Axl Rose Chat #6 - mygnrforum - Dec. 14, 2008

This is What Axl said about MY WORLD (blames it on Slash) on HTGTH:

Q: - What the hell was My World? lol (I've always been curious)

A: Great question and here goes for all your inquisitive minds with a bit you aren’t aware of but is the real story…

Unfinished 1st run 1st dabbling/experimenting all in fun demo that became Duff’s favorite song at the time telling me how he loved to blast it at his house with Ice T and the Bodycount guys before Illusions came out and before it was decided to be on the record. I wanted to try and develop it and wanted guitars of some kind but Slash felt and his words at the Record Plant in all seriousness were “It’s perfect” and Slash and Duff were the deciding factor to have it on the album. eek

Personally I feel Duff legitimately liked it but I can’t say Slash did in the same way. In fact I feel he was keenly aware some would take issue with the track and against me so for him in that sense it was “perfect”. Imo Duff wasn’t aware or part of that and was “used” unwittingly for support in talking me out of developing it or not including it which at the time I had no real intention of using as is.

Are we supposed to actually believe this? He makes it sound like Slash had some mastermind plan to make him look like shit.

Edited by BMo13

Axl,

I must say, I’m very thankful that you’ve come on here and answered questions and been so gracious and patient in explaining some issues surrounding the past, present, and even the future of Guns N Roses. For all the criticism, demands, and nonsense you’ve had to endure up to this point I am rather humbled by, once again, how the reality has been transmutated into an incredible art form on Chinese Democracy. You’ve captured our hearts and struck chords with your audience through it all, because of it all, despite it all, and even underneath the sometimes crushing weight of it all. I want to express how much more grateful I am that I’ve had the privilege to find the satisfaction in your work that uniquely resonates with me, as it must with any fan who would take the time to really listen and enjoy what you’ve created. I consider that experience a very great gift that you’ve intertwined within your work back since we’ve first heard you. There is a certain satisfaction that comes from great art, from songs and melody that stirs you inside, from an imagery that can only be called up when you deliver. The many years that have passed in anticipation of this new album were more than worth it because timeless art is just that, and great artists that strike a chord with someone personally may not even be so common as once in a generation. I would only hope that you would know and understand that those of us out here who felt some of your soul in these recordings and live shows have gained so much from the experience where a man put through what must have been hell at times never forgot those perhaps few who gave them the opportunity, maybe even only once, to feel a little satisfaction with something that resonated with them for once rather than the first whiskey shot effect of so much that tries to emulate but will never accomplish what can only be done naturally by yourself and your art. For your years of effort and struggle, I hope you too can find that sense of peace you have given us to replace what our normal lives often give us as a sense of rage.

Thank You once again. Thanks for giving so much to us. I will never forget your generosity with what you have given of yourself in your music.

~M

During so many years people were bashing on AXL because he wasn't speaking or releasing any album. We heard all kind of stories told by Slash, Duff, Steven, some reporters and even fucking Mickey Mouse... Now that the man decided to defend himself, after releasing CD, lots of people come here only to diss on AXL once more. I never heard no one dissing on Slash's bullshit, anyway everyone respected what he said (and he even profited with that by "selling" the story). I think that we should respect both sides of this very, very complex story.

For now I would like to say that I respect all VR work and I am very happy for having CD, it is a great album. The next few weeks will bring more info and probably scramble even more this "puzzle".

Like AXL said this is only "the tip of the iceberg", there are shit loads of things that we are not aware of, so let us wait to see what happens...

How is it some people on here have appointed themselves experts at things they don't have a fucking clue about?

It never fails to amaze me how people, who probably work in Burger King, come on here and act as though they know the record industry, the business world and psycology inside out.

