The Rolling Stones

Randy Lahey

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stones and Beatles equally for me...

I prefer Rock bands to pop bands.

The Beatles is probably the best band of all time.

How do you figure?

The Beatles were great for how long? Maybe five years at the most.

The greatest band of alltime is U2. They have been the "biggest band in the world" or at least a close second, for over 20 years.

Stones and Beatles equally for me...

I prefer Rock bands to pop bands.

The Beatles is probably the best band of all time.

How do you figure?

The Beatles were great for how long? Maybe five years at the most.

The greatest band of alltime is U2. They have been the "biggest band in the world" or at least a close second, for over 20 years.

Yeah but they've been a shit band for about 10-15 of those years.

The only reason U2 are even still in any sort of spotlight is because Bono parades himself around "saving the world" like a douche, whereas The Beatles are known by almost everyone just for being the greatest band ever; and I think that holds more esteem than being known for wearing

stupid sunglasses.

Edited by FunkyMonk

Those Stones videos reminded me of how much Steven Tyler has copied Mick Jagger.

I don't think Tyler copied Mick Jagger. Anyways Get Off My Cloud is an epic song! Possibly my favorite Stones song! :shades:

Watch this video. Tyler stole his whole wardrobe and stage moves from Mick.

Don't get me wrong though, I still like the 70's Steven Tyler.

Those Stones videos reminded me of how much Steven Tyler has copied Mick Jagger.

I don't think Tyler copied Mick Jagger. Anyways Get Off My Cloud is an epic song! Possibly my favorite Stones song! :shades:

What's funny is Jagger got his moves from watching Voodoo dancers on bad matinee B-movies from the late 50s.

What's funny is Jagger got his moves from watching Voodoo dancers on bad matinee B-movies from the late 50s.

I thought he stole his moves from Tina Turner and James Brown.

I'm planning on getting in the Stones in a big way soon, listening to their albums from start to finish. Some of my favourite songs are:

Ruby Tuesday

Angie

Emotional Rescue

Start Me Up

Heart of Stone

She's Like a Rainbow

Not Fade Away

Under My Thumb

Stupid Girl

Lady Jane

Play With Fire

Paint It Black

As Tears Go By

Get off my Cloud

Street Fighting Man

Satisfaction

Beast of Burden

Undercover of the Night

Shattered

Love is Strong (best newish song I've heard so far, kinda like Highwire, Out of Tears, and You Got Me Rocking too)

Wild Horses

It's Only Rock n' Roll

etc.

Yeah, fuckin' lot of good songs.

Saint of Me is the best Stones song since the 80's, in my opinion. What's your guys favorite Stones album? Sticky Fingers is my pick despite the fact that I don't really like Brown Sugar all that much.

1. exile

2.let it bleed

A friend of mine gave the 40 Licks album, i like that alot. I get a headache when i try to compare The Beatles to the Rolling Stones, i think my favourite song by the Stones at the moment is 'Jumpin' Jack Flash'.

I can't decide which Rolling Stones album to buy, Sticky Fingers would that be a good start?

To answer your Q, they're one of my favourite bands, but not my top favourite.

I'm listening to 40 licks right now. The whole thing is flawless. Usually even great hits, or best of's have sore spots but not this one. The Stones aren't my favorite group of all time (I'm a Beatles guy) but there's no denying how amazing they really are. Favorite songs have to be, "Under My Thumb" and "Jumpin' Jack Flash"