Rumored Album Release Dates

The_Terminator

look, i never said we should take it as 100% as fact.....but some of you act like this is all "unsubstantiated rumor" Billboard is a VERY reliable site....they dont report stuff unless their sources are VERY good.....the source of their first Best Buy story was Azoff himself...

the best buy convention happened....the new songs in RB2 and Body of lies happened....the RSS stuff is true(I checked myself asking a best buy employee), mysteron said the plan is to releas it 11/23...so now all we can do is wait and see if these plans come to fruitation...in gnr world things change, but it sounds like stuffs on the right track..theyll announce it when Best Buy/Universal feel fit to announce it...if the deal was Just signed a couple weeks ago, they need to get track ready for single release, promo activities in place etc. before they actually announce it....

i think we will get an announcement by early November IMO

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is from bestbuy site:

Coming Soon by Week

October 14, 2008 - October 20, 2008 (1178)

October 21, 2008 - October 27, 2008 (1233)

October 28, 2008 - November 3, 2008 (1063)

November 4, 2008 - November 10, 2008 (541)

November 11, 2008 - November 17, 2008 (756)

Next update will be next week and they will include the releases for the week 18 to 24 november ... I said this a weeks ago ... i have a funny feeling they will make public the product at the time best buy does it ... so the countdown is a week from now ...

I know i´m optimistic .. i know ... :rofl-lol:

look, i never said we should take it as 100% as fact.....but some of you act like this is all "unsubstantiated rumor" Billboard is a VERY reliable site....they dont report stuff unless their sources are VERY good.....the source of their first Best Buy story was Azoff himself...

the best buy convention happened....the new songs in RB2 and Body of lies happened....the RSS stuff is true(I checked myself asking a best buy employee), mysteron said the plan is to releas it 11/23...so now all we can do is wait and see if these plans come to fruitation...in gnr world things change, but it sounds like stuffs on the right track..theyll announce it when Best Buy/Universal feel fit to announce it...if the deal was Just signed a couple weeks ago, they need to get track ready for single release, promo activities in place etc. before they actually announce it....

Well put, i agree. End of october early nov. If we havent heard anything by early november then it aint comin out!

The metallica album did not have a firm release date until about a month in advance. The major promo in terms of tv adverts did not begin and were not that major! until a few weeks before. Fingers crossed for the next few weeks!

Edited by bangit

Well put, i agree. End of october early nov. If we havent heard anything by early november then it aint comin out!

early november?? you are kidding us ... there must be an announcement from here to last days of october... november is too late for "proper promotion"

^in 2008 that is.

Yeah, I agree. And there's no way they can keep it a secret after they start manufacturing the discs, so I guess we'll find out soon enough...

early november?? you are kidding us ... there must be an announcement from here to last days of october... november is too late for "proper promotion"

this isnt a conventional record, or conventional band though....Metallica released their single August 22nd, cd was released September 12th...and went #1 in about a week...I would expect GNR to do similar..

proper promotion? I doubt we will see that much proper promotion, just a release date, fuck nos what else lol this is gnr! can you see a music video coming out? With what band members? unless it has already been filmed. a single released in advance, maybe?

Isnt proper promo releasing a song on a video game and a song on a blockbuster movie?

If only they could have got something on the new bond film, without doubt the largest film released in the fall this year! beginning of nov if im correct.

Just a thought - maybe the silence on ITW could be because of a much bigger, better, high profile promo tool being used in another film or something - maybe they see ITW as a minor subliminal advert????? rose, axl rose......... :-)

Edited by bangit

Arent we past the "8 weeks of proper promotion" point.

the 8 weeks was for regular release......I doubt when axl mentioned that a whole "exclusive" was even a thought...

the only promo GNR need to do is put out a single, best buy will push these things like a cheap commodity they need to get rid of...

proper promotion? I doubt we will see that much proper promotion, just a release date, fuck nos what else lol this is gnr! can you see a music video coming out? With what band members? unless it has already been filmed. a single released in advance, maybe?

Isnt proper promo releasing a song on a video game and a song on a blockbuster movie?

If only they could have got something on the new bond film, without doubt the largest film released in the fall this year! beginning of nov if im correct.

Just a thought - maybe the silence on ITW could be because of a much bigger, better, high profile promo tool being used in another film or something - maybe they see ITW as a minor subliminal advert????? rose, axl rose......... :-)

They have never just put a song a bond film have they...they have always been written for Bond (I could be wrong), If they ask Axl now the might get one for 2012 ;)

I wonder what odds a bookie would give on November 23rd passing silently by?

It all seems so believable, so real. But then again, can you actually imagine this happening?

I know what you mean. It's always seemed so intangible. There's so much weird shit going on behind the scenes, who knows what can happen to prevent its release any further. Still trying to stay optimistic about this year though.

http://www.universalmusic.nl/artist_detail...\%27+Roses

The bottom of this site (which is OFFICIAL Universal site)...

Chinese Democracy

De voorbereidingen voor een zesde album van Guns N’ Roses beginnen al in 1994, maar het duurt eindelijk tot 23 november 2008 voordat Chinese Democracy, zoals het album heet, het levenslicht ziet.

Google translate...and you get....

Chinese Democracy

Preparations for the sixth album by Guns N 'Roses begin as early as 1994, but it takes finally to 23 Nov., 2008 before Chinese Democracy, as the album is called, will see the light.

Edited by CoBrA2168

I wonder what odds a bookie would give on November 23rd passing silently by?

It all seems so believable, so real. But then again, can you actually imagine this happening?

I know what you mean. It's always seemed so intangible. There's so much weird shit going on behind the scenes, who knows what can happen to prevent its release any further. Still trying to stay optimistic about this year though.

People gave me a hard time for saying I'm out if noithing happens this year, that I won't stop in and see what's up anymore, and just take the attitude that if/when it comes out, I'll stop by and grab a copy, but I refuse to follow what happens week to week day to day. I have been a gnr fan from nearly day 1.. and have been a part of the wait for CD from the moment it was mentioned, I want to be excited and sure right now that the 23rd is really it.

But I thought 2001 was it, I REALLY thought 2006 was it - there was no way Axl himself would preclaim it's release by years end and it wouldn't happen, so to be here now waiting and wondering, I want to believe, but if it doesn't happen, would I be surprised... not in the least.

The ones who refuse to believe that it couldn't happen this year could not have been on board this ride from day 1.

wow. Check this out. http://www.universalmusic.nl/artist_detail...s+N%5C%27+Roses according to dutsch universal is CD coming in Europe on november 23

( found by GNRVahland )

Saw that, interesting. I would like to see this on the American site for the company and, of course, the bands site...strange it would not be listed on all Universal sites at the same time tho'

bleh, either way, I'll believe it when I own it.

Edited by mcalldp