Pantera

Death Star

They were a shit band who ripped off another shit band. Only fucktards and rednecks like Pantera

ah, you obviously dont like metal ^_^

I fuckin love pantera n wouldnt really call them overated at all. and ripping off other bands, dude they had there own sound. influence is one thing but ripping off another band (fuckin tallica!?) is another.

anyway rednecks fuckin rule you jeb

throes of rejection kicks ass oh and art of shredding :wub: i could go on but theyre my favourites, n the fuckin solo's live are awesome, you just wanna crack someone in the face :rofl-lol:

as far as thrash goes pantera are top :kiss:

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pantera is metal as far as I am concerned. I mean I like other metal bands, but Pantera are what it's all about. They didn't rip anyone off, and I don't give a fuck what anyone says. Totally original band. The rythym section was ass stomping. Darrells lead were fucking out of this world, and not the average guitar wankery that people like to talk about on this board. And Phil just killed the vocals.

The Kings of Metal.

Pantera is metal as far as I am concerned. I mean I like other metal bands, but Pantera are what it's all about. They didn't rip anyone off, and I don't give a fuck what anyone says. Totally original band. The rythym section was ass stomping. Darrells lead were fucking out of this world, and not the average guitar wankery that people like to talk about on this board. And Phil just killed the vocals.

The Kings of Metal.

Word.

Pantera were the real deal man. They were so fucking powerful. Slaughtered is my favourite song, that kicks ass.

Im a massive fan of Rex's bass playing. He is a jazz player playing metal, pretty cool. He has some awesome basslines under Dime's solos.

I got so drunk and stoned the other week watching the vulgar videos, they own.

duff21

The Kings of Metal.

Word.

Pantera were the real deal man. They were so fucking powerful. Slaughtered is my favourite song, that kicks ass.

Im a massive fan of Rex's bass playing. He is a jazz player playing metal, pretty cool. He has some awesome basslines under Dime's solos.

duff21

That dvd is fucking insane. I watch it all the time :rofl-lol: 3 Vulgar Videos From Hell

Threeeeeeeeeee! :rofl-lol:

Slaughtered is insane dude, gotta love the brutality that song brings.

The Kings of Metal.

Word.

duff21

That dvd is fucking insane. I watch it all the time :rofl-lol: 3 Vulgar Videos From Hell

Threeeeeeeeeee! :rofl-lol:

Slaughtered is insane dude, gotta love the brutality that song brings.

Man the random shit they do is fucking hilarious..

Phil: "Shheeeee tripped over my penis"

I was watching Pantera live at Donnington 94 today. Slaughtered is fucking killer.

duff21

Pantera sucks. Groove metal sucks. It's watered down children's music. End of.

Better to be a hooray for tolerance!y bitter old man with taste (that wasn't shoved down my throat by MTV or Metal Edge) than snot nosed emo, oops I mean angsty :rolleyes: teenager whose music only goes crunch crunch solo crunch crunch. Metal is a crack whore and you are all happy Johns.

This is why your idol, Axl, isn't going to come back. He said why way back in 1992. Have a listen and let it sink in.

Oh yeah, all rednecks should commit seppuku

Better to be a hooray for tolerance!y bitter old man with taste (that wasn't shoved down my throat by MTV or Metal Edge) than snot nosed emo, oops I mean angsty :rolleyes: teenager whose music only goes crunch crunch solo crunch crunch. Metal is a crack whore and you are all happy Johns.

This is why your idol, Axl, isn't going to come back. He said why way back in 1992. Have a listen and let it sink in.

Choke on a horse cock.

And Groove Metal is great. Now if you could make a decent explanation as to why you think it sucks.

You really are sure good at making yourself look like a TWAT.

I don't see how stuff like Hendrix or The Stooges was shoved down my throat by MTV.

Choke on a horse cock.

And with your simpleton response you know I'm right. To be honest I used to like metal but I was a teenager then. When you look at it from a older perspective you know it's just really forced. I don't see or hear anything menancing, just pure redneck noise and if I wanted to hear noise I'd put on Merzbow. I heard openings from shit anime shows that "rock harder" than most metal bands using just electronic equipment.

Just continue to use your illusions mulletheads © Funeral

Bye

Choke on a horse cock.

And with your simpleton response you know I'm right. To be honest I used to like metal but I was a teenager then. When you look at it from a older perspective you know it's just really forced. I don't see or hear anything menancing, just pure redneck noise and if I wanted to hear noise I'd put on Merzbow. I heard openings from shit anime shows that "rock harder" than most metal bands using just electronic equipment.