Creative and personal tension, that ying and yang is something that can't be quantified or explained, but when you see it, you know it. They had it, the new band doesn't. The new music is good to very good, but it's missing the energy and spirit of the earlier Axl/Slash creations and performances. I don't know if Axl realizes this because he's probably too close to the fire to have the proper perspective,but I hope someday (soon) he does! Are him and Slash ever gonna be best friends? No, and obviously they never were, but sometimes that type of energy brings out the best creatively in people. All the evidence imo, points to this being true between Axl and Slash and their musical endeavors. The tipping point was when Izzy left and there was no buffer for their relationship and they didn't know how to be effective without it. All I hope is that they someday give it a second chance. I'll support both Axl and Slash's seperate works now and in the future, but what I said earlier is what I'm really hoping for...

What a load of pretentious nonesense that is. Telling Axl Rose he doesn't have the 'proper perspective' on the band he's been in for 20+ years, but you do? Jesus. And as if you know what kind of energy brings out the best creatively in people, what the 'tipping point' was and what part Izzy played in their relationship.

We've got both sides of the story. Just take them for what they are without coming to conclusions or offering up some pseudo psycology bullshit on them.

Alright almighty intellectual wannabe: Obviously that is my opinion and it's based on hearing the music. Your opinion obviously differs, good for you, but I stand by mine.

Edited by BMo13

A: Great question and here goes for all your inquisitive minds with a bit you aren’t aware of but is the real story…

Unfinished 1st run 1st dabbling/experimenting all in fun demo that became Duff’s favorite song at the time telling me how he loved to blast it at his house with Ice T and the Bodycount guys before Illusions came out and before it was decided to be on the record. I wanted to try and develop it and wanted guitars of some kind but Slash felt and his words at the Record Plant in all seriousness were “It’s perfect” and Slash and Duff were the deciding factor to have it on the album. eek

Personally I feel Duff legitimately liked it but I can’t say Slash did in the same way. In fact I feel he was keenly aware some would take issue with the track and against me so for him in that sense it was “perfect”. Imo Duff wasn’t aware or part of that and was “used” unwittingly for support in talking me out of developing it or not including it which at the time I had no real intention of using as is.

Are we supposed to actually believe this? He makes it sound like Slash had some mastermind plan to make him look like shit.

He really hates the guy, that's about it if you ask me. He believes Duff was just a follower. Nothing more, nothing else.

Axl isn't trying to tarnish the legacy. He is just finally telling his side of the story. Is version is that he wanted to keep the band together, but Slash tried to force him to make an album without Axl having any input.

that anecdote is very funny/stupid. I just cant picture that situation taking into consideration Axls personality. It would be like:

Slash: Axl, that song is perfect man!

Axl: uhm, ok, if you say so... lets put it in the record then!

It just doesnt make sense!

Jesus, some of you just won't be ever satisfied. Over the past years, everyone was bitching about Axl not caring for the fans, and how Axl took the GNR Name etc. Now he makes such an outstanding move, and shows us how much he cares. Hell, he spend 7 hours at CD.com, what do you want more? It doesn't get any better than that, and I'm just so thankful for Axl for doing something like that.

In regard to his post: Just shut the fuck up, really, I don't know how many times I have read theories about why Axl took the name, how he took it etc. And now, for the first time, we hear it straight from the man himself and yet your arguing? Do you prefer our theories based on nothing but speculation over the truth, we always wanted to hear from Axl?

And about Axl talking about the old band goes the same thing... He only responds to our question, which are (maybe sadly, but understandable in my opinion) often about the old band. So what exactly are we complaining about, getting the answers to our questions? Not really...

Could you please....just die?

Thanks.

Bach? Duuuude.

Of course :tongue2:

Why you being such a dickkkkkkkkkk ?!

I´m sorry but I don´t get that Question :fuckyou:

i think this guy really is Baz. cool.

hey Baz, your country tune is good. it's more "country" than most of the crap Nashville is spittin' out. good job!

Edited by artfromtex

How is it some people on here have appointed themselves experts at things they don't have a fucking clue about?

It never fails to amaze me how people, who probably work in Burger King, come on here and act as though they know the record industry, the business world and psycology inside out.

