God Bless Ozzy

Punos

I'm almost at the end of Disc 1 of Ozzy's double-disc LIVE + LOUD CD. I haven't listened to it in quite awhile. Sometimes Ozzy's songs with the sick guitar solos make me cry. Not full blown tears, but maybe one. When it gets all emotional (This is my last fuck'n concert, let me hear it!!!!!) and Zakk tears it up with the outro...man...emotional shit.

There's something about Ozzy's solos that make me tear up sometimes. Just Ozzy's live solos. Mostly on the Randy Rhodes Tribute album. It's kind of sad, but amazing stuff. Zakk's version reminds me of Randy. I guess it all relates to Randy Rhode's death. Everybody gets into it and both guitarists deliver hard, with their own unique twist. I slightly prefer Zakk over Rhodes, but that could change with mood swings.

Zakk>Randy>Jake

Definately

And yes, Live & Loud is a great album. Never gets old listening to it in my opinion.

EDIT: And I also know what you mean when you say it's emotional.

never listened to this motherfucker, not ever, not even Sabbath. i'd like to though. coming to this forum has made me want to like...listen to tons of people like Sabbath, Journey, Boston, Styx, Frampton, Skynnrd, Deep Purple problem is i have so much music that i wanna listen to and nothing peaks my interests WILDLY in these bands like it does with so much other experimental abbrasive and plain weird shit (or old blues/jazz stuff) to get around to listening to. its weird, rock n roll in the 70s almost didnt happen as far as my taste goes. shame really, i feel i lack for it. in fact i dont even know if half of those bands are from the 70s. now i think about it, for all my opining on rock n roll, i actually know jack shit about it :confused: just like...punk and certain 60s bands and thats it...hmmm..shows how seriously my opinions deserve to be taken :rolleyes:

Edited by ffrankwhite

This is an amazing concert, for sure! Songs like "Mr. Crowley", "Road to nowhere", "Goodbye to romance", "Shot in the dark", "Miracle man", "Bark at the moon", "Mama, I'm coming home", "Crazy train" and "Changes" really sent chills down my spine. Great concert album, thanks for recommending it!

Edited by Spoon87

I don't see how it is possible to prefer the Zakk material over thr Rhodes material. The Zakk era was mostly nothing but cheesey pop songs while the Randy era is absolutely timeless and is some of the best rock music of all time.

I don't see how it is possible to prefer the Zakk material over thr Rhodes material. The Zakk era was mostly nothing but cheesey pop songs while the Randy era is absolutely timeless and is some of the best rock music of all time.

Yes, cheesy pop songs, because Ozzy and Zakk together sound like Madonna and Michael Jackson. :rolleyes:

No one said they liked Zakks material better than Randy's, they just said they liked him and his playing over Randy's.

And if your saying that No More Tears isn't a timeless album aswell, then you must be deaf and blind.

Yes, cheesy pop songs, because Ozzy and Zakk together sound like Madonna and Michael Jackson. :rolleyes:

No one said they liked Zakks material better than Randy's, they just said they liked him and his playing over Randy's.

And if your saying that No More Tears isn't a timeless album aswell, then you must be deaf and blind.

Right on bro, couldn't have said it better.