Nickelback

krissirge

now here's a band I'm loving more and more everyday.

On their previous 2 albums,there we're moments of brilliance(Never Again,How You Remind Me,Figured You Out),but too much filler,but All The Rights Reasons has got to be possibly the best rock album on this decade,having a mix of great rockers(Animals,Follow You Home,Side Of A Bullet) ballads(Savin' Me,If Everyone Cared) and who can forget the just plain fun Rockstar.Can't wait for the next album.

Favorite songs:

Never Again

How You Remind Me

Too Bad

Someday

Feeling Way Too Damn Good

Figured You Out

See You At The Show

Follow You Home

Fight For All The Wrong Reasons

Animals

Photograph

Side Of A Bullet

If Everyone Cared

Rockstar

Savin' Me

Edited by krissirge

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On their previous 2 albums,there we're moments of brilliance(Never Again,How You Remind Me,Figured You Out),but too much filler,but All The Rights Reasons has got to be possibly the best rock album on this decade,having a mix of great rockers(Animals,Follow You Home,Side Of A Bullet) ballads(Savin' Me,If Everyone Cared) and who can forget the just plain fun Rockstar.

Assuming you're not taking the piss (which I always suspect when you talk about music), I suggest you punch yourself repeatedly in the head. For your own good, honest.

Edited by Angelica

On their previous 2 albums,there we're moments of brilliance(Never Again,How You Remind Me,Figured You Out),but too much filler,but All The Rights Reasons has got to be possibly the best rock album on this decade,having a mix of great rockers(Animals,Follow You Home,Side Of A Bullet) ballads(Savin' Me,If Everyone Cared) and who can forget the just plain fun Rockstar.

Assuming you're not taking the piss (which I always suspect when you talk about music), I suggest you punch yourself repeatedly in the head. For your own good, honest.

Couldn't have put it better myself.

Probably the worst mainstream rock band on the planet today. They're stunningly awful in every sense of the word.

Every single lyric that comes out of Kroger's mouth has to sound painful, like he's constantly pushing brown. He's boring, monotonous, and his band is shit.

I agree. A long with bands like 3 Doors Down, Staind, Hinder, Puddle of Mudd, Creed etc, they represent the worst in music today. It's really beyond me how people can love their music.

Probably the worst mainstream rock band on the planet today. They're stunningly awful in every sense of the word.

Every single lyric that comes out of Kroger's mouth has to sound painful, like he's constantly pushing brown. He's boring, monotonous, and his band is shit.

Couldn't have put it better myself ;)

I agree. A long with bands like 3 Doors Down, Staind, Hinder, Puddle of Mudd, Creed etc, they represent the worst in music today. It's really beyond me how people can love their music.

= Alternative Rock

= Alternative Rock

What the fuck makes it alternative?

= Alternative Rock

It's a music genre. Use google please.

= Alternative Rock

I wouldn't call them alternative. They're playing very generic mainstream stuff. Post-grunge, whatever you call it.

Look up the word 'alternative'.

Unfortunately it is those bands she just listed that define what rock is supposed to sound like today. Anything deviating from that formula is considered irrelevant. I was actually quite surprised when Buckcherry was able to get back on the map with "crazy bitch", it's a traditional rock sound that doesnt really fit in with the bulk of what is considered today's "music". Too bad they're only substandard and can't capture the magic that the bands that inspired them had.

Nickleback is a travesty to music, what's even worse is that they're the top selling rock act in the world if I'm not mistaken. Kroger is able to get away with so much lousy music that I honestly don't know if the kids rocking out are listening to his stupid lyrics or if they even care. Right now they define mainstream rock and it's downward spiral after taking a back seat to hip hop and gangsta rap. Just like Axl said at the end of SCOM i'm left asking "where do we go now?"...

Edited by appetite4illusions

= Alternative Rock

Yeah, or he could use Wikipedia, like you do all the time. :rolleyes:

= Alternative Rock

Yeah, or he could use Wikipedia, like you do all the time. :rolleyes:

:rofl-lol::rofl-lol:

Wikipedia - Man's most reliable resource.

= Alternative Rock

You didn't answer my question fuckhead.

What makes Nickelback alternative? Last time I checked, MTV was playing their videos pretty often, and radio stations were happy to play their songs. I think that makes them mainstream instead of alternative, no?

nickelback are what they are

There the alterntaive equivalent of Hair metal , there 100% mainstream and are expreiencing the high life wich causes them to make mroe mainstream to keep them where they are , they make fun tunes that teenagers can move to , can really get into , obviously not progressive as there an easy listening band .

they have some talent , no doubt there not bad at all , there not progressive as other bands , but u shpouldnt compare

everyone does his own thing

side of a bullet

photograph

animals

and if everybody cared, are pretty impressive especially the last

Edited by james younger

They make a certain kind of music that is very formulaic. It relies on an element of instant catchiness that appeals to the most primitive musical senses and this is how they sell records. Most music listeners are casual listeners and this quality of material is what resonates with their simplistic tastes.

To be honest, I don't mind listening to them on the radio, but I don't take them seriously and could never imagine myself going out of my way to purchase their CDs. I like them better than Linkin Park and emo bands, though.

Edited by bluesy