Creative and personal tension, that ying and yang is something that can't be quantified or explained, but when you see it, you know it. They had it, the new band doesn't. The new music is good to very good, but it's missing the energy and spirit of the earlier Axl/Slash creations and performances. I don't know if Axl realizes this because he's probably too close to the fire to have the proper perspective,but I hope someday (soon) he does! Are him and Slash ever gonna be best friends? No, and obviously they never were, but sometimes that type of energy brings out the best creatively in people. All the evidence imo, points to this being true between Axl and Slash and their musical endeavors. The tipping point was when Izzy left and there was no buffer for their relationship and they didn't know how to be effective without it. All I hope is that they someday give it a second chance. I'll support both Axl and Slash's seperate works now and in the future, but what I said earlier is what I'm really hoping for...

What a load of pretentious nonesense that is. Telling Axl Rose he doesn't have the 'proper perspective' on the band he's been in for 20+ years, but you do? Jesus. And as if you know what kind of energy brings out the best creatively in people, what the 'tipping point' was and what part Izzy played in their relationship.

We've got both sides of the story. Just take them for what they are without coming to conclusions or offering up some pseudo psycology bullshit on them.

Alright almighty intellectual wannabe: Obviously that is my opinion and it's based on hearing the music. Your opinion obviously differs, good for you, but I stand by mine.

Indeed, though i'm not the one telling the guy who wrote the music in question that he needs to get 'proper perspective' on things.

People with opinions is fine, people talking about things they know fuck all about puzzles me. Hence why i'm happily watching this thread from my vantage point on the fence. Because i don't know shit and don't claim to.

Indeed, though i'm not the one telling the guy who wrote the music in question that he needs to get 'proper perspective' on things.

People with opinions is fine, people talking about things they know fuck all about puzzles me. Hence why i'm happily watching this thread from my vantage point on the fence. Because i don't know shit and don't claim to.

It's really not Axl or Slash that needs proper perspectives on things. It's a lot of the members of this board. :rolleyes:

I kind of agree with what the OP is trying to say. While I appreciate Axl opening up and taking the time to address "his side" of the story, I still don't believe that it was all the others and not Axl. I think Izzy is probably the most unbias of the bunch and he has even confirmed how difficult Axl could be to work with. Per Slash, Axl said they either sign over the rights to the name or Guns ends. Axl says it never happened. I tend to believe that the truth lies somewhere in the middle.

I also think it's kind of silly of Axl to wait 12 + years to deny these allegations. It kind of makes him sound petty and stuck, if you will. Especially considering all the praise and support Slash and Duff offered over the past couple years. Before anyone brings up the lawsuit that was filed, I think Slash and Duff were well within their rights. If Axl had better things to do than be tied up with lawsuits throughout the years, he could have done the right thing and left the name behind. I also dont care for his Guns was his mentality. Bottom line, Slash, Izzy, etc had a helluva lot to do with why that band was a success. They're gone now and the music shows. So for him to play it off that he did this noble thing of keeping the band alive kind of puts a bad taste in my mouth.

Axl, your a great frontman. IMO, the best. But it's time to quit playing the pity card and give the fanbase what the very vast majority wants. The highly desired big 'R'.

Thanks.

Bach? Duuuude.

It was a joke no ofense...

So first came AXL now Baz who the is next one ....?!

Hey Baz any coment about Slash...... he is a liar huh ?!

Edited by KIKOZ3

Every story has 3 sides: yours, mine and the truth.

Axl's arguments and side of the story is as valid as Slash's, Duff's or Izzy's. The thing is, all Slash, Duff and Izzy point their finger at Axl.

Btw, it's great to have Axl here "talking" with us but... don't you think he had this answer all written up when he did the post asking for your questions regarding the GN'R name? Do you honestly believe he read your questions and then wrote all that?

Well, to me, this Axl reply was already writen and approved by his lawers long ago... don't let yourself be manipulated, allways look above what people are telling you.

