Alice Cooper ..Along Came A Spider

Zint

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Got the cd yesterday...love the artwork concept...very cool.

I'm really getting into this cd...my fav Cooper release in 25 years!

THIS should have been the release to follow DaDa for the Nightmare returns era.

Got the cd yesterday...love the artwork concept...very cool.

I'm really getting into this cd...my fav Cooper release in 25 years!

THIS should have been the release to follow DaDa for the Nightmare returns era.

I agree.

I'm very impressed with this one. I pick up mine on Tues. Went to pick it up first thing in the morning.

I think my favorite tracks are Salvation and I Am The Spider.

Trailer number 3 is up..

These are pretty damn cool actually!

Wow. This is monstrous. I can't even wait to be sucked into this world. NEED THIS ALBUM NOW. Fucking love Psycho. Definitely one of the top 5 movies ever. This is... holy cow...

I need to see the tour, too.

Wow.

is it bad that my favorite song on it is the ballad "Killed by love"? Ive never been a Cooper fan at all but I used the cover artwork for a graphic design project for school and decided to give his myspace a visit to listen to the album. Not bad at all, some decent riffs.

is it bad that my favorite song on it is the ballad "Killed by love"? Ive never been a Cooper fan at all but I used the cover artwork for a graphic design project for school and decided to give his myspace a visit to listen to the album. Not bad at all, some decent riffs.

It's not bad at all. That's a great song. One of my favorites off of the album.

EDIT: By the way, anyone know the sales of this album yet?

Edited by Axls_Shorts_Rule

I got it while I was up in Maine for 13 days, so I'm a little late to hop on my opinon, but...

I was a little let down by this album. Don't get me wrong, I like it, but I felt like from everything said about the album and the amount of promoting he was doing, it was gonna be another masterpiece like WTMN. The biggest issue with this album for me was the songs sound a little too bright, considering the album's dark theme. For example, a song like I Know Where You Live or (In Touch With) Your Feminine Side could have been made much darker to fit the story, more like Vengeance Is Mine or I Am The Spider. The ballads on the album were awesome, up there with the classics like I Never Cry and Only Women Bleed. It's just that I think he hyped this album up to be way more than it is.

And for the love of God, could someone explain the epilouge? It went right over my head, other than the mention of Steven.

It's not bad at all. That's a great song. One of my favorites off of the album.

EDIT: By the way, anyone know the sales of this album yet?

I don't know the sales,but apparantly according to Rolling Stone it debuted at 53.

Which is HUGE for Alice.

In several countries it's his strongest debut in YEARS!

And well deserved in my opinion!

The way I see it, with the Epilouge , At the start of the album with the woman saying "We found his diary today.." (first few times listening to it I kept thinking I know that voice, then the other day it hit me, I think it's Alice's wife Sheryl) but anyway she is a cop or FBI or whatever then it goes into the music which I think is the diary, then at the end it's 23 years after he did it and is in a cell, probably psychiatric hospital cell. And he's talking with the voice in his head in his cell, just saying how they found his diary (I assume that's how he got caught) and how they figured out what his plan was, cut off his victims legs and attach eight of the legs to one body to make a human spider.

And he thinks like a spider, "Trap, kill, Eat"

I dunno, that's what I get from it.

The way I see it, with the Epilouge , At the start of the album with the woman saying "We found his diary today.." (first few times listening to it I kept thinking I know that voice, then the other day it hit me, I think it's Alice's wife Sheryl) but anyway she is a cop or FBI or whatever then it goes into the music which I think is the diary, then at the end it's 23 years after he did it and is in a cell, probably psychiatric hospital cell. And he's talking with the voice in his head in his cell, just saying how they found his diary (I assume that's how he got caught) and how they figured out what his plan was, cut off his victims legs and attach eight of the legs to one body to make a human spider.

I dunno, maybe I was reading into it too deep. Steven was the central character in WTMN, which came out 23 years ago. That's the part of it that really threw me. Trying to figure out the connection (if any) between the 2 albums.

I dunno, maybe I was reading into it too deep. Steven was the central character in WTMN, which came out 23 years ago. That's the part of it that really threw me. Trying to figure out the connection (if any) between the 2 albums.

Oh I see. There is no real conection between the albums. Steven is just a character he uses once in awhile. He shows up on a few albums, sometimes there is no actual mention of the name in the songs but he appears on Last Temptation and Hey Stoopid.

ok , this is mediocre at best , the guitars are flat most of the time and the whole thing is quite poppish , i expected some grand expresions of pain , something like guns untitled track 2 , this is very boring , and one of the songs sounds like hotel california , 4/10.

You don't know anything about Alice then. You suck at reviewing.

EDIT: I think you're right on the Epilouge Becket. Sounds good to me.

Edited by Axls_Shorts_Rule

ok , this is mediocre at best , the guitars are flat most of the time and the whole thing is quite poppish , i expected some grand expresions of pain , something like guns untitled track 2 , this is very boring , and one of the songs sounds like hotel california , 4/10.

I agree. And Hotel California???!!!

Go fuck yourself , i know alice you dick , but thats just it , he didint stray away from his classic sound , he didnt take risks on this album , he didint surprise me , this is probably his last album , and he should have worked harder on it he should have bowed out with a record that is eclectic and imagenative , this is basic alice , nothing special , dont need some 10 year old amateur telling me how to review.and the ballad killed by lvoe has a riff very remincent of hotel california.

Dumbass

Edited by Assassin's Creed