Rumored Album Release Dates

The_Terminator

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who exactly is Mysteron?

I have narrowed it down to Beta or Tommy Stinsons Webmaster.Del couldn't give such short answers.

Ok where should i start i called interscope and asked to speak to publicity a woman aswered the phone and i said hi i am a big time guns n roses fan can you please tell me if the best buy rumer is true she kind of paused and said hold on after a few minutes on hold she hung up on me so i called back and got the same woman again i said im sorry did we get disconected she said [here is where the fun part is]

SIR I AM NOT AUTHORIZED TO TELL YOU ANYTHING ABOUT THE GUNS N ROSES CD I SAID OK CAN YOU AT LEAST TELL ME ABOUT THE DALLAS CONVENTION AND SHE SAID SIR I AM NOT AUTHORIZED TO TELL YOU ANYTHING ABOUT THE GUNS N ROSES CD

So what do you think gnr fans i think CHINESE DEMOCRACY STARTS NOVEMBER 23,2008

Can I ask why you thought they would not give info to MTV,Rolling Stone, etc. but that they would give it to a random GNR fan?

They've changed the message on Best Buys??

from Site being updated

to:

Online Ordering is Temporarily Unavailable

We apologize for the inconvenience. Please check back soon.

In the meantime, you can use the links below to learn about in-store specials and more. To place an order, check the status of an existing order, or with questions, call Customer Care at 1-888-BEST BUY (237-8289).

http://www.bestbuy.com/

Edited by SHAZ65

I'm still skeptical because of a lack of news, but have done some digging 'round the net.

Rumor floating on HTGTH re: Best Buy contract says GNR can pull out two weeks before the release date. Take with a grain of salt, this was coming from a lower-level employee (and then posted by someone on the internet).

Re: SKU's. I'll throw in a theory...obviously we've got three seperate covers, major labels tend to do that with most "tentpole" releases. The second set of three, priced higher, is likely a "deluxe edition." For example, one of my favorite rappers, Atmosphere, released his last album with a regular version, and a deluxe set with some storybook & a DVD for about $20 (I went for the regular disc, however). Thus, the $20 version could have extra artwork, writing, and possibly (hopefully) B-sides or alternate versions of songs.

If that's the case, I'd plunk down the extra bucks.

Guess some announcement is coming "after Thursday" according to cold-reader-extraordinaire Mysteron...

no way in hell would gnr be able to pull out 2 weeks before. who ever said that is a dumbshit. thats the most horrific thing ive ever heard from here lol.

edit: nothing against the poster. aimed at the employee. imagine the costs involved with promotion. and then they pull out before release . totally would NOT happen

Edited by sonic-jam

So GnR can walk from this deal two weeks before a release?

Great fucking news, hold off on the hype ladies its all about to be flushed down the toilet.

Doesn't matter, once a few of the discs are out there, it'll leak. Fuck it, let Axl pull out of the release if there are discs in circulation at some point in the next month or so; we'll hear the album regardless.

Great fucking news, hold off on the hype ladies its all about to be flushed down the toilet.

Doesn't matter, once a few of the discs are out there, it'll leak. Fuck it, let Axl pull out of the release if there are discs in circulation at some point in the next month or so; we'll hear the album regardless.

This is why I think I am going with the download and wait position. I would download and not listen, but if something insane like that happens, then I am covered. Otherwise, I am looking forward to the event of buying and popping it in and hearing new music, as I envisioned when I first started waiting for CD, before downloading was even an option. lmao

Who exactly is Mysteron?

I have narrowed it down to Beta or Tommy Stinsons Webmaster.Del couldn't give such short answers.

Ok where should i start i called interscope and asked to speak to publicity a woman aswered the phone and i said hi i am a big time guns n roses fan can you please tell me if the best buy rumer is true she kind of paused and said hold on after a few minutes on hold she hung up on me so i called back and got the same woman again i said im sorry did we get disconected she said [here is where the fun part is]

SIR I AM NOT AUTHORIZED TO TELL YOU ANYTHING ABOUT THE GUNS N ROSES CD I SAID OK CAN YOU AT LEAST TELL ME ABOUT THE DALLAS CONVENTION AND SHE SAID SIR I AM NOT AUTHORIZED TO TELL YOU ANYTHING ABOUT THE GUNS N ROSES CD

So what do you think gnr fans i think CHINESE DEMOCRACY STARTS NOVEMBER 23,2008

Can I ask why you thought they would not give info to MTV,Rolling Stone, etc. but that they would give it to a random GNR fan?

random GNR fan?

he's a BIG TIME GNR fan!

This is why I think I am going with the download and wait position. I would download and not listen, but if something insane like that happens, then I am covered. Otherwise, I am looking forward to the event of buying and popping it in and hearing new music, as I envisioned when I first started waiting for CD, before downloading was even an option. lmao

I think I need the CD to take it as a serious album! I ordered the radiohead box set that came a month or 2 (can't remember) after the 'download' release and although I downloaded it, I didn't properly listen to the album until I got the box set.....

I think I'm getting old. Don't get me wrong I have listened to the leaks a lot, but not as much if the very same leaks came on an official CD! Weird I know.

LP

One other reason they may have went the exclusive route is that it will be easier to prevent "early leaks".

Hypothetical scenerio:

Best Buy buys 3 million copies up front. Discs remain closely guarded in one location until final shipping date(s), perhaps

as late as Thu or Fri before the 23rd.

This sure as hell beats the scenario where they would have to ship to tons of distributors weeks ahead of time,

and Best Buy has all the incentive in the world to make sure it doesnt leak.

Edited by DaNutz

Also I just want to say I love the timing of the 23rd.

Its the Sunday before the busiest shopping week of the year (after Thanksgiving).

So they get the initial push from all the hype surrounding Democracy,

which is propelled into the Thanksgiving weekend.

Next hopefully come the covers on RollingStone, Spin, etc in Dec, Jan,

and if the music is nearly as good as the hype, look at for Christmas

gift of the year.

Id guess nearly every family in America that celebrates Christmas will walk into

a Best Buy sometime before the end of this year.

One other reason they may have went the exclusive route is that it will be easier to prevent "early leaks".

Hypothetical scenerio:

Best Buy buys 3 million copies up front. Discs remain closely guarded in one location until final shipping date(s), perhaps

as late as Thu or Fri before the 23rd.

This sure as hell beats the scenario where they would have to ship to tons of distributors weeks ahead of time,

and Best Buy has all the incentive in the world to make sure it doesnt leak.

Absolutely, At first I didn't see the benefit of this type of release for gnr, but the more I think about it, and the more I hear it really is the perfect method in todays music environment.