Rumored Album Release Dates

The_Terminator

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I usually download every album and listen to it before I purchase it, but if this ends up being true and we are getting the album in less than two months, I will not download it even if it leaks 3 weeks early. We have waited SO long for this album, and I can wait another month and a half.

I usually download every album and listen to it before I purchase it, but if this ends up being true and we are getting the album in less than two months, I will not download it even if it leaks 3 weeks early. We have waited SO long for this album, and I can wait another month and a half.

We all have waited so long -- the question works both ways. WHY wait another month?

And no one has demonstrated how leaks delay an album. That argument is absurd.

the full album leaking too early can only be bad for sales in my view

lots of people on this board said they would download it and not buy it so what does that say if fans have that attitude

Past evidence does not support this. For example, the new metallica album leaked over a week before it's release and it sold over 500,000 copies first week.

a week to ten days is most likely unavoidable but it's now what 6 weeks before the supposed date

i work at a big retailer store and the guy who runs the music department told-me today that its confirmed, and now the only doubt is if its worht the 15 years of waiting! :)

ITS COMING!!!!!

It's how I always imagined it would be confirmed. :unsure:

THG

Edited by The Holy Grail

sigh great thread

I kinda lol'd a bit.

I do believe this is happening, but nothing is absolutely confirmed until the band says so. We've been through this stuff before - there were store managers telling forum users back in '06 that it was being secretly shipped overnight, and tons of people were posting that info here, and it turned out to be B.S. Remember the guy who worked at Circuit City or Costco or something and claimed there was a big notice in the employee break room about the secret shipment instructing sales clerks not to tell anyone about the album because it was a "surprise"? :lol:

Remember the guy who worked at Circuit City or Costco or something and claimed there was a big notice in the employee break room about the secret shipment instructing sales clerks not to tell anyone about the album because it was a "surprise"? :lol:

Remember it? Hell, I posted it.

Kidding.

THG

sigh great thread

I kinda lol'd a bit.

I do believe this is happening, but nothing is absolutely confirmed until the band says so. We've been through this stuff before - there were store managers telling forum users back in '06 that it was being secretly shipped overnight, and tons of people were posting that info here, and it turned out to be B.S. Remember the guy who worked at Circuit City or Costco or something and claimed there was a big notice in the employee break room about the secret shipment instructing sales clerks not to tell anyone about the album because it was a "surprise"? :lol:

Didn't we also get fake images to support that?

sigh great thread

I kinda lol'd a bit.

Yeah, he posted a photo of the employee break room. I think the "notice" to employees was taped to the soda vending machine, and it said something how the secret shipments would be received that night and no one was to talk to customers about the album to ensure it was kept a secret. :lol:

sigh great thread

I kinda lol'd a bit.

Wasn't the album also supposed to be shipped as 'Lilacs and Bazookas' or some shit? :rofl-lol:

THG

Yet another bullshit made up post.

But it raises the question, just who will be THE ONE to post the official announcement from Universal/Geffen/Official Website? It won't be me as I never go on that god awful website, but I bet there are people sat there hitting refresh almost constantly.

sigh great thread

I kinda lol'd a bit.

Wasn't the album also supposed to be shipped as 'Lilacs and Bazookas' or some shit? :rofl-lol:

THG

:lol: Something like that. They were like reverse lyrics to Paradise City or something.

Ah, sad times.

Its clear why they arent saying anything.

We and other forums are on top of everything, it only takes about 15 min and stuff is spread across the internet to a point it cant be reversed.

The fact that they havent confirmed anything themselves probally means some minor things might need to be in paper before best buy or the camp says anything, they are trying to keep the leaks from happening until as close to release as they can, the camp wants to wait a little longer before they say anything so the hype is still there when the cd comes out. Things have been slowly building this year and are increasely active now, i would say stop worrying so much. The cd is coming and the leak will also come. I mean every web site has stuff about it and i saw it on my tv yesterday on 2 diffrent channels talking about the 23rd of nov being the day. They are getting all the attention they need right now, and will get more when they announce the release themselves. I will download the leak and buy a copy or 2 from the store. and it will leak no matter what because everything does, its only a matter of time. Also i dont think anything is stoping this from happening this year, to many things seem to have allready been set in motion.

they probably have a planned schedule, and they'll stick to it. nothing more or less. of course the news would leak ahead of time, but that doesn't mean they have to alter their schedule. GN'R doesn't care and never has cared about the rumors of the internet, so they won't react to something that happens on it (except as a PR move, such as the story about Robin and the arrest).

if that best buy computer thing said Oct 28 it would go into the system, that's likely when pre-orders will become available, so I would expect a press release no earlier than a day or two before that time.

the full album leaking too early can only be bad for sales in my view

lots of people on this board said they would download it and not buy it so what does that say if fans have that attitude

look at metallica there new albums leak before the realease to best buy and i think it selled well i have the leak songs and went got the album

The only people worried about leaks delaying an album is the people who deep down, think Chinese Democracy will suck. If people are allowed the preview it, and its a good album, it will sell. If its a horrible joke, then leaks might have a negative effect.

My chips are in with Chinese Democracy being album of the year. How about you?

The only people worried about leaks delaying an album is the people who deep down, think Chinese Democracy will suck. If people are allowed the preview it, and its a good album, it will sell. If its a horrible joke, then leaks might have a negative effect.

My chips are in with Chinese Democracy being album of the year. How about you?

I think CD is going to be well worth the wait, i think people will be shocked at just how good it is.

While it might struggle to live up to the hype and time it has taken Axl would not allow it released unless he thought it was fucking great, i trust him