Van Halen's guitar tech sucks, and DLR should join a college Marching Band

Budweiser

Guns N' Roses sucks, video evidence.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=STc30hsUCoY

Guns N' Roses don't suck and neither do Van Halen. You see, everyone has bad performances, there are hundreds of other performances of Jump and there are hundreds of other performances of Welcome To The Jungle. You can't just judge off of one performance and say they suck.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=STc30hsUCoY" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=STc30hsUCoY</a>

Guns N' Roses don't suck and neither do Van Halen. You see, everyone has bad performances, there are hundreds of other performances of Jump and there are hundreds of other performances of Welcome To The Jungle. You can't just judge off of one performance and say they suck.

You're right - cause when all goes bad, you can jsut get David Lee Roth to spin a big metal stick likes he's a 19 year old college girl. THAT'S entertainment.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=STc30hsUCoY" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=STc30hsUCoY</a>

I actually like that performance -_-

its true, i know someone who went to the toronto concert. he went with his dad, and his dad is a hardcore fan, and he was very dissapointed. said the first few some were good, but after that DLR couldnt sing anymore

While they're a long way from my favourite band in the world, they don't suck - that was a one off performance where Eddie's guitar was out of tune (no, it wasn't the keyboard to everyone who keeps saying it was).

I really hope the announce an Australian tour soon. I've never been a huge fan of their stuff (outside their hits), but i'll definately be there for the live show.

Yeah, the song wasn't sped up at all?

Eddie's guitar was clearly out of tune is all.

It's still a fuckup, but how people think the song was sped up I have no idea.

And his playing was spot on.

The backup electronics were fine.

His guitar was out of tune.

Shit happens.

its true, i know someone who went to the toronto concert. he went with his dad, and his dad is a hardcore fan, and he was very dissapointed. said the first few some were good, but after that DLR couldnt sing anymore

I was at the Detroit show and he sang great the whole night.

You're right - cause when all goes bad, you can jsut get David Lee Roth to spin a big metal stick likes he's a 19 year old college girl. THAT'S entertainment.

You're damn right it is!

This emo saturated generation can't help having a warped perspective of music/entertainment. Sad really :no:

Hasn't this video been posted like three times already to prove VH sucks? It's getting old.

Edited by AxlsAngel

I was at the Detroit show and he sang great the whole night.

You're damn right it is!

This emo saturated generation can't help having a warped perspective of music/entertainment. Sad really :no:

Hasn't this video been posted like three times already to prove VH sucks? It's getting old.

Yeah and to be honest, it doesn't prove anything, the only thing that's wrong is Eddie's guitar tuning and it's not THAT bad.

So basically what we have established is that what the title of the thread should be is, "Van Halen's guitar tech sucks."

And I happen to know for a fact that David Lee Roth's singing has held up just fine all tour, every show. In fact, his singing has really never been this good on the road. At least not since the VH II tour and earlier.

Allow me to bitch further.

This routine of Dave's is nothing new. I believe it was featured in his "Just Like Paradise" video and has been a regular part of his shtick since AT LEAST then, possibly earlier. I personally haven't seen it earlier than that, but I would not be at all surprised if he did it before that point.

Allow me to bitch further.

This routine of Dave's is nothing new. I believe it was featured in his "Just Like Paradise" video and has been a regular part of his shtick since AT LEAST then, possibly earlier. I personally haven't seen it earlier than that, but I would not be at all surprised if he did it before that point.

Yea, I know. I still think it's lame tho.

AxlsAngel - I'm glad someone could see the humor in the title.

To be fair, Ed's longtime guitar tech quit a month before the tour. Apparently Ed isn't the easiest person to work with, drunk or sober.

But I can't believe how many people are bitching about this one fuck up. I doubt anyone noticed at the show.

wow a Guns N' Roses fan saying Van Halen sucks, that's funny.

but, your opinion doesn't count and you suck, that's funny. :)

I reported your post

wow a Guns N' Roses fan saying Van Halen sucks, that's funny.

I think Van Halen suck but I genuinely dislike their music :unsure:

But we are talking about a Hard Rock band :o