Axl Rose Chat #6 - mygnrforum - Dec. 14, 2008

Black Sabbath got rid of Ozzy and hired Dio and released albums but most people think it was Sabbath when Ozzy was their.

Sabbath got rid of Ozzy (he had left once on his own already, but came back) because of the massive amount of drugs he was doing. They didn't do it just for the heck of it.

Nothing can top Black Sabbath with Ozzy. rock4

It's not as if Slash hasn't got form for hanging Axl out to dry. I mean he was happy enough playing OIAM here (http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=U5rejzm3PhQ&feature=related) but when it attracted the negative attention he said how it made him feel uncomfortable, it didn't sit right with him and that he refused to play it live. He deflected all the heat onto Axl for that, which is what Axl is saying happened with My World aswell.

I can't imagine Slash being comfortable with OIAM for obvious reasons. You're really reaching with this post. Forget Slash for a minute, Izzy didn't want that song on the album either.

I just feel like Axl is being pretty petty with some of his answers. The whole "you've been lied to" thing is pretty old & good example of what I'm talking about. Basically, this is just Axl's word and by no means do I think it's exactly the way that it was. I also think it's childish for him to discredit the other members by basically calling them liars. Why not act like forty some year old men instead of a spited teenage girls?

Axl, put the pettiness aside and reunite the real GNR for God's sake. The vast majority of fans just want the real deal. It's been a long time, man. Time to let dead dogs lie.

petty? i don't think so. and if axl considers his version of the truth, actually being the truth, why does he not have a right to express himself like everyone else has? axl's got a lot of defending to do, and has taken a battering over time from a lot of parties. freedom of speech dude.

why would you want a reunion when they wont work as a team anymore? you've said yourself axl is "childish" to discredit members, so you'd gain some respect for him would you if he got the band back together just to please fans who can't move on? wow, can't think of anything LESS id wanna see then one of my favourite bands, back on stage, hating each other! as you said, time to let dead dogs lie.

It's not as if Slash hasn't got form for hanging Axl out to dry. I mean he was happy enough playing OIAM here (http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=U5rejzm3PhQ&feature=related) but when it attracted the negative attention he said how it made him feel uncomfortable, it didn't sit right with him and that he refused to play it live. He deflected all the heat onto Axl for that, which is what Axl is saying happened with My World aswell.

I can't imagine Slash being comfortable with OIAM for obvious reasons. You're really reaching with this post. Forget Slash for a minute, Izzy didn't want that song on the album either.

If he wasn't comfortable with it from the outset, why not refuse to play it live from the start? Why wait until it becomes a big controversy and then distance yourself from it? Self preservation i guess.

If we're talking about things being a stretch. I think it's a stretch to suggest Axl wrote a song, got the rest of the band to record it, and got it released without a single other person in that process being ok with the lyrical content.

Axl it is ungreatfull lost your memory...My friend, you wouldn't be nothing if the old line up didn't work with you in the old days...Just think about it for a while....By the way....What is GNR today? It is a band or couple of guys work for a bunch of dollars...? I don't know if is in the band Ron Thal, Paul Tobias or what ever...maybe now is playing the drums Teddy Zig Zag...Who knows? Always in Axl's planet is estranged. The GNR's soul is dead in the 90. Only Axl can do what he has to do for reload his carrera: call the original line up and stoped all this fuckin bad dream...

Well said. I hate to say this, because I love the original GNR as much as anyone, but the legacy is tarnished already. I just hope there is something better in the future for Axl and whomever he teams up with. I'd be happy to offer my services to Axl, afterall I did write an

about him...

Could you please....just die?

Thanks.

Bach? Duuuude.

Of course :tongue2:

Why you being such a dickkkkkkkkkk ?!

I´m sorry but I don´t get that Question :fuckyou:

It was a joke no ofense...

So first came AXL now Baz who the is next one ....?!

Hey Baz any coment about Slash...... he is a liar huh ?!

i was here first!

Sigh. You find haters everywhere these days, eh? As soon as something that requires an opinion is put out there, people can't wait to walk all over it and belittle it.

Go ahead, I'm not here to change that. I'm just disappointed with the way Axl, Slash, and Duff have failed to grow up after all these years, and are STILL Out Ta Get each other. They are in their 40s, for crying out loud. Just take a chapter from Izzy's book already...he was just as much a part of the dysfunction and dislike as the rest of them. Axl and Slash even went on a radio show in early '94 saying they wanted "nothing to do" with Izzy again (don't believe me? youtube it...it's divided into 4 parts). But he just chugged on, both in life and music. No lawsuits, no angry interviews, nothing. He just let it cool down and, these years later, is perfectly comfortable hanging out/playing with any of them. Music = music, not bullshit. In that way, Iz rules, and the rest need to stop and contemplate if it would really be THAT bad to just deal with their issues, person-to-person, and then move on peaceably.

has Izzy put out a book?

Please delete this shit piece of a topic, and while you're at it, delete your user account as well.

A BIG thank you from the GNR fan community!!!

