Axl Rose Chat #6 - mygnrforum - Dec. 14, 2008

Hey Axl, you rock man, but stop lying to us. The facts say that you took over the band from the very begining and all the decisions were up to you, so please stop lying man... There's no indication whatsoever in any form that Slash wanted to take over. How about this well known facts:

1. SCOM, Slash didnt like that song but it was still in AFD... your decision right? (that was a good decision though :tongue2: )

2. November rain and Estranged videos, with the dolphins and Slash playing in the water, etc... I'm pretty sure that's what you wanted, not Slash.

3. Sympathy for the devil. Slash didnt want Tobias playing, but you did, and apparently Tobias ended up playing... so, that was Slash's decision, right? :shocked:

4. "Slash, thanks for the killer guitars" in the illusions. That clarly looks like in the illusions you were the boss and Slash played what you told him to.

5. Slash didnt end up with the name, you did. I dont buy the whole "the manager wanted the rest of the guys to fire me so I made sure I got the name so that would never happen". It just doesnt make sense man. I'm sorry. You should come up with a better thing. (For the record, Slash's version doesnt make much sense either).

There are tons of other facts that make your story not beleivable.

So, to sum up, quit fucking around and get back with Slash... all those guys you hired playing a million notes per second with their stupid names really suck man!!! NO MORE SHREDDERS PLEASE! GNR IS SUPPOSED TO BE SLOPPY!!!

Thanks for taking the time to clear up what has been a very controversial subject Axl. I'm sure you could be kept busy with years of homework (lol), but in spite of some initial hangups - I think this format really kicked ass.

Congratulations for pulling through and getting CD out. That is an inspiration I think we can all look to as we head into some really funky times with the economy, etc. Have a great Christmas and New Years rock3

What makes you believe that the issue is "cleared up"?? :rolleyes:

exactly,

Cause how the fuck do you know that Axl is telling the truth and not Slash, Izzy, Duff, Matt? Do you really think that ALL the other people are lying against Axl?

please.... you can't go more ass-kissing than this

And Axl, before you're going to make more negative comments about the old line-up:

Please remeber that you became famous WITH those guys: if you wouldn´t have been in a band with Slash, Izzy, Duff and Steven, than there wouldn´t have been a GN´R forum and people would have never heard of you (atleast not the way, you are recognized know)

For me personally - he cleared a lot of stuff up. I think it's ridiculous for anybody to demand more than what was already said.

The current situation is such that fans have a choice they can make with regard to the new lineup: If you don't like it - feel free to go support the other guys in their new cause(s). No need to condemn a man because you think he might not be telling the truth. But responding to my post in such a shitty manner like that doesn't even warrant a response. So I can understand why Axl may hesitate in saying certain things.

If Slash were to make a similar statement regarding Axl - I'd shrug and let him and his fans have their exchange. No need for you to try and tear this down.

So, to sum up, quit fucking around and get back with Slash... all those guys you hired playing a million notes per second with their stupid names really suck man!!! NO MORE SHREDDERS PLEASE! GNR IS SUPPOSED TO BE SLOPPY!!!

AFD was done 20 years ago and I'm sure you have a recording of it to enjoy. I'm sorry you don't like CD (If you did you wouldn't have a problem with the new players as the old line-up could not play the new music) but even if the original line-up got back together, you do know you still wouldn't get another AFD right?

Oh yeah, my questions are ....

1. Axl, what's your opinion on white supremacy bands covering ONE IN A MILLION ?

and

2. When will new merch be out?

Both questions have been anwered: It's all Slash's fault.

^^^

You certainly have your own agenda to see through. That much is obvious.

Perez Hilton is reporting about the phobia. That guy just uses google to come up with his crappy blogs. His phobia is a diet.

^^^

Axl, what do you think of garbage like Perez Hilton?

Edited by The Archer

Thanks for taking the time to clear up what has been a very controversial subject Axl. I'm sure you could be kept busy with years of homework (lol), but in spite of some initial hangups - I think this format really kicked ass.

Congratulations for pulling through and getting CD out. That is an inspiration I think we can all look to as we head into some really funky times with the economy, etc. Have a great Christmas and New Years rock3

What makes you believe that the issue is "cleared up"?? :rolleyes:

exactly,

Cause how the fuck do you know that Axl is telling the truth and not Slash, Izzy, Duff, Matt? Do you really think that ALL the other people are lying against Axl?

please.... you can't go more ass-kissing than this

And Axl, before you're going to make more negative comments about the old line-up:

Please remeber that you became famous WITH those guys: if you wouldn´t have been in a band with Slash, Izzy, Duff and Steven, than there wouldn´t have been a GN´R forum and people would have never heard of you (atleast not the way, you are recognized know)

Negative comments about old lineup... Hehe, you mean about Slash... Well, I remember when Slash said a lot of negative things about Axl in many interviews.

Axl was a ¨saint¨ in this post compared to what Slash said about Axl some years ago. Besides, Slash said many inconsistent things. Axl explained many things.

it takes a brave man to say ok ask me anything.............i salute you for that.

The picture at least its becoming a little clearer, I dont take wat any1 member says as gospel. The truth is in the middle of all the insluts and statements. I would argue that many during the 1994-1996 maybe slash did try and control the band in the sense that he would no longer be willing to compromise, this period inturn maybe is a reaction to the illusion period where axl was doing the same sortta thing. unstoppable force unmoveable object (thank you dark knight!!)

