I walked out of the Foo Fighters show tonight.

Carne_asaDA

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry, but I just could not get into it. Nice energy, crowd was pumped. But I guess I'm just not a FF guy. Serj was great. I wish is set was a little longer but I just was not digging it when Foo came on. So stayed for about half a dozen songs and bounced. Beat the traffic.

I actually had the same feeling during the last tour of Australia

The last concert in Melbourne was pretty average (Dave talked too much and played and sang very sloppy)

I have seen the band at the peak Foo's were smoking hot for the first few albums

Edited by ThinkAboutYou

Foo fighters , all there songs pracitcly sound the same , its boring , i cant stand hearing more than 3 foo songs a day.

i seriously dont understand the attraction , ever album has 2 hit singles then a pile of shit.

Why don't you try to listen to more than two songs before you judge their music and saying that "all sounds the same"

I like that they're one of these days greatest rockbands. I'm a huge fan of Dave Grohl, which btw is genuis, in what he did in Nirvana and what he has done with FF.

Dave is a multi-genuis, he's probably one of the greatest drummers ever, and he is an very talented songwriter, vocalist and guitarplayer.

And most important of all FF manages to write very good songs. That you're comparing them to Nickelback are just silly. They are on another level.

They can write everything from energic oldschool rock'n'roll, to beautiful masterpieces. Speaking of masterpieces, their last record was amazing.

FF are probably the best rock-band of today.

Thats a naive statement , Muse easily take them out from a "genious" stand , creatively muse has pushed the boundrys further , and there overall sound original , probably the best thing to have come out since AIC.

and where did U2 go huh?

Red hot chili peppers , have you heard stadium arcadium??

Airborune , new band , just heard there album and im really impressed , better than nearly anything i heard off FF

Edited by Assassin's Creed

I don't consider it a naive statement, but a realistic one. Yes, Muse are certainly one of those bands who are able to compete with Foo about that title. Matt Bellamy are one of my favorite vocalists, and what he does with his voice has nobody heard in rock music since Mr Mercury.

I don't consider U2 as a "band of today," and I've gotta admit that I don't like them. But that's another story.

When you say that Airbourne is better than FF I can't take you seriously. Find a band that can write their own music, and not copy anotherones'.

Then you can come back and discuss.

Edited by Raw Power

Obviously your taste is 60 70's classic rock?

If so ,im not surprised a band with the absic classic rock structure like FF are your favourite.

however my taste ranges alot of genres alot of diffrent sounds , so Ff to me is bland.

And airbourne arent plagarists , there music has an AC/DC touch , but you can still feel there own touch.

Edited by Assassin's Creed

My taste in music is wider than that.

And airbourne arent plagarists , there music has an AC/DC touch , but you can still feel there own touch.

They have more than a "touch" of AC/DC in their music. They have stole their riffs, sound, their songs in general.

The vocalist even try to sound like Brian.

But now we're leading into a Airbourne discussing, which eventually turns into a Airbourn vs. Wolfmother.

Edited by Raw Power

If so ,im not surprised a band with the absic classic rock structure like FF are your favourite.

however my taste ranges alot of genres alot of diffrent sounds , so Ff to me is bland.

AC, you've been on the same point with me this whole thread.

I hear ya dude, but me personally, I wouldn't have went to see them to begin with.

Foo Fighters are a band that I don't really care for......but I respect. Do you know what I mean?? And I've always heard about how good they are live and all. And yes, Dave Grohl is cool. The show started off pretty good but, like their music, it had the same feel for the rest of the show. But I did get to see Serj Tankian live. That was a bonus.