Alternate Chinese Democracy Promo CD

troccoli

I wouldn't have paid that much for a radio edit of 1 song. Ouch.

Instead of bothering to explain it again, I will simply refer you to this topic (be sure to read it thoroughly):

http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?showtopic=127577

yeah we read that, more money than brains we get it m8t

JK!!!! lol

good score m8t!

Gunsguy

Edited by gunsguy

Nice pick up Troccoli.

First one of those I have seen with a picture sleeve in the jewel case, plus the press release.

Although I can sense some de ja vu happening with some of the comments in this thread. <_<

Well, you know, I was doing a little research this weekend and from the people I asked yep, ignorance is bliss. Though I am glad Gunsguy finally came around.

Edited by troccoli

Nice pick up Troccoli.

First one of those I have seen with a picture sleeve in the jewel case, plus the press release.

Although I can sense some de ja vu happening with some of the comments in this thread. <_<

Well, you know, I was doing a little research this weekend and from the people I asked yep, ignorance is bliss. Though I am glad Gunsguy finally came around.

Gunsguys was always on board m8t, just like to challenge people sometimes, keeps things interesting

and I am glad you can take a joke m8t

Gunsguy

I'm a collector so I totally get it. I'd probably pick one of these up for $20, but as a collector I have to determine what I value and what I don't. These promo CDs never really did it for me. I think it would be cool to have the Oh My God promo CD as that song isn't released on any other GN'R product. But this song will be on the album, and it may even be released as a CD single in the near future. So to me it's just not a very interesting collectible. I'd rather shell out for the old shaped picture discs. Those things are damn cool: http://cgi.ebay.ca/GUNS-ROSES-Nightrain-BA...p3286.m63.l1177 Or something like the MFSL CDs.

But that's just me. If it means something to you (and troccoli seems like he collects everything, his collection blows probably everyone else's away) then you pay what you feel it's worth.

Edited by KBear

Cool, I got hold of the US one but that had no artwork, jsut a plain silver fromt CD with blue back.

Is yours a "full silver" ?

I will let you know when it arrives.

I'm a collector so I totally get it. I'd probably pick one of these up for $20, but as a collector I have to determine what I value and what I don't. These promo CDs never really did it for me. I think it would be cool to have the Oh My God promo CD as that song isn't released on any other GN'R product. But this song will be on the album, and it may even be released as a CD single in the near future. So to me it's just not a very interesting collectible. I'd rather shell out for the old shaped picture discs. Those things are damn cool: http://cgi.ebay.ca/GUNS-ROSES-Nightrain-BA...p3286.m63.l1177 Or something like the MFSL CDs.

But that's just me. If it means something to you (and troccoli seems like he collects everything, his collection blows probably everyone else's away) then you pay what you feel it's worth.

I'm glad to read a well thought-out response. Thank you.

Some of the promos may be hard to find in the future

I'm guessing the US radio promos will probably be the easiest to get in the future as more quantities printed.

If they get to around the $20 mark I'll start buying the promos :xmasssanta:

I hear you. Keep looking

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Troccoli, I was bidding on this too. :o I was pretty pissed when it got so high though... :anger:

Anyway I picked up one for £30 in the end. They're going for like £15 now though... oh well. The battle will now to get the 'Better' singles. :P

Picked one of these up today for £8 GBP - It's a great Promo.