Oasis is back this Summer with a new album

Randy Lahey

I got my tickets for the Vancouver show on Friday. I'm looking forward to the new album and tour. Thank god Noel and Liam are still around. They are the last real rock stars who release albums, that are under 50 years of age.

Edited by Randy Lahey

Hopefully, the album will be great and Liam's voice will be a bit better than the last tour in 2005. From people that heard the songs, it sounds more rock n' roll than the 2 previous albums and the songs are longer (not as long as the Be Here Now ones), full of good riffs.

Edited by Gallagher Rose

They are the last real rock stars who release albums, that are under 50 years of age.

Nope. Pearl Jam.

I mean "Rock Stars", not political activists. I like Eddie Vedder and Pearl Jam though.

In my opinion "Definitely Maybe" is the second best Rock N' Roll album of the last 20 or so years. Number one is of course Appetite For Destruction.

Edited by Randy Lahey

I got my tickets for the Vancouver show on Friday. I'm looking forward to the new album and tour. Thank god Noel and Liam are still around. They are the last real rock stars who release albums, that are under 50 years of age.

Id love to go to that gig, ryan adams is supporting them right?

Yes

Yes

Fuck man your in for one hell of a fukin show, ryan and the cardinals are fuking amazing live and oasis are fuking oasis.

Do they still open with Morning Glory?

No. A while back they had an album called 'Standing On The Shoulder Of Giants' and a track 1 was called 'Fucking In The Bushes' and had samples from the film about the Isle Of Wight festival in 1970 I believe. They have this played on a tape and then they open with 'Turn Up The Sun' off of the last tour.

Unfortunately they're not doing any concerts up here in the North but Im gonna try go see them somewhere in Europe.

The new record should be really interesting. Noel has said it's gonna have a grand sound with groovy and psychedelic 60's influences.

I agree that they're one of few bands left nowadays that still delivers good music and can put on a great show. Their music is leaning more towards rock now than it used to but their lifestyle has always been rock n' roll.

They carry the flag for the true spirit of Rock N' Roll, in my opinion. The concert is even on my birthday, so it makes it that more special for me. This will be the third time I've seen the lads.

Noel and Gem Live

Edited by Randy Lahey

No. A while back they had an album called 'Standing On The Shoulder Of Giants' and a track 1 was called 'Fucking In The Bushes' and had samples from the film about the Isle Of Wight festival in 1970 I believe. They have this played on a tape and then they open with 'Turn Up The Sun' off of the last tour.

That was the best thing on Shoulder.

I love that song, Turn up the Sun is off Don't Believe The Truth - my favorite Oasis album.

They have a ton to kick off with.

Hello would be good.

Rock N Roll Star wouldn't be bad either. They sort of finish with it tho.

They have a live show that's for sure.

What with Don't Look Back In Anger, Cigarettes, Live Forever, Wonderwall, Some Might Say, Champagne Supernova...

Ryan Adams does a Oasis cover doesn't he?

Like Live Forever.

Do they play Hung in a bad place live?

Stand By Me

Love that one.

I love their singles cos when your working they come on a destroy all the pop shit on the radio. They aren't Slayer but it's a welcome relief.

The Hindu Times was another classic.

Master Plan as well.

Jeez They have a set list to die for.

Songbird

Supersonic

Shakermaker

They like words starting with S

Shine!!!

Edited by wasted

Anyone got Sibling Rivalry?

It's just 30 mins of Liam n Noel arguing. It was almost a single.

"You've had too many GNTs, just sit down and shut the fuck up!"

"John Lennon used to burn about doing mad things."

"Do you know john lennon? Do you know John Lennon?"

"No"

"Well, then shut up. Ah, shut the fuck up."

Actually like this one alot as well. Read gets you up for grafting.

They played it during the 2002 Heathen Chemistry tour. I think there's a pro-shot video from Berlin around on YouTube.

And yes, I'm looking forward to the new album, especially since Don't Believe was a return to form imo. :) I just hope the psychedelic songs aren't as dreary as the ones on Shoulders.

The only way to open an Oasis show? The fookin' Swamp Song!

That was the best thing on Shoulder.

I love that song, Turn up the Sun is off Don't Believe The Truth - my favorite Oasis album.

They have a ton to kick off with.

Hello would be good.

Rock N Roll Star wouldn't be bad either. They sort of finish with it tho.

They have a live show that's for sure.

What with Don't Look Back In Anger, Cigarettes, Live Forever, Wonderwall, Some Might Say, Champagne Supernova...

Ryan Adams does a Oasis cover doesn't he?

Like Live Forever.

Agreed! A fan I can relate to!

Ryan did a smashing cover of Wonderwall, and when Noel & Gem toured acoustically (I was lucky enough to see them), they play the Ryan version. What a credit that is! You cover a song in a different fashion, and the guy who wrote it originally and his co-band member prefer that version!!

And no. They played it for a while of the Heathen Chemistry tour...but since...no.

Oasis just have so many classic tunes. I hope they break out Gas Panic and D'Ya Know What I Mean on this tour.

THE 2 SONGS THAT GOT ME INTO OASIS MAN! Randy where have you been all my life!!

Stand By Me

Love that one.

I love their singles cos when your working they come on a destroy all the pop shit on the radio. They aren't Slayer but it's a welcome relief.

The Hindu Times was another classic.

Master Plan as well.

Jeez They have a set list to die for.

Songbird

Supersonic

Shakermaker

They like words starting with S

Shine!!!

:) Im so happy to have found people that agree with me :)

Anyone got Sibling Rivalry?

It's just 30 mins of Liam n Noel arguing. It was almost a single.

"You've had too many GNTs, just sit down and shut the fuck up!"

"John Lennon used to burn about doing mad things."

"Do you know john lennon? Do you know John Lennon?"

"No"

"Well, then shut up. Ah, shut the fuck up."

Actually like this one alot as well. Read gets you up for grafting.

:rofl-lol: Yeah ive got that! Classic stuff!

Being an Oasis obsessive, Im just checking iTunes now and I have...1.85GB of Oasis albums, singles, b-sides, demos, live, acoustic, radio sessions, remixes, mashups and interviews by oasis! And that's only about half of what I have in the oasis folder in My Music! Im a fanatic! I know all the storys behind the albums and various tracks...eg on 'Dyou know what I mean' apparently there are 30-36 guitars on there, just playing the same thing, which creates that big wall of sound you can hear...and the helicopters at the start were recorded when the 'copters at the start of Morning Glory were recorded, because Noel and the producer were recording an 8-track demo in a porta-cabin studio, right by an airfield...You learn something new every day...

I need to get out more.

The setlist when I saw them was:

Fuckin' In The Bushes (tape)

Turn Up The Sun

Lyla

Bring It On Down

Morning Glory

Cigarettes & Alcohol

The Importance Of Being Idle

The Masterplan

Songbird

A Bell Will Ring

Acquiesce

Live Forever

Mucky Fingers

Wonderwall

Champagne Supernova

Rock 'n' Roll Star

-

Guess God Thinks I'm Abel

the Meaning of Soul

Don't Look Back In Anger

My Generation

It stayed the same for every indoor show (sometimes they added Love Like A Bomb) and for the outdoor shows, they added Little By Little.

I need a lie down.

Edited by markyboy101