The biggest shame is that because of bad blood, bitching in the press, hidden meanings in songs ect that they dont get on and it will take a lot of talking face to face to clear the air and settle matters.

Edited by Downinahole

I didn’t want to do This I love in anyway shape or form and...

This I Love is indeed the weakest link in Chinese Democracy; it sounds very much like a sappy power balad by a Malaysian rock band. I'm from Indonesia btw so that ain't a compliment. :rolleyes: Another song the disc could do without is Sorry. That said, There Was A Time (my all-time favourite Guns song now besides Estranged) and Madagascar are indeen epic and bigger than life!

Whatever the issues surrounding GNR, I'm glad Axl and Slash continue to pump out music into the global atmosphere. To some people, i.e. hard core Guns fans, the music continues to matter and to inspire.

Take it easy Axl! :xmasssanta:

Hey Axl, you rock man, but stop lying to us. The facts say that you took over the band from the very begining and all the decisions were up to you, so please stop lying man... There's no indication whatsoever in any form that Slash wanted to take over. How about this well known facts:

1. SCOM, Slash didnt like that song but it was still in AFD... your decision right? (that was a good decision though :tongue2: )

2. November rain and Estranged videos, with the dolphins and Slash playing in the water, etc... I'm pretty sure that's what you wanted, not Slash.

3. Sympathy for the devil. Slash didnt want Tobias playing, but you did, and apparently Tobias ended up playing... so, that was Slash's decision, right? :shocked:

4. "Slash, thanks for the killer guitars" in the illusions. That clarly looks like in the illusions you were the boss and Slash played what you told him to.

5. Slash didnt end up with the name, you did. I dont buy the whole "the manager wanted the rest of the guys to fire me so I made sure I got the name so that would never happen". It just doesnt make sense man. I'm sorry. You should come up with a better thing. (For the record, Slash's version doesnt make much sense either).

There are tons of other facts that make your story not beleivable.

I'm not trying to take a side here but... facts? As in what? What other people have said?

We've heard Slash's and the other former GNR-members versions of how things went down, and now we've heard Axl's.

Were you there when it happened? Can you say Axl is lying? Well, Axl was there when it happened, so obviously he'd know what went down.

As always, the truth is the sum of the parts from all sides, but you calling Axl a liar based on "facts" is wrong.

Yeah, c'mon, tell him what to do and what GN'R is supposed to be. He must've been :confused:

:rofl-lol:

Adrian1983 seems like real idiot with no arguments.

Thank you Axl for everything.

I think he has some valid points. In the end Axl did whatever he wanted to do. Maybe Axl should have the rights to the name but the name doesn't make the band, the band as a collective made the name what it is, whether you like it or not. Everyone in the band worked hard for it, independent of whether they were doing it for personal benefit or not.

Edited by salx

if its his band how can he tarnish it?

although the original was a group effort i dont think his tarnishing anything. Give the guy credit with trying to move forward. Id still argue that alot more shit wud disappear if he used a different name but fuck if that what he wants to do then so be it. It great just to see the gnr name being used again.

Edited by Downinahole

I didn’t want to do This I love in anyway shape or form and...

This I Love is indeed the weakest link in Chinese Democracy; it sounds very much like a sappy power balad by a Malaysian rock band. I'm from Indonesia btw so that ain't a compliment. :rolleyes: Another song the disc could do without is Sorry.

Lol, Sorry and This I Love are the two that I can't decide on for top slot, so to each is own, but I'm glad it made the record...needless to say.

No offense, but Axl sounds bitter as fuck. Especially about Slash. We're supposed to believe that everything that has happened is someone else's fault and EVERYTHING we've been told about him are all lies.

I think the truth is probably somewhere in the middle.

I could understand that point of view but am I the only one that saw wholes in every negative comment Slash has made about AXL/GNR? especially that story where he showed up to axls mansion in the middle of the night and left a note saying "lets talk". His stories have holes. Keep in mind i love slash

This is ssoooooooo much better then doing an interview. He's cut out the middle man and bringing his message direct to the fans.

The haters are really someting else, we have CD, and Axl is talking to us in our forums and u still bash? :drevil:

What more do u want?

prairieboy,

Edited by prairieboy

One of the best post since a while.

Axl, just please stop making all negative comments about the old line-up and all positive comment about the ´current line-up´.

Please, just remeber that you became famous WITH those guy´s: if you wouldn´t have been in a band with Slash, Izzy, Duff and Steven, than there wouldn´t have been a GN´R forum and people would have never heard of you (atleast not the way, you are recognized know)

I agree, this was a good post.

Axl is just telling the truth.

Axl speaks and it is a fact? I find it hard to believe that anyone told Axl that he couldn't have any input in the writing process for Guns..

This whole thing seems like a desperate move.. Most Guns fans didn't accept Chinese Democracy and a GnR record.. Now Axl has to go out and try to win fans back and convince them this is still Guns...

I said somewhere that I admire the hell out of Axl, but I don't idolize him or see him as a sacred cow.

I feel the same about Slash but to a lesser degree. Slash is a great guitar player, but do we know him personally? Do we know Axl personally?

Can we try not to make these issues personal to us? These are problems Axl and Slash have to sort out for themselves - possibly even together, but doubtful. We should just be happy these people exist, though. They show us what a truly individual mind can do. They may both have sides of the story and they may both be 100% correct to themselves, but we weren't there.

But to be that uncompromising is amazing by both of these men. To truly believe in yourself is a good thing.

I'd rather see that than wishy-washy shit followed by deep dicking and blowjobs.