Led Zeppelin to announce concert!!!!!

Facekicker

Guest RonMexico82

LONDON, England (CNN) -- Rock legends Led Zeppelin are to reform for the first time in 19 years for a one-off concert in London, the band is expected to announce.

Robert Plant playing in London, 2006, with his band the Strange Sensation.

Singer Robert Plant, 59, last week hinted that the band were reforming when a fan asked him about the possibility of a performance.

He replied: "How did you know about that?", the Press Associated reported.

The three surviving original band members - Robert Plant, Jimmy Page and John Paul Jones are said to be planning a concert at the O2 Arena in November, organized by promoter Harvey Goldsmith.

It would coincide with a new "Best Of Led Zeppelin" CD due to be released that month.

It is believed a tour could follow if the concert is successful.

The band broke up in 1980 when drummer John Bonham died after a drinking binge.

His son, Jason, is expected to join the band on stage.

The band have played several times since they split, including at Live Aid in 1985.

Led Zeppelin have sold around 200 million albums, including more than 100 million in the US.

It is reported that money raised from ticket sales will go to a charity formed following the death of Ahmet Ertegun, who founded Atlantic Records

courtesy of cnn.com rock3

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love all things Zep. Probably my all time fav. But I am not thrilled about this. When Page/Plant toured in 95/96 I saw them twice here in Chicago. The first time was with that huge band from the Unledded set. The second time was just a stripped down band with only a few musicians compared to the first show. Both shows were amazing but the second with the smaller band was even twice as amazing. I will never forget the brilliant 20 minute Whole Lotta Love they played that night. Page was simply on fire and Plant sounded like it was 1974 ! That is how I want to remember them and I don't think they can top that show in any way shape or form today. I also always admired and respected Plant for never wanting to use the name Led Zep without his old mate Jon Bonham. Say what you will but it is just not Zep without John Bonham IMHO

Guest RonMexico82

Tickets are only available by ballot, limited to 2 per household. You have to sign up at www.ahmettribute.com and even then tickets are not guaranteed. By the way they cost £125 which is about $250.

Pete Townshend, Foreigner and Paolo Nutini are also performing.

the band have been rehearsing for the past week with Jason Bonham in place of his old man.

of course ill try and get tickets.. but if i do, im really not sure if i'll sell them for a massive profit or go :unsure:

You'd be an asshole if you sold them.

Hell, you'd be an asshole either way since I don't have the tickets! :lol:

I know! :lol:

but fuck.. i LOVE zeppelin.. but im just not sure if i like them £2000 worth

of course ill try and get tickets.. but if i do, im really not sure if i'll sell them for a massive profit or go :unsure:

You'd be an asshole if you sold them.

Hell, you'd be an asshole either way since I don't have the tickets! :lol:

I know! :lol:

but fuck.. i LOVE zeppelin.. but im just not sure if i like them £2000 worth

You deserve a slap for that.

i'm hoping for a tour, its kind of stupid and unfair only having a one off show in london.

i'll still try and go

It's what they do. One-off reunion shows every few years or so.

they did it in 85 at Live Aid, and in 88 at the Atlantic Anniversary show.

they also played at Jason Bonham's wedding in 1990 I think, but that was of course a private thing.

And they did the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame in 1995.

But never have they stayed together long enough to plan a tour or even write anything new...

i'm hoping for a tour, its kind of stupid and unfair only having a one off show in london.

i'll still try and go

It's what they do. One-off reunion shows every few years or so.

they did it in 85 at Live Aid, and in 88 at the Atlantic Anniversary show.

they also played at Jason Bonham's wedding in 1990 I think, but that was of course a private thing.

And they did the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame in 1995.

But never have they stayed together long enough to plan a tour or even write anything new...

Yeah, but this is an actual gig. Not just a 3 or 4 song thing.

My concern is Plant's voice. The guy tries, but he can't hit the notes he could back in 73. But if he can do a good job, then I'd love a tour.

Oh who am I kidding? I'd go to the gig even if Plant gargled instead of singing.

Don't worry about Plant's voice. It's fantastic. I saw him live recently. No, don't expect them to play the Immigrant Song and for him to do the "AhhhhhahhhhAHHHHHHH" thing like at the beginning of that song. He can't do that. But everything else he does great. Need an example? Check out "Darkness, Darkness." His singing gives me goosebumps.