Lynyrd Skynyrd

FunkyMonk

I think so :).

Everything these guys did (I'm talkin' about the pre-plane crash band, I haven't heard any new Skynyrd stuff) was just amazing.

From simple rock songs to huge epic songs they did it all perfectly. Even with their huge lineup they never ever sounded cluttered, which is pretty impressive to me considering other bands that can't even manage that.

It's hard to believe how many tragic things has gone on in this bands tenure too.

I'm sure there's been heaps of threads on here (vaguely remember a "Best American Band" thread), but these guys deserve everything they can get. Just brilliant.

but these guys deserve everything they can get. Just brilliant.

Agreed.

I make a point of seeing them every time they are in my area.

Great drinking music. rock3

bba

What are the new guys like? I respect 'em for continuing on with the band, and I'm guessing they'd still be pretty awesome.

but these guys deserve everything they can get. Just brilliant.

Agreed.

I make a point of seeing them every time they are in my area.

Great drinking music. rock3

bba

What are the new guys like? I respect 'em for continuing on with the band, and I'm guessing they'd still be pretty awesome.

They're not bad.

Then again, I'm always hammered at the shows. :lol:

Check'm out if you get the chance.

bba

Lynyrd Skynyrd is one of my favorites.i enjoy Gimme Back My Bullets.but as for the new stuff i really havent heard that much.i did see theam do a new song about 3 months ago on some late night tv show and they still sonded good and the new song was pretty good to.i think it would be cool to see Skynyrd,38 Special and kid rock tour together.

They're really amazing. The Needle and The Spoon is just a pure rock song, love the solo, something slashy in it...Free Bird is pretty fucking amazing, Simple Man has some of the best advice I've ever heard, I know a Little has an incredible little bluesy rythm that goes terribly well along the guitar and piano soloes, etc...

Skynyrd Rock Big Time.

I can't really get into the new lineup too much. I just downloaded a dvd of Skynyrd and Friends and the bird chirps in the background of Free Bird annoy the hell out of me. Also, Johnny Van Zant or whatever, doesn't have the right voice.

Honestly, I think Johnny is more suited than Ronnie for Skynyrd.