2 Live Crew

Death Star

A thread for anyone fans of old school hip-hop and rap not that crap like Soujia Boy or Lil' Wayne but I mean real rap like Schoolly D, Public Enemy EPMD, N.W.A., Whodini and the such. My fav's include N.W.A., Schooly D and Public Enemy.

Edited by Death Star

Fear of a Black Planet and It Takes A Nation are amazing records.

Sir-Mix-A-Lot was one of my favs.

Never got into 2 Live Crew, but was always reading about the controversy.

Straight Outta Compton was one of my favorite records along with AFD. I guess thats where Rap Metal came from.

2 Live Crew is cool for a few listens, then the obscenitys get kinda lame.

N.W.A, Ice Cube, does 2pac count?, Run DMC. I've never got any Public Enemy, I never really liked their beats. I like the sparse sorta stuff on Straight Outta Compton.

Anyone like Ice T? He rules too.

Never heard any LL Cool J.

Public Enemy are pretty sparse. Welcome to the Terrodome, 991 is a Joke, Shut em Down (12 " remix). Fear of a Black Planet is very commercial record.

I like Ice Cubes singles. Good Day. Check Yo Self.

Anyone listen to The Goats, that song Wake N Bake.

Tone Loc was a PIMP.

G-UNIT first record was classic.

1st time I heard NWA, I was on shrooms(for the first time). Very good stuff(the shrooms and NWA). Public Enemy had a couple of good 'songs', 2 Live Crew just liked to say dirty words. In general, I hate rap, but some of it was OK.

NWA are one of my favourite :wub:

Seeing Public Enemy at Manchester Academy in may, performing the whole of It Takes A Nation Of Millions, should be good - not entirely sure I'm gonna fit in but who cares?! :lol:

Sugar Hill Gang, Grandmaster Flash, Jay-Z, Tupac.

Love proper rap.

xDSGx

EDIT: I forgot this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-C2b8XWJnfE...feature=related

Edited by DopeSickGirl

A thread for anyone fans of old school hip-hop and rap not that crap like Soujia Boy or Lil' Wayne but I mean real rap like Schoolly D, Public Enemy EPMD, N.W.A., Whodini and the such. My fav's include N.W.A., Schooly D and Public Enemy.

Death Star, you should really listen to couple of Lil Wayne's mixtapes and albums, before you write him off.

Alot people with knowledge of Rap/Hip-Hop, consider him the best rhymer going right now.

Death Star, you should really listen to couple of Lil Wayne's mixtapes and albums, before you write him off.

Alot people with knowledge of Rap/Hip-Hop, consider him the best rhymer going right now.

I'll give Lil Wayne his credit where credit is due and I do think he can flow pretty good but I dislike some of his beats and to me you can rap real good but if your beat sucks I won't listen no matter how good you are. I feel the beat is about as important as the MC rapping over it.

well its saturday night and im feelin' kinda funny, gold around my neck, pocket fulla money :rofl-lol:

LOVE Schooly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! annnnd Big Daddy LL (YOU CANT DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNCE!!)

no love for Big Daddy Kane??

thats how its done, just so y'all know ;)

Edited by ffrankwhite

I only ever had Capital Punishment. Also had Snoop's The Game is to Be Sold Not To Be Told which I loved but noone ever mentions it. It's with Master P.

Top dollar with the gold flea collar, dippin in my blue Impala :rofl-lol: love that album!!! its got that NWA cover huh? DP Gangsta?

Edited by ffrankwhite

Yeah it does.

And the bitches in the pool are for free.

I saw Snoop on Larry King, they went to Roscoe's Chicken and Waffles. I was crying with laughter.

"I love country music, Larry. I was looking for love in all the wrong places."

Yeah it does.

And the bitches in the pool are for free.

I saw Snoop on Larry King, they went to Roscoe's Chicken and Waffles. I was crying with laughter.

"I love country music, Larry. I was looking for love in all the wrong places."

Snoops very interesting like that, he has some really eclectic really varied taste in music, he's not quite the cartoon character that the media and lets face it he himself proliferates.

He was saying how he was thinking of covering a Johnny Cash song and might do a rock song with Mick Jagger.

He has his own talk show now. He had David Beckham on. It was killer.

He was saying some wise stuff to Larry.

Do you disrespect women in your music?

I used to. But that's because I was brainwashed to hate women. Now I know to respect women.

Do think dog fighting is wrong?

Larry, you a product of your envirnoment. That's what we did back in the day but now we do offer things.

But then he switches and looks at the camera and starts with "Big Snoop Dogg be out bringing what you want in England, I had a bit of problem with the parole office out there but now we good"

He understands thats he's a celebrity now. not just a big figure in hip hop.

Edited by wasted

He was saying how he was thinking of covering a Johnny Cash song and might do a rock song with Mick Jagger.

He has his own talk show now. He had David Beckham on. It was killer.

He was saying some wise stuff to Larry.

Do you disrespect women in your music?

I used to. But that's because I was brainwashed to hate women. Now I know to respect women.

Do think dog fighting is wrong?

Larry, you a product of your envirnoment. That's what we did back in the day but now we do offer things.

i think the brainwashed thing is really a cop out to be honest with you but yeah, the rest is pretty savvy. Tupac explained the women thing a lot better i think. i think Snoops gonna be like hip hops Stones, y'know, going well into his 60s n shit :lol: he's not even an MC in the typical sense but he has so much talent and personality that it carries off his music, he melds it really successfully with a kind of Soul-ey, Funk-ish type sensibility that works wonderfully for him. he'd make a great elder statesman for hip hop in a few years. sure theres older than him about but they sort of fell off the radar n shit wouldn't you say?

Edited by ffrankwhite

Everyone got merc'd.

Ice Cube seems alright but it must be difficult to survive then come out smelling of roses. Snoop is doing a balancing act.

He's sort of Vegas in a weird way. He cracks me up.

I didn't really capture how Snoop put it but it was basically about being brainwashed. Which is a good excuse. In fact, it's not really that much of a crime. He also saying how he loved Willy Nelson.

"People talk about Peace and Love, but I fought men and beat women." - Lennon.

The Who are an art school band but they seemed pretty elemental, like a force of nature, wild live shows. Whereas The Stones were always a bit showy, it looks a bit like a circus act sometimes, they music is pretty mainstream. I think that's where some people thought The Stones were going with Exile but it never happened. What's weird was that these bands were influenced by American Blues players. I think that's why people like Nirvana it's so wild, there's an energy, there's very few bands that have that free form controlled chaos type of thing. It's easier to just be ploddy rock band.

The reverse is true with Oasis and Blur.

The band that is experimental and arty is the middle class boys, Blur. They were the Beatles.

Oasis, the rough lads, are just doing basic rock with attitude. They are The Stones.