Your Favourite Musician?

JAC185

John Lennon

He seduced me into rock and roll..(back when the Beatles were still a band!)

Song writer extraordinaire.

For me,his singing on Twist and Shout is rock and roll vocals personified....just perfect!

I miss him terribly.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alice Cooper.

I grew up on his music since I was about 5, 32 years ago. I just think he is amazing, amazing music, and an amazing radio host. What I love about his Nights With Alice Cooper is he plays so much stuff you dont normally hear on the radio.

Alice is a close second for me!

VERY close!

Matt Sorum.

The hair, the 'tood, the drum solos!

Sorum sings Patience!

I can see Sorum going solo sort of like Dave Grohl.

After the Road Crew Reunion, Sorum will have nowhere to ply his trade so the logical step for him would be to go solo with him fronting a Cult meets VR type of band.

Drum Up Some Chicks - Matt Sorum and The Soft Perms

Edited by wasted

i could never answer that..

Yeah, being so into GN'R the first instinct I have is Axl, Slash, or Izzy, but there are so many other great songs out there that I also enjoy listening to. GN'R fills a certain void, other bands fill other voids. It's a big world and I don't always feel like listening to the same artist.

I'd say dave grouhl or bit corgan I'd Axl, kid rock and slash. Its to hard to answer.

It looks that way! :lol:

John Lennon

He seduced me into rock and roll..(back when the Beatles were still a band!)

Song writer extraordinaire.

For me,his singing on Twist and Shout is rock and roll vocals personified....just perfect!

I miss him terribly.

i've always loved that vocal. apparently (im sure you know this) they recorded please please me all in one day and by the end of the day putting the vocals down for T&S his voice was fucking shot but he belted it out anyway. by his own admission he was like 'shouting' the song...but it comes off fucking blistering doesnt it? :):) impassioned...i've always believed that how you say it 95% of the time in music is more important than what you're saying.

on topic: a serious answer to this question to me is un-give-able. fuckin OK, i love jimi hendrix, i think he is an absolute genius but...i cant...put him above John Lennon, i cant call him my favorite and do a disservice to John Lennon just as i cant call Lennon the favorite and do a disservice to John Rotten or Muddy Waters or fuckin Keith Moon or...i dunno, its an impossible question.

man, music misses John Lennon :(

Edited by ffrankwhite

just as i cant call Lennon the favorite and do a disservice to John Rotten

favourite musician?...oh I can put Lennon miles above Rotten without hesitation

just out of interest did you ever hear his solo album? :) (tangent)

Axl Rose.

I even got a tatto of his name across my chest.

Wow, that's impressive. Do you want to show it? There a GNR related Tattoo-picture thread in Use your illusions.

That's straight outta Stan by Eminem.