I wholeheartedly agree.

Tha guy is an idiot wrapped in a moron.

i Toatally agree

ban these fuckers !!

this is the GAYEST THREAD I HAVE EVER READ !!!

:sleeper:

ok I really dont usally post in here as I always get slammed for defending Axl,so here goes again,hate me if you will.....but it has always been Axls band his name his footwork,his life...........

so just shut up all you untalented fucks and dance..............

have a great day you all,and get a life!!

the man answers your questions in a very polite manner,alot nicer than I would be after you all just keep dissing and dissing,lets see you all do what hes doing............or do you even know!!

disclaimer,not intended for those of you who are respectfull

thats my two cents worth,now I will put it in my pipe and smoke it!........

over and out

deathstar

In his posts over the past few days, Axl goes on and on now about how not-really-a-band the old GN'R was, how they didn't get along with anything, how there were secret ambitions and plots and politics right from the outset, and tones down the musical accomplishments to a point where we are to think they are insignificant compared to Chinese Democracy.

I love Axl, but the way he has responded has just made me very upset...to try and erase what put you on the map, it's despicable of anyone. Slash is just as in the wrong, but that's just it. It's a 50-50 split, and neither of them can see that. It doesn't take a genius, or someone who was even there. The very fact that they're on entire polar opposites implies that there is some middle ground they are both choosing to ignore.

And does anyone else find Axl's VERY long defense on why he kept the name Guns N' Roses just.......off? I appreciate the man offering his genuine opinion, but it doesn't matter what band it is...if it gets to the point where there is just one of the people left, then it is not the same band of people, and therefore requires a different identity. Guns N' Roses is not a survival story for anyone but Axl, and that makes it AXL'S survival story, not Guns N' Roses.

truth is the truth hurts...don't you agree?

stop your whining....... Slash has lied...everyone has lied at some point...... and who are you to decide anything about this......you werent there and you dont know shit about this

Let's not forget that this is basically an " interview" that Axl could have sold for at least in the 5-digits - yet he chose to give it it us - the fans - for free.

Very classy move.

Axl it is ungreatfull lost your memory...My friend, you wouldn't be nothing if the old line up didn't work with you in the old days...Just think about it for a while....By the way....What is GNR today? It is a band or couple of guys work for a bunch of dollars...? I don't know if is in the band Ron Thal, Paul Tobias or what ever...maybe now is playing the drums Teddy Zig Zag...Who knows? Always in Axl's planet is estranged. The GNR's soul is dead in the 90. Only Axl can do what he has to do for reload his carrera: call the original line up and stoped all this fuckin bad dream...

I've got news for ya bitch.

-Guns N' Roses are alive and well, headed by Axl fuckin' Rose, and they just released a kick ass new album at least on par with the UYI material.

-GNR today is the natural evolution of the GNR of the 90's. Bands that continue to recycle the same material and make samey songs, frankly, suck. The thing that always differentiated GNR from other popular hard rock/heavy metal bands was their willingness to experiment and today's GNR is no different.

-Slash and co. are gone. Suck on it and choke. rock3

-Axl has proven that he is capable of making great music WITHOUT the old lineup. See this little album called "Chinese Democracy" that shits all over you and your post, bitch. :fuckyou:

Edited by Ode to Axl

One of the best post since a while.

Axl, just please stop making all negative comments about the old line-up and all positive comment about the ´current line-up´.

Please, just remeber that you became famous WITH those guy´s: if you wouldn´t have been in a band with Slash, Izzy, Duff and Steven, than there wouldn´t have been a GN´R forum and people would have never heard of you (atleast not the way, you are recognized know)

Axl - don't listen to these people.

They complain when you dont speak.

Then they complain when you do speak.

I'd much rather have Axl - or anybody else - speak their MINDS and tell us the truth . . . rather than give PC answers.

Rock and Roll isn't about being PC and kissing people's asses.

Thank God Axl speaks his mind, instead of giving us water downed bullshit answers.

One of the best post since a while.

Axl, just please stop making all negative comments about the old line-up and all positive comment about the ´current line-up´.

Please, just remeber that you became famous WITH those guy´s: if you wouldn´t have been in a band with Slash, Izzy, Duff and Steven, than there wouldn´t have been a GN´R forum and people would have never heard of you (atleast not the way, you are recognized know)

Axl - don't listen to these people.

They complain when you dont speak.

Then they complain when you do speak.

I'd much rather have Axl - or anybody else - speak their MINDS and tell us the truth . . . rather than give PC answers.

Rock and Roll isn't about being PC and kissing people's asses.

Thank God Axl speaks his mind, instead of giving us water downed bullshit answers.

Exactly, so many people have wanted the "truth" for years from Axl's point of view, and now you guys can't face it. Make up your minds.

could someone moderate those kind of stupid thread...

fucking asshole...

people are still bashing Axl.....who the fuck are you to bash the guy...

is doesn't owe you shit....just try walking one day in his shoes then we'll talk....

Edited by laval