here.

Of course. Downloading has never, ever helped an album's sales or been used as a marketing tool. Downloading has destroyed the music industry. When napster came along, there was never, ever another successful artist. 1999 was the last year an album was released. No song has been recorded since, and certainly no artist has ever gotten hype or fame via the internet.

Please, get fucking serious. The 9 tracks that leaked garnered more buzz and attention for this band than every cancelled show or atrocious music award show performance ever has.

Of course. Downloading has never, ever helped an album's sales or been used as a marketing tool. Downloading has destroyed the music industry. When napster came along, there was never, ever another successful artist. 1999 was the last year an album was released. No song has been recorded since, and certainly no artist has ever gotten hype or fame via the internet.

Please, get fucking serious. The 9 tracks that leaked garnered more buzz and attention for this band than every cancelled show or atrocious music award show performance ever has.

It's very different (but 9 tracks leak was bad too, I know about many peoples who don't care about GNR since that).. There were only few unfinished tracks. If whole album will leak, there will be nothing to look forward. There won't be the "Chinese Democracy myth" anymore. Of course, there would be lots of people who would buy it even that, like fans. But with this hyped, magic never-released long awaited Chinese Democracy, it will be better. In 2008 it's hard to make lots of money and fame on music. There is good chance, that GNR will make it, so we, like fans, can only hope that no one will ruin it.

And there is another thing, the FBI thing.It wouldn't be smart to leak somtehing as big as CD is. If Kogil only becouse of few unfished tracks has lots of problems, like 10 000 $ only for bond and good chance to root in jail, someone who would leak whole CD would be absolutely dumb.

Edited by BatVin

Probably just a bullshit rumour, but remember Chinese Democracy, German Warfare, and Russian Intrigue? It would be f'n amazing to see that realized! I'm going to have to dig up that thread, for some reason I thought it actually sounded legit. Maybe I thought that because Axl hinted at this being a trilogy, though I don't think he ever said it would all come out the same day. He did a radio interview in 2002 and said three albums released one year apart, and they'd be touring during that whole time.

I agree that three different products with the same price point either hint at something like three different album covers, or if we are lucky three completely different albums with roughly the same number of songs on each. Boy, those are two completely different scenarios aren't they? One kind of sucks and the other flat out rules. Doubt I'd buy different colored covers, I didn't for Contraband and I'm a VR fan.

I'm hoping the ones that cost $19.99 are deluxe versions with a DVD. It's possible that Best Buy doesn't even have vinyl in their system (they don't carry vinyl I don't think). I'll pick up my vinyl copies from HMV. This album is going to have a deluxe version, frankly it has to.

Anyways, nice work to the folks who have managed to secure SKU and UPC numbers. I'm not sure it'll tell us anything other than the fact that this is finally getting released. We probably won't know what each particular SKU holds until it's up on the BB website for the world to see.

Edited by KBear

It's very different (but 9 tracks leak was bad too, I know about many peoples who don't care about GNR since that).. There were only few unfinished tracks. If whole album will leak, there will be nothing to look forward. There won't be the "Chinese Democracy myth" anymore. Of course, there would be lots of people who would buy it even that, like fans. But with this hyped, magic never-released long awaited Chinese Democracy, it will be better. In 2008 it's hard to make lots of money and fame on music. There is good chance, that GNR will make it, so we, like fans, can only hope that no one will ruin it.

And there is another thing, the FBI thing.It wouldn't be smart to leak somtehing as big as CD is. If Kogil only becouse of few unfished tracks has lots of problems, like 10 000 $ only for bond and good chance to root in jail, someone who would leak whole CD would be absolutely dumb.

By that logic, the actual commercial release of ChiDem will destroy the mystique around the album. The album leaking can only have a positive effect on sales. Until those 9 tracks leaked and started making their way around the mainstream critics and on file sharing sites, almost no one had heard Better, The Blues, etc. I guarantee you after the tracks leaked, searches for "GNR" on google and yahoo have spiked through the roof -- if that's proof of interest generated, I don't what is.

Clearly GNR's marketing is awful at this stage in the game. I'm sure that will change as we get closer to the release, but if ChiDem were to leak right now, that would be more publicity than jailing a blogger could buy.

the full album leaking too early can only be bad for sales in my view

lots of people on this board said they would download it and not buy it so what does that say if fans have that attitude

Past evidence does not support this. For example, the new metallica album leaked over a week before it's release and it sold over 500,000 copies first week.

i was thinking this exclusive deal with best buy might be about keeping the album from leaking before the release. i understand there are different deals for overseas, but the initial release date via best buy could keep the production of the cds and their distribution down to a minimum and this way no excessive promo copies need be made and no schmoozing has to take place with various retailers and individuals, making for a simple manufacturing, packaging in the weeks before and shipping to outlets the previous day with a "do not open before" label on the crate.

anyway, pure speculation, but it seems a rational reason for an exclusive deal through one retailer.

Its clear why they arent saying anything.

We and other forums are on top of everything, it only takes about 15 min and stuff is spread across the internet to a point it cant be reversed.

The fact that they havent confirmed anything themselves probally means some minor things might need to be in paper before best buy or the camp says anything, they are trying to keep the leaks from happening until as close to release as they can, the camp wants to wait a little longer before they say anything so the hype is still there when the cd comes out. Things have been slowly building this year and are increasely active now, i would say stop worrying so much. The cd is coming and the leak will also come. I mean every web site has stuff about it and i saw it on my tv yesterday on 2 diffrent channels talking about the 23rd of nov being the day. They are getting all the attention they need right now, and will get more when they announce the release themselves. I will download the leak and buy a copy or 2 from the store. and it will leak no matter what because everything does, its only a matter of time. Also i dont think anything is stoping this from happening this year, to many things seem to have allready been set in motion.

Edited by Ram1985