Does Chris Pitman remind you of John Paul Jones?

Randy Lahey

Chris really reminds a lot of John Paul Jones from Led Zeppelin. He's a multi-instrumentalist, talented songwriter, and he apparently has a sarcastic sense of humour. If Tommy can't make a show Chris can always fill in on bass. I hope that Axl shines the spotlight on Chris a bit more on the next tour. Kind of like when Led Zeppelin would have John Paul Jones get behind the keyboard and play an extended solo on No Quarter with dry ice all around him.

Edited by Randy Lahey

welcome to Comedy Central two years ago..

It's not supposed to be funny. Chris is proving to be a great talent and I think he deserves a bit more credit and respect. Dizzy gets lots of props on here and he's no where near the talent that Chris is. Why is it so fashionable to bag on Pitman? I can't wait till the album comes out and you see all the writing credits that Pitman has. I'm willing to bet $20 that Chris has the second most songwriting credits on Chinese Democracy behind Axl.

Edited by Randy Lahey

John Paul Jones is fantastic, some amazing contributions to Zep songs.

Yeah, no shit, one of the best bassists ever too of course, don't forget.

For me my top bassists are:

1. Paul McCartney - I sometimes actually forget how good the guy is, then I pop on Sgt. Peppers or Abbey Road and I remember

2. The aforementioned John Paul Jones

3. Duff McKagan - Duff burns my ass because I actually believe with some of the shit he plays he could be as good as John Paul Jones is.

Underrated Bassist:

Nikolai Fraiture from The Strokes - don't think this guy is good? All I can say is listen to the bassline in Is This It from the album of the same name and you'll know what I mean.

Yeah man, I didn't know his name, but that bassist from the Strokes is dynamite

And to mention Chris Pitman in the same breath as JPJ in terms of anything related to musical ability is worthy of a beatdown

1. Paul McCartney - I sometimes actually forget how good the guy is, then I pop on Sgt. Peppers or Abbey Road and I remember

3. Duff McKagan - Duff burns my ass because I actually believe with some of the shit he plays he could be as good as John Paul Jones is.

Underrated Bassist:

Nikolai Fraiture from The Strokes - don't think this guy is good? All I can say is listen to the bassline in Is This It from the album of the same name and you'll know what I mean.

Yeah man, I didn't know his name, but that bassist from the Strokes is dynamite

And to mention Chris Pitman in the same breath as JPJ in terms of anything related to musical ability is worthy of a beatdown

I think you'll change your mind when Chinese Democracy is released.

Underrated Bassist:

Not going off topic but...if it's good bassist's we're talking about you cannot forget Geddy Lee of Rush.

tommy's bass playing is great on t.w.a.t, the blues and if the world. he was always a great bass player and he should be,

considering he's playing the instrument for more than 25 years now.

check out his playing on better from the inland invasion show...