Megadeth thread

KoRn

Megadeth. Isn't that the band made by Dave (I couldn't cut it in Metallica because I was a fuck up drunk/drug addict) Mustaine? Sorry, I just can't stand him, and Megadeth hasn't ever done anything for me. To me it's just a rip off of Metallica, and not nearly as successful.

I love both and I can tell you now, Dave shits all over Hetfield as a guitarist. And success isn't always the best measure of talent, just look at the music industry today. Bands like McFly and Kaiser Chiefs are going big while great bands like QOTSA and Velvet Revolver aren't getting the attention they deserve.

Metallica and Megadeth both own though! rock3 rock3

Good point. I think my main issue is I just really can't get into Megadeth. Don't get me wrong, they're successful in their own right, and I believe Dave is a great guitarist, I'm not knocking that. Hetfield is not the lead guitarist in Metallica though, Kirk is, and he was the one who replaced Dave after he got kicked out. So I wouldn't expect Hetfield to be able to play on that level. That's Kirk's job. Ya know? I'm not knocking anyone that does like Megadeth, I'm just saying, I'm more of a Metallica man myself, even though their last album was shit. LOL

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Megadeth are insanely good. I saw them live last year, and they just tear it up. And yes, every Metallica album has something good on it. If you don't like either The Outlaw Torn or Fixxxer on the Load and Reload albums, then you fail.

My favourite Deth album would have to be So Far, So Good, So What...! Underrated songs like Hook in Mouth and Mary Jane are metal gems.

Megadeth. Isn't that the band made by Dave (I couldn't cut it in Metallica because I was a fuck up drunk/drug addict) Mustaine? Sorry, I just can't stand him, and Megadeth hasn't ever done anything for me. To me it's just a rip off of Metallica, and not nearly as successful.

I love both and I can tell you now, Dave shits all over Hetfield as a guitarist. And success isn't always the best measure of talent, just look at the music industry today. Bands like McFly and Kaiser Chiefs are going big while great bands like QOTSA and Velvet Revolver aren't getting the attention they deserve.

Metallica and Megadeth both own though! rock3 rock3

Good point. I think my main issue is I just really can't get into Megadeth. Don't get me wrong, they're successful in their own right, and I believe Dave is a great guitarist, I'm not knocking that. Hetfield is not the lead guitarist in Metallica though, Kirk is, and he was the one who replaced Dave after he got kicked out. So I wouldn't expect Hetfield to be able to play on that level. That's Kirk's job. Ya know? I'm not knocking anyone that does like Megadeth, I'm just saying, I'm more of a Metallica man myself, even though their last album was shit. LOL

Yeah I get where you're coming from. ;)

To me it's just a rip off of Metallica, and not nearly as successful.

Ah, but how many early Metallica songs have Mustaine in the writing credits? He was a big part in giving Metallica its sound to begin with. He just took his playing, and made it faster, heavier, meaner and made Megadeth. Then he threw it all away trying to get on the radio... :(

It's impossible to see Megadeth as some kind of ripoff. If you know anything about metal, you know that that is not the case. Mustaine wanted to create metal that was faster, meaner, and kicked Metallica's balls off. By the time Megadeth was being considered better than Metallica (aka Load era), Dave started putting out stuff like Risk and Cryptic Writings. Decent albums, but after Rust in Peace, Countdown to Extinction, and Youthanasia, they just seem flaky in comparison. Luckily, Dave has been born again (in more ways than one) and The System Has Failed and United Abominations have been the best one-two releases by Deth since Rust-Countdown. My opinion, obviously, but Megadeth have regained their strength through a shifting lineup, which is hard enough. Once again, Metallica is on the backburner at this point, and their new album, while highly anticipated, needs to be something special. Not even because of St. Anger, but because of the years in between and how long the fans have now waited.

Personally, I just have a good feeling about the new Metallica album. It's damn near impossible to be worse than St. Anger, so optimism is really all the fans can have once it is announced.

• 6 months later...

Yeah, Megadeth is pretty rad - They've had a bummer or two (Cryptic Writings and The World Needs a Hero are pretty boring records, IMO), but a lot of their songs scorch similar songs in Metallica's catalog.