Why wait 12 years to say all these things? And why now that CD seems to be failling the sales expectation, although it's a good album? Is this some kind of a revegenge?

I'm not an Axl hater, I just don't buy all this crap. If he intended to have a contract with the rights of the name back in the early 90s was because he was already a control freak and with pappers signed he could force everybody else to do as he pleased, that's the truth if you ask me.

Of course everyone has their opinion but if people have read Slash's book and thought that is how the GNR break up happened then your wrong because there were a lot of things that to me didn't match up but of course that was only one half of the story. And now we have heard Axl's side of the story regarding some things like keeping the name of the band. Now in his post I feel that he was straight up with us and didn't really hide away from answering some things and for that I respect him because he could have just said forget it im going to keep these things to myself but he decided that he will come onto this forum and open up like he did.

But as far as calling this a Guns N Roses album it sure as hell is because to me the voice is still there. I mean sure this isn't the Guns N Roses that everyone knows but let's not kid ourselves here Axl has surrounded himself with a great group of players that have done an awesome job on Chinese Democracy and do an awesome job when they play live and if they didnt play well live then the people wouldn't go to the shows.

But if Axl released Chinese Democracy as the Axl Rose Band people IMO wouldn't care but he is GNR and always has been and people are still interested in what he is doing.

Now if Guns had fired Axl as their front man and hired someone else and continued on then that's not Guns N Roses why? it all comes back to the voice.

I have examples to back this up.

Queen continued on with Paul Rogers no disrespect to Paul but that isn't Queen

Black Sabbath got rid of Ozzy and hired Dio and released albums but most people think it was Sabbath when Ozzy was their.

Ask yourself if James Hetfield left Metallica but they continued would they be the same?

Now I'm likely to piss of a lot of people with what about to say but Bon Scott was the voice of AC/DC and if Brian Johnson wasn't able to sing like Bon did then AC/DC would have been finished but because he is able to sing with the high pitch people like the music and buy the albums and that's fine but to me that isn't AC/DC

Thanks.

Bach? Duuuude.

He Baz any coment about Slash...... he is a liar huh ?!

Liar sounds a bit hard. I respect Slashs work.

I don´t know enough to say "Slash is a sucker".

But I think Axl has no reason to fake facts.

he wanted to keep the band together, but Slash tried to force him to make an album without Axl having any input.

Axl die hards are so gullible. What ever the man says just has to be the truth.. Do you people honestly believe that anyone in thw band wouldn't want Axl's input in writing an album? Gimme a break.

oh fuck off you freakin retard

Thanks.

Bach? Duuuude.

He Baz any coment about Slash...... he is a liar huh ?!

Liar sounds a bit hard. I respect Slashs work.

I don´t know enough to say "Slash is a sucker".

But I think Axl has no reason to fake facts.

How do you don t know enough... ?! You are very close to AXL you has to know everything about the break up and others stufs behind the scene.

By the way what is your fave track on chinese democracy and the General is a killer track ?!

Every story has 3 sides: yours, mine and the truth.

Axl's arguments and side of the story is as valid as Slash's, Duff's or Izzy's. The thing is, all Slash, Duff and Izzy point their finger at Axl.

Btw, it's great to have Axl here "talking" with us but... don't you think he had this answer all written up when he did the post asking for your questions regarding the GN'R name? Do you honestly believe he read your questions and then wrote all that?

Well, to me, this Axl reply was already writen and approved by his lawers long ago... don't let yourself be manipulated, allways look above what people are telling you.

Why wait 12 years to say all these things? And why now that CD seems to be failling the sales expectation, although it's a good album? Is this some kind of a revegenge?

I'm not an Axl hater, I just don't buy all this crap. If he intended to have a contract with the rights of the name back in the early 90s was because he was already a control freak and with pappers signed he could force everybody else to do as he pleased, that's the truth if you ask me.

He already said there was a "better" video and a big promotion coming up in a week or so. I doubt this being a attention stunt.