Bye

So you hate metal?

Choke on a horse cock.

Bye

So you hate metal?

Not all of it, just the forumalic shit like Pantera. The rock music I grew up with was Bad Brains, Minor Threat, Black Flag, Flipper,etc. The only metal bands I really like and still have their CD's is Cathedral, Saint Vitus, The Obsessed (Dimeball is 1/4 of the guitarist that Wino is) Put in a one tone downtuned guitar, a one note/ one tone bass, a double bass drum that sits in behind the bass and guitar and a guy who sounds like he has constipation and you have groove metal in a nutshell. That's why I hate it. It's like nu-metal, without the rapping.

I think it sucks that people would rather go the commercial route than supporting their own local music scene. The amount of stuff you can find, whether it's hip hop, hardcore punk, harsh noise, electro, metal, garage rock, whatever, on the underground is astounding. Nobody wants to dig for it because they want to be passive consumers and not look at the big picture.

Pantera went from a glam rock band to a metal band so they could sell records. And people are gonna honestly tell me that that's not being a fucking poser and that is not a carefully planned and marketed image to sell albums. Look around this site for crying out loud. They are people who think they are marketing geniuses and talking about getting "the upcomming Guns N Roses album" into Billboard. Fucking numbers man, not music, it's the numbers that count. Music has been pimped enough by suits who, so far, have seemed to be correct in determining the general public's tastes. They tell you what to buy and you do so in droves. It's everything in music I cannot stand and do not want to be a part of.

You can call me a cocksucker or a hooray for tolerance! for not liking "your metal bands" but when you act like a hump redneck, I'm gonna call you a fucking hump redneck. All I did was give a short opinion on what I thought about Pantera, in a semmingly neutral thread, and I got shit for it. Next time name it a fan thread and I'll keep out. These people act like because Dimebag is dead that I dare not say anything bad about him. He might have been the coolest motherfucker in the world to his fans but I still think they suck.

Choke on a horse cock.

Bye

So you hate metal?

Not all of it, just the forumalic shit like Pantera. The rock music I grew up with was Bad Brains, Minor Threat, Black Flag, Flipper,etc. The only metal bands I really like and still have their CD's is Cathedral, Saint Vitus, The Obsessed (Dimeball is 1/4 of the guitarist that Wino is) Put in a one tone downtuned guitar, a one note/ one tone bass, a double bass drum that sits in behind the bass and guitar and a guy who sounds like he has constipation and you have groove metal in a nutshell. That's why I hate it. It's like nu-metal, without the rapping.

I think it sucks that people would rather go the commercial route than supporting their own local music scene. The amount of stuff you can find, whether it's hip hop, hardcore punk, harsh noise, electro, metal, garage rock, whatever, on the underground is astounding. Nobody wants to dig for it because they want to be passive consumers and not look at the big picture.

Pantera went from a glam rock band to a metal band so they could sell records. And people are gonna honestly tell me that that's not being a fucking poser and that is not a carefully planned and marketed image to sell albums. Look around this site for crying out loud. They are people who think they are marketing geniuses and talking about getting "the upcomming Guns N Roses album" into Billboard. Fucking numbers man, not music, it's the numbers that count. Music has been pimped enough by suits who, so far, have seemed to be correct in determining the general public's tastes. They tell you what to buy and you do so in droves. It's everything in music I cannot stand and do not want to be a part of.

You can call me a cocksucker or a hooray for tolerance! for not liking "your metal bands" but when you act like a hump redneck, I'm gonna call you a fucking hump redneck. All I did was give a short opinion on what I thought about Pantera, in a semmingly neutral thread, and I got shit for it. Next time name it a fan thread and I'll keep out. These people act like because Dimebag is dead that I dare not say anything bad about him. He might have been the coolest motherfucker in the world to his fans but I still think they suck.

ok, but i still dont see how liking metal bands, such as Pantera, makes us rednecks.. that just doesnt make sence to me at all..

Pantera, had the glam image. That's how you got noticed in the 80's. Gn'r had the glam image but they weren't a glam band...

So becuase Pantera, was commercially successful that makes them bad?

You're once again assuming people who listen to stuff that people are aware that they don't listen to underground stuff. Fuck I listen to Death, Le Tigre, Angelfish, Garbage, and not a lot of people know about it. Doesn't mean I should stop myself from listening to Pantera and Led Zeppelin becuase they are well known.

Yes, the #'s of sales do mean a lot of a album was commercially successful that something no one can deny. But that doesn't mean if the record is good or bad. a NYSNC album could've sold more than a Misfits album that doesn't mean that The Misfits album isn't as good as the NYSNC album due to it's sales.