My current 'Deth favorites:

Into the Lungs of Hell

Set the World Afire

Wake Up Dead

Breadline (yeah, it's their most obvious pop track.. but it works, damn it!)

Time: The Beginning / Time: The End

Kick the Chair

Tears in a Vial

I only have Rust in peace and Peace Sells. What else should I get? I really enjoy the guitar playing of Chris Poland and Marty Friedman. Has any guitarist theyve recruited since then been able to keep up?

Dave is an awesome guitar player. Megadeth is awesome!

Megadeth is phenomenal band. Every album has something good on it unlike metallica.

My favorite songs would be:

Holy Wars

Symphony of destruction

Hanger 18

Peace Sells

Mechanix

Train Of Consequinces

A Tont Le monde(both versions)

Sweating Bullets

99 Ways To Die

Kill The King

Trust

Angry Again

No More Mr.Nice Guy(Alice Cooper Cover)

Crush Em

Sleepwalker

In my darkest hour

This band is so addicting.

You say every megadeth album has something good on it....unlike metallica...AND have a user name of one of the worst bands to come out in the last 20 years?

So much for any credibility you thought you had.

Megadeth is phenomenal band. Every album has something good on it unlike metallica.

Holy Wars

Symphony of destruction

Hanger 18

Peace Sells

Mechanix

Train Of Consequinces

Sweating Bullets

99 Ways To Die

Kill The King

Trust

Angry Again

Crush Em

Sleepwalker

In my darkest hour

You say every megadeth album has something good on it....unlike metallica...AND have a user name of one of the worst bands to come out in the last 20 years?

You should just not post.

This Megadeth song is pretty badass too - starts off slow, and kicks ass after halfway through:

Holy Wars

Symphony of destruction

Hanger 18

Peace Sells

Mechanix

Train Of Consequinces

Sweating Bullets

99 Ways To Die

Kill The King

Trust

Angry Again

Crush Em

Sleepwalker

In my darkest hour

This Megadeth song is pretty badass too - starts off slow, and kicks ass after halfway through:

Why, because what I said was correct?

Don't post if all you're going to do is embarrass yourself like you just have.

Holy Wars

Symphony of destruction

Hanger 18

Peace Sells

Mechanix

Train Of Consequinces

Sweating Bullets

99 Ways To Die

Kill The King

Trust

Angry Again

Crush Em

Sleepwalker

In my darkest hour

You fail at wit.

KoRn may not be a band you like (or me), but it certainly doesn't mean they're one of the worst bands of the 20 years. And to discount someone's opinion based on that shitty logic - you're clearly an idiot.

Holy Wars

Symphony of destruction

Hanger 18

Peace Sells

Mechanix

Train Of Consequinces

Sweating Bullets

99 Ways To Die

Kill The King

Trust

Angry Again

Crush Em

Sleepwalker

In my darkest hour

You fail at wit.

KoRn may not be a band you like (or me), but it certainly doesn't mean they're one of the worst bands of the 20 years. And to discount someone's opinion based on that shitty logic - you're clearly an idiot.

You fail at reading. Where was anyone trying to be witty?

No, I said korn was one of the worst bands to come out in the last 20 years. Did I say that they were because I don't like them? No...in fact, nowhere did I even give a reason, so good job at making a fool of yourself...AGAIN...by just making embarrassing assumptions.

No, korn are one of the worst bands due to lack of actual talent. Their drummer is mediocre, their guitarists have been crap and their bassist is one of the worst to call themselves a professional in history. Hell the only reason anyone even knows his name is because of the god awful tone he has [or lackof tone, that is] Davis sounds like a monotonous donkeywith sandpaper stuck in it's throat.

Now, since you have made yourself look like an idiot [clearly] for a 2nd time, I eagerly await your 3rd attempt.

Saw them at Gigantour a year or two ago. They were amazing, got everyone in the mosh pit going. Then Dave smashed his guitar and stormed off, which was bullshit.

Was this one? he was so pissed off, 'cause the volume was so high that was affecting his ears. Great moment though :shades:

http://es.youtube.com/watch?v=nEHhtpnIAnE

It is :shocked:

See the crowd surfer just as he throws his guitar? That was some asian kid named Jeff wearing a Led Zep T-Shirt.