Say what you want about pearl jam..

Zint

What do you mean, " Say what you want"

I've been a Pearl Jam fan from day one and will probably always be

I hate that Vedder uses the microphone for his Political Non-Sense, but other than that.......

Pearl Jam is great

I was also impressed.

I was impressed by two other things, too.

One was the bubble thing that the singer from the Flaming Lips was in. He was inside this clear plastic ball and rolling over the crowd. That's so cool. I've never seen that before. I love that sort of stuff in a rock show.

The other thing was that they showed usually 2 whole songs from each of the bands paying tribute and 5 or 6 whole ones from The Who. That's great. Usually on TV you get one whole one and a second one that is cut off half way through.

I really rocked out to the Rock Honors show. I thought it was great. I really liked how (I think Roger) said he and Pete still feel Keith's and John's presence on the stage and it still feels as if they are part of the show.

What do you mean, " Say what you want"

:lol:

To be honest... I was going to call the thread "Say what you want about Pearl Jam ffrank..."

cuz he's one of the biggest Pearl Jam haters around here...yet they just did amazing justice to ffranks' fav band

But..I thought if I singled him out he would go on a ten page essay in response. :tongue2:

(joking ffrank)

And there are some other Pearl Jam haters here...so I generalized it.

I love Pearl Jam. I think Matt Cameron joining them was an awesome move on his part because, well Pearl Jam own and Cameron is one of the best drummers around at the moment so it works perfectly for me.

i like his beats in soundgarden to be honest, but, well, he's good in pj too.

They fucking knocked this out of the ballpark!

The Real Me

Of all the bands that played the VH1 Rock Honors The Who special,Pearl Jam were the only band to tap into an essential Who element...passion.

Here's the entire segment to feature Pearl Jam.

The Who didn't sell out...unlike certain music stations

I'm by no means a fan of The Who, I dunno, it just never clicked with me, but those songs, and what Pearl Jam make out of them is just mindblowing, a breathtaking performance!

Pearl Jam is the best band in the world, imo. :)

I'm by no means a fan of The Who, I dunno, it just never clicked with me, but those songs, and what Pearl Jam make out of them is just mindblowing, a breathtaking performance!

i wasnt gonna comment in this thread thats the most horrifying thing i've ever heard...

Pearl Jam CANNOT do these songs very well at all for a number of reasons and the main one is that they just dont have the...synergy. What Entwhistle, Moon and Townshend had as a musical unit is near enough impossible to replicate, it was so unique. John Entwhistle was basically a musical genius...the man "changed the fuckin instrument". What...those boys had wasnt...just an ordinary band where like OK, drum and bass provides rhythm and Townshend lays leads over it and Roger sings, no. Townshend was basically a very loud rhythm player, he worked AROUND Moonie and Entwhistle. He did a bit of lead work but (listen to the albums) Moonie and Entwhistle are like...the reason their sound is so...FULL is because of them, you cant just immitate that, it doesnt work. that fucking...cacophonous rhythmic quality that The Who had isnt like your normal fucking band its...(how'd you explain something you hear so clearly yet defies description?!?!) Its basic counterpoint...Pete amped chunky heavy RnB rhythm work all kicked up into the air by Thunderfingers and The Loon. its perfect in practise AND theory.

They cant even copy it well, let alone do better. and Edward compared to Rog' as a frontman well...pfft!!! Theres the door..

and im sorry but PJ doing Baba O Reilly better? :rofl-lol::rofl-lol: alright yeah, excuse me, i need to go to the bathroom now..

pearl jam are just the most boring band i've ever listened too!.

thats very forgiving of you. personally i'd call it a bunch of pussy ass college boy bullshit. honestly, these hooray for tolerance!s couldnt carry The Who's jock(s) :rolleyes:

thats very forgiving of you. personally i'd call it a bunch of pussy ass college boy bullshit. honestly, these hooray for tolerance!s couldnt carry The Who's jock(s) :rolleyes:

i'd have to agree with you franky! they have no energy on stage or in the music. BORING! in my opinion anyway.

i'd have to agree with you franky! they have no energy on stage or in the music. BORING! in my opinion anyway.

not that theres anything wrong with college boys...Pete Townshend was one :) But he appropriated his education, it didnt appropriate him..besides which what we call college in America aint nothing the same as what it is in England.

Edited by ffrankwhite

I'm not a huge Pearl Jam fan, but imo, that performance was excellent! And unless I was watching a different clip, it was anything but boring.

i was being a bit...extreme about it but the suggestion that Pearl Jam do the who better than the Who or are even worthy of the hem of their garment is just a tad...insulting?

Edward, Who the fuck are you??

Edited by ffrankwhite

I hate the Who.....just for the record...but this was good

The Who, on their worst fucking night (Moon era Who) would blow Pearl Jam off the fucking stage...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7qL-xNbqgMY

Whoooo shit!! somebody put a clock on Moon :):):) (if only the rest of the footage existed/was found)

Really, Frank? Charming. :rolleyes:

i'd have to agree with you franky! they have no energy on stage or in the music.

What you think of their music is a matter of personal taste, but regardless of what you think of their music, accusing them of having no energy on stage is laughable.