I whole heartily agree with you about people telling you about what to do especially with music. It reminds me of a Denis Leary quote from No Cure For Cancer

"I hate these band's that get a hit video on MTV and think they can tell you how you can feel n shit. Like R.E.M."

I hate people like you who think you're cool for listening to shit 3 fucking people have heard of and praise it as it's the 2nd coming of Christ. I like a lot of stuff genres from Rap, Punk, to Metal. It's just impossible to assosicate yourself sometimes with the fans of these genres.

Metal for example "YA METALLICA ROCKS EVERYTHING ELSE SUCKS"

If a "redneck" calls you a cocksucker or tells you to suck cock. Why stoop to their level. Since you feel that your superior to them you're not better than feeding their fire. I don't have a problem with you saying something against Dime's playing ability if you give reason's which I have yet to see you do. But keep the personal shit to yourself. I doubt you'd like if one of us "Rednecks" were to say something offensive about John Lennon and you would.

-If you don't like Pantera that's fine with me just give reason's why

-Same with Dime as a guitar player

-But don't say personal shit about a great guitar who we lost tragically.

Oh, and I hope you actually respond to this post unlike you ignoring my previous one.

Choke on a horse cock.

Bye

So you hate metal?

And yet, your posting on a Guns N' Roses forum. Bands like these did the glam thing to get noticed and play gigs. Once they were getting the gigs, they dropped that shit.

As for being told what to buy, that's funny considering I only buy things I like. And if I didn't I would own every rap album that has come out this year, I'd own every emo album, and yet, I don't. My record collection hardly grown, because I can't finad anything I like.

Pantera, had the glam image. That's how you got noticed in the 80's. Gn'r had the glam image but they weren't a glam band...

So becuase Pantera, was commercially successful that makes them bad?

You're once again assuming people who listen to stuff that people are aware that they don't listen to underground stuff. Fuck I listen to Death, Le Tigre, Angelfish, Garbage, and not a lot of people know about it. Doesn't mean I should stop myself from listening to Pantera and Led Zeppelin becuase they are well known.

Yes, the #'s of sales do mean a lot of a album was commercially successful that something no one can deny. But that doesn't mean if the record is good or bad. a NYSNC album could've sold more than a Misfits album that doesn't mean that The Misfits album isn't as good as the NYSNC album due to it's sales.

I whole heartily agree with you about people telling you about what to do especially with music. It reminds me of a Denis Leary quote from No Cure For Cancer

"I hate these band's that get a hit video on MTV and think they can tell you how you can feel n shit. Like R.E.M."

I hate people like you who think you're cool for listening to shit 3 fucking people have heard of and praise it as it's the 2nd coming of Christ. I like a lot of stuff genres from Rap, Punk, to Metal. It's just impossible to assosicate yourself sometimes with the fans of these genres.

Metal for example "YA METALLICA ROCKS EVERYTHING ELSE SUCKS"

If a "redneck" calls you a cocksucker or tells you to suck cock. Why stoop to their level. Since you feel that your superior to them you're not better than feeding their fire. I don't have a problem with you saying something against Dime's playing ability if you give reason's which I have yet to see you do. But keep the personal shit to yourself. I doubt you'd like if one of us "Rednecks" were to say something offensive about John Lennon and you would.

-If you don't like Pantera that's fine with me just give reason's why

-Same with Dime as a guitar player

-But don't say personal shit about a great guitar who we lost tragically.

Oh, and I hope you actually respond to this post unlike you ignoring my previous one.

I already said why I think his guitar playing sucks and why I think groove metal sucks in my last post. If somebody wants to say something bad about Lennon, be my guest. He's dead and neither one of us could give a fuck less. If somebody wants to bad mouth Ian from Minor Threat, go ahead. He wouldn't care, I wouldn't care. I just say "OK, next." and not "oh ur just stoopid, you don't get wut sXe is about, ur just a cocksucker." Maybe it was a major faux paus to say all of Pantera's fans are hump rednecks but whatever, the medicine is in the bloodstream now. I've been lurking here for a long time and just trying to get a bead on what everyone likes and it's the same old shit and the same bands and the same usual suspects getting praise. Honestly I don't see what I'm missing by being here. I like GNR and when Appetite first came out I didn't even know what they looked like and didn't until the Illusion records came out. Hell I didn't even know they were still together until I saw that lulz inducing performance at that MTV awards show in 2002.

