Kerrang!'s '100 Greatest Rock Bands Ever'

BrandNewCadillac

Lol. Limp Bizkit. +44. HelloGoodbye. Lacuna Coil. Biffy Clyro. Stonesour. Nickelback. Offspring. In fact the whole list is diabolical. Bands like The Who, The Clash, Pink Floyd, GNR, AC/DC, Chili Peppers, should all be up there. Even Queen should be higher. And P!ATD, MCR, A7X, 30 Seconds...blasphemy.

It's not Kerrang's fault. The list is based upon votes people have made on the website, and only teenaged brats that cut themselves with butterknives watch Kerrang. NIN are good, but definitely not top 4 good. MCR are also good but they're not even top 100 good of all time. It's sad that STP aren't even on the list.

It's not Kerrang's fault. The list is based upon votes people have made on the website, and only teenaged brats that cut themselves with butterknives watch Kerrang. NIN are good, but definitely not top 4 good. MCR are also good but they're not even top 100 good of all time. It's sad that STP aren't even on the list.

Kerrang used to be all about the good, hard rock. Every week, bands like GNR, AC/DC, Iron Maiden, Def Leppard, Aerosmith, Ozzy, Alice, Metallica, Motorhead used to be all over it (I know because my Dad still has quite a few of the older copies, plus I see them on memorabilia stalls quite often). Now Kerrang magazine features today's bands and tomorrow's bargain bucket. The only bands that might last that are featured regularly are MCR, Fallout Boy, and of course Green Day. They rarely have any of the real 'hard rock' bands in it, y'know, the bands that basically made that magazine what it is. Kerrang TV also broadcasts all this Emo-Punk bullshit regularly, basically brain washing all these people to think that 30 Seconds To Mars are better than Led Zeppelin, My Chemical Romance have made a concept album that's better than anything Pink Floyd could manage, and I could go on. Kerrang! magazine and TV is why the majority of these fans voted like this. Barely any of them recognized that the best bands ever were the ones I mentioned at the start of my post, plus quite a few others.

These lists don't bother me because the majority of voters are young kids who have yet to attain a decent listening ear. It's like whisky, you hate it when you first taste it but after a while you can't live without it. These kids will learn when they buy STP's Core, AC/DC's Back In Black or The Rolling Stone's Sticky Fingers.

These lists don't bother me because the majority of voters are young kids who have yet to attain a decent listening ear. It's like whisky, you hate it when you first taste it but after a while you can't live without it. These kids will learn when they buy STP's Core, AC/DC's Back In Black or The Rolling Stone's Sticky Fingers.

what are they going to learn with that,that Pearl Jam ripoffs existed as far back as 1992 :rolleyes:

what are they going to learn with that,that Pearl Jam ripoffs existed as far back as 1992 :rolleyes:

Or maybe that "Pearl Jam ripoffs" are far superior to that overrated POS aforementioned band?

As much as i love Pearl Jam it still doesn't take away the fact that STP's Core is a great album.

Edited by Calm Like A Bomb

Kerrang! is all about what's new and fresh, of course they had bands like GNR, AC/DC, Iron Maiden, Def Leppard, Aerosmith, Ozzy, Alice, Metallica, and Motorhead all over it in older issues. Those were the bands that were hot so thats who they wrote about, thats what teenagers listened to. Now they're all about MCR, 30 Seconds to Mars, Fall Out Boy, Panic! at the Disco n shit, because unfortunatley thats what the majority of teenagers consider to be 'Great Rock Bands'

I don't think there's such a thing as a magazine (one that isn't restricted to a single genre) that reports on good music without regard for who's dominating the charts, airing videos on TRL, etc etc... they wouldn't be able to sell as many copies because clearly the majority is interested in selloutfagshitpopunkfemininevocalmusic