Led Zeppelin to announce concert!!!!!

Facekicker

Axl should phone up Jimmy Page and ask if he can fill in for Plant on an American tour. In all seriousness though, if anybody gets a chance to see Zep, they should fucking go!! I saw the Page and Plant tour in 98 and it seriously rocked. These guys are legends and you won't see rock stars of their caliber again.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I personally love robert plant's new style of singing...it's got much more of a lilting tone and age of course has ridden him of his falsetto range but traded that for a much richer tone and sense of melody that comes with experience. I would love to be at this concert.

Edited by stevGNR666

from bbc

'Millions' rush for Zeppelin gig

The surviving band members have not played together for 19 years. An estimated 20 million people rushed to register for tickets to see Led Zeppelin as soon as the band announced their reunion, promoters have said. The remaining members of the legendary rock group will play a one-off show at the 20,000-capacity O2 arena in London on 26 November, they said on Wednesday. The concert's website has struggled to cope with demand, and organisers have asked fans to be patient. Registration for the £125 tickets closes at midday BST on Monday. Tickets for the show will be allocated by public ballot - a move promoter Harvey Goldsmith hopes will deter touts.

Fans warned

"We just hope and pray that those people who get a ticket in a ballot are just going to act accordingly," he said. Goldsmith also warned fans who turned to internet auction sites like eBay or other unauthorised sources that they would have their tickets cancelled. "They might have paid the money but they ain't going to get the ticket," he said.

Led Zeppelin were one of the most popular and influential rock acts of the 1970s, setting the template for heavy metal and shocking the press with their debauched lifestyle. Best known for songs like Stairway to Heaven, Whole Lotta Love and Kashmir, they sold more than 300 million albums around the world. They split in 1980 after drummer John Bonham died, and have only regrouped for a handful of shows and award ceremonies since. Bonham's son Jason will join the three remaining members - singer Robert Plant, guitarist Jimmy Page and bassist John Paul Jones - for the forthcoming concert. It is being held in tribute to music mogul Ahmet Ertegun, who co-founded Atlantic Records and signed Led Zeppelin in 1968. He died in 2006 after a fall at a Rolling Stones concert. Other acts lined up for the show include Pete Townshend, Bill Wyman And The Rhythm Kings, Paolo Nutini and Foreigner.

Letter

The idea for the tribute show came from his widow, according to Goldsmith, who then set about persuading Led Zeppelin to headline. "I wrote to everybody and in particular to Robert and Jimmy and John Paul, and said: 'Look this is an opportunity for you to come together and really pay homage to your mentor and mine, and would you do it?' "Much to my amazement they came back and said yes," he said. According to the NME, Goldsmith said the band "have no plans to tour but hopes they will". Profits from the concert will go towards scholarships in Ertegun's name in UK, the USA and Turkey, the country of his birth.

from bbc

The surviving band members have not played together for 19 years. An estimated 20 million people rushed to register for tickets to see Led Zeppelin as soon as the band announced their reunion, promoters have said. The remaining members of the legendary rock group will play a one-off show at the 20,000-capacity O2 arena in London on 26 November, they said on Wednesday.

20 million... What does that mean, like 0,001 percents chance to get tickets..? And I haven't even managed to register yet!!! :scared:

from bbc

The surviving band members have not played together for 19 years. An estimated 20 million people rushed to register for tickets to see Led Zeppelin as soon as the band announced their reunion, promoters have said. The remaining members of the legendary rock group will play a one-off show at the 20,000-capacity O2 arena in London on 26 November, they said on Wednesday.

20 million... What does that mean, like 0,001 percents chance to get tickets..? And I haven't even managed to register yet!!! :scared:

:mellow: or me.. ive been trying most of today

from bbc

I have at last :D now I can only cross my fingers and wait...and HOPE!!!!

Edited by Golden Years Of RockN'Roll

from bbc

Seriously!?

Is the site still working for you?

from bbc

Seriously!?

Is the site still working for you?

Eeh...It seems like it just was a coincidence that it worked...I've tried a hundred times, and then suddenly it said: Your entry has been made into our ballot, thank you. I just stared at it surprised. You'll have to try over and over again, I think there are so many people trying at the same time that the site almost crashes down... :rolleyes: Good luck

What am I going to do if I don't get tickets?? :cry::cry::cry: Have to face the facts, I won't.

(Oh yes I will!!! :D )

20 million other people have that same mentality...

I know, and thats why I'll be sitting here biting my nails unable to sleep until the 1th october... :lol:

Guest RonMexico82

I just registered. Maybe the Gods of Rock will sorry for all the bullshit that we have had to put up with waiting for Chinese Democracy and we will all miraculously get tickets.

What am I going to do if I don't get tickets?? :cry::cry::cry: Have to face the facts, I won't.

I know, and thats why I'll be sitting here biting my nails unable to sleep until the 1th october... :lol:

definitely, i started telling people all about it all morning

definitely, i started telling people all about it all morning

I haven't talked about anything else...soon someone's gonna tell me to change subject :rolleyes:

My God, it truly is like winning the lottery. Even for a fucking nosebleed.

Kinda funny in a way, though. I saw Robert Plant front row a year or two ago, no problem. It was just a House of Blues show (which is really small) and wasn't even sold out.

Add Jimmy Page and the planets align.

Edited by DirtyDeeds