You cannot relate to fans like me just I cannot relate to your typical meatheaded metal fan. I like my bands but I'm not a raging fanboy of them either so no I don't think they are the next comming of Christ. Axl as that angle pegged down. And because they are commercially accepted isn't my point to begin with. Nothing wrong with being the best but to sacrifice integrity in the name of money and recognition, than fuck you and the horse you and your fans rode in on. It's the people who think X number of albums sold equals greatness, which we agree on. I just don't like bands who think they HAVE to have an image in order to be successful or get gigs. I'd rather watch 4 guys in plain clothes just bash away than a band who has to have a gimmick. Fuck having an "image" period. I'd rather watch a noise band play in a laundrymat with close friends and actually get to see the band than be in a stadium with drunk retards, wannabe badasses, and potential date rapists who I don't know (and don't want to know) and see a band that looks like a bunch of ants from the wonderful balcony view.

I really don't know what else to say so I'll just stop.

There's a difference between saying something you dislike about that person in a music level. But there's no need to say shit on a personal level about some such as Dime or Lennon when all they did and wanted to do was play music.

Yes, that's the forum. But there's several user's who have a variety in taste. I listen to some stuff from Punk, Metal, Hip-Hop etc. Just like if said if you try hard enough you will find good music you just need to search for it. Yes, there are several user's here who praise the same band's whether or not their a true fan of that band or not.

I understand what you're saying in relation to the fans. Other than the fact that I like Grove Metal and you don't I think we have similar taste in music. Since I remember how I posted artists like Hendrix and Bowie and you said they were ace which they are.

I see what you're saying about Pantera having the early Glam Metal image. But at the same time despite you being against them having their image it was smart on a business sense. I completely agree with you I'd see people play in just their underwear as long as the music's is good that's what matters. A image does help a band regardless of whether the music is good or not. Since people get a sense of direction of the music that they might be getting from them let's say if they saw Opeth on a Rolling Stone magazine.

You don't need to say more I've said how I feel and you've explained your self as to what you believe.

Dimeball is 1/4 of the guitarist that Wino is

So you're a guitarist now? Dime was and still is ahead of his time. He played notes that simply shouldn't sound good together and turned them into some of the best guitar solos of our time. You go on and on about how much Pantera sucks because they're commercially successful. Perhaps if one of your indie metal bands were actually any fucking good, people might listen to them and buy their albums.

At the end of the day, Cowboys From Hell will pack a dance floor. Concrete Cancer will clear it. You're just trying to pass off your shit taste in music as being elitist.

Note: No disrespect to Wino who IS an exceptional guitarist. But that quote just wasn't warranted.

Choke on a horse cock.

Bye

So you hate metal?

And yet, your posting on a Guns N' Roses forum. Bands like these did the glam thing to get noticed and play gigs. Once they were getting the gigs, they dropped that shit.

As for being told what to buy, that's funny considering I only buy things I like. And if I didn't I would own every rap album that has come out this year, I'd own every emo album, and yet, I don't. My record collection hardly grown, because I can't finad anything I like.

dont believe a word this man says, me and him sold crack just to make money to go to the soul train awards :lol: tell em the truth bro, you'll feel better for it :xmasssanta: we're also members of a rap duo called Ebony & Ivory.

Edited by ffrankwhite

Choke on a horse cock.

Bye

So you hate metal?

dont believe a word this man says, me and him sold crack just to make money to go to the soul train awards :lol: tell em the truth bro, you'll feel better for it :xmasssanta: we're also members of a rap duo called Ebony & Ivory.

I think I must have smoked some of that crack before selling any :rofl-lol:

Anyone enjoy Pantera? I was just listening to their song "The Great Southern Trendkill" amd Goddamn that song kicks ass! Makes me want to destroy shit. rock3

:xmasssanta: latelly i have become a huge fan of Pantera....im more in a heavy phase i supose.

Cowboys from hell , cemetery gates ....those songs for example cant stop listening

what do guys think of the song hollow? i love it. the melodic solo sort of riff, the lyrics, anselmos soft singing, and then the surprising headbanging riff at the end. great way to end a great album

Hollow is fucking great man. Love that tune. A soft tune, with a great solo as you stated, and that crushing ending. Totally dig the Domination/Hollow jam they did live.

what do guys think of the song hollow? i love it. the melodic solo sort of riff, the lyrics, anselmos soft singing, and then the surprising headbanging riff at the end. great way to end a great album

Hollow is fucking great man. Love that tune. A soft tune, with a great solo as you stated, and that crushing ending. Totally dig the Domination/Hollow jam they did live.

Yeah man, I heard that today, simply blew my fucking mind.

duff21