Best bands of the 00s

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

im so fuckin...time-warped. cant think of no new bands The Strokes?? only dug like 4 songs off their debut. White Stripes? only heard their like...mainstream songs, chart toppers :rofl-lol: Joe Strummer and The Mescaleros count? :confused:

That new link is still watered down when you listen to something like Drukdh: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=LMZxZ5Nm95U

Check out bands like Burzum, Emperor and Death etc.

Hmm, You're right... atmospheric... I wouldn't say it was heavier than F[R]iend though. Instrumentally it was fantastic but the vocals were so guttural and distorted if there were any lyrics there might as well not have been as it just sounded like someone gargling rocks. Bit of a shame for the lyricist really. it means that the meaning of the song gets lost.

Generally if you want to get the jist of a black or death metal album you just read the lyrics. It's not like most traditional genres, the lyrics aren't written to be heard per se, they just accompany the tone that the music sets with the growling vocals. If somebody wants to know what they're saying it's pretty secondary. I can understand why you think it's a waste but most black and death metal bands make it obvious what the theme of the album is through sound alone.

Drudkh are Ukranian anyway so it wouldn't really matter with them since they don't sing in English. I think they're a band that are more about the natural side of life.

It can be quite nice just reading lyrics along with a song. You probably won't be able to follow when he's saying what exactly, but it puts a nice context to it all.

Into the Infinity of Thoughts

Into the Infinity of Thoughts lyrics

Joe Strummer and The Mescaleros count? :confused:

I was gonna say.. but what did they get like 2 albums into the 00's? Well anyway, Global a Go-Go is a fucking masterpiece, I rank it highly in the face of most albums released by the "new blood" of this millennium. Street Core is also brilliant but falls short in some areas, but if we were to include them I would say yes definitely of the best.

Guest Satanisk_Slakt

One of my favorite albums from the '00's is Nattfödd by Finntroll.

Wonderful band from Finland.

EDIT: Maybe they don't count as they released 1 album 99?

Edited by Satanisk_Slakt

My Midnight Creeps

Animal Collective

The White Stripes

Muse

Belle and Sebastian

Queens of the Stone Age

Foo Fighters

The Raconteurs

Gogol Bordello

Linkin Park

Foo started in 95 dear boy ;)

Yeah, most of the bands on that list started in the 90s, but I consider them 00's-bands because they got big(ger) in the 00's.

So? They've been massive this decade so it's a valid choice. I don't agree with it, but still.

sorry are you talking to me? i wish you would've told me, i'd've conducted a spellcheck. as it is think im alright. phew! close though, wasn't it?

Yeah, most of the bands on that list started in the 90s, but I consider them 00's-bands because they got big(ger) in the 00's.

OH!! oh cool, in that case i should be able to add a few :):):)

(still cant think of any actually :lol:)

Velvet Revolver

Coheed And Cambria

Against Me!

Andrew Jackson Jihad

Flogging Molly

Johnny Hobo And The Freight Trains

Kill Cheerleader

Riverboat Gamblers

Nashville Pussy

Velvet Revolver

Black Dahlia Murder

Killswitch Engage

Heaven and Hell

Racounteers

Franz Ferdinand

Lamb Of God

White Stripes

Black Keys

Helleyeah!

Damageplan (R.I.P. Dime) :(

Hey powerage5! Could ya pm me Johnny Hobo And The Freight Trains and some Flogging Molly I have heard of Flogging but not Johnny Hobo.

Edited by Death Star

OH!! oh cool, in that case i should be able to add a few :):):)

(still cant think of any actually :lol: )

The Ramones got pretty big last year :)

OH!! oh cool, in that case i should be able to add a few

(still cant think of any actually

The Ramones got pretty big last year

there, i'll take that one, The Ramones :rofl-lol:

Nobody answered you the first time, cause no one gives a shit about that tree-hugging crap that is called U2.

On another note, listening to Kings of Leon now, and liking it.

Kings of Leon?

I find it hard that a J-E-......

Nevermind.

Edited by SunnyDRE

Nobody answered you the first time, cause no one gives a shit about that tree-hugging crap that is called U2.

On another note, listening to Kings of Leon now, and liking it.

Kings of Leon?

I find it hard that a J-E-......

Nevermind.

Real classy.

I didn't expect that VR would be on so many peoples list. They weren't even on mine...I wouldn't consider them to be one of the "best bands of the 00s" really, they are great, but they aren't brilliantly groundbreaking.