Axl Rose Chat #6 - mygnrforum - Dec. 14, 2008

This is ssoooooooo much better then doing an interview. He's cut out the middle man and bringing his message direct to the fans.

The haters are really someting else, we have CD, and Axl is talking to us in our forums and u still bash? :drevil:

What more do u want?

prairieboy,

Iknow! Love hearing this from him and not some magazine !

I've gotten the impression that some think Axl is lying in some of this ?!

Wtf? He talks now, 16-17 years after it happened, why would he decide to lie now..

If he wanted a lie to get believed he'd commet and do interview's on this 13-14 years ago, when some of the previous members of this band was out LYING.

Thanks for talking Axl! and don't get the impression that the majority of your fans think you are out the get Slash, everyone knows that's crap.

Think people! If Axl was out to get Slash, Slash would have been a nobody years and years ago! Axl has NEVER talked badly about Slash to the press, why sink so low. Slash did'nt do anything but that until after 2005.

Edited by Markus89

One of the best post since a while.

Axl, just please stop making all negative comments about the old line-up and all positive comment about the ´current line-up´.

Please, just remeber that you became famous WITH those guy´s: if you wouldn´t have been in a band with Slash, Izzy, Duff and Steven, than there wouldn´t have been a GN´R forum and people would have never heard of you (atleast not the way, you are recognized know)

I agree, this was a good post.

Axl is just telling the truth.

Axl speaks and it is a fact? I find it hard to believe that anyone told Axl that he couldn't have any input in the writing process for Guns..

This whole thing seems like a desperate move.. Most Guns fans didn't accept Chinese Democracy and a GnR record.. Now Axl has to go out and try to win fans back and convince them this is still Guns...

I'm going to say exactly what I said earlier:

Why should Axl spare anyone? Has anyone ever spared him?

Hey Axl, you rock man, but stop lying to us. The facts say that you took over the band from the very begining and all the decisions were up to you, so please stop lying man... There's no indication whatsoever in any form that Slash wanted to take over. How about this well known facts:

2. November rain and Estranged videos, with the dolphins and Slash playing in the water, etc... I'm pretty sure that's what you wanted, not Slash.

4. "Slash, thanks for the killer guitars" in the illusions. That clarly looks like in the illusions you were the boss and Slash played what you told him to.

Axl was able to put what he wanted in the videos because he made the screenplays, slash wanted nothing to do them.

Thats in the illusions booklet because slash asked axl to include it. It's in the makin' videos: estranged.

And about including SCOM on AFD I don't think axl was the only person to want that song on the album, one in a million makes a better example.

The person who started this thread is a shit throwing moron. You have Axl answering questions from us the fans and you have to question it. What if you got in trouble at work and you are in the process of telling a family member about it and they say quit trying to tarnish Mc donalds like that. Let me make an over view here.

!. Axl is proud of the legacy of the band.

2. He is Explaining to us the fans what happened within the band.

3. I did in fact imply that you work at Mc fucking donalds.

4.Fuck off.

I don't think that this topic should be deleted. Just because it is now known that Axl Rose comes to these forums, and may perhaps get upset by the opinions expressed by the original poster, it doesn't invalidate them.

I think that nothing but "I love you Axl" followed by "Thanks i love me too" would make for boring conversations. I love that he is engaging his fanbase and fielding the tough questions.

By "stick to their guns" - do you mean people who want to ignore facts that Axl presented because they're too embarrassed to admit they may have jumped to the wrong conclusion in the past when they hadn't heard both sides? I believe that's called - being in denial. I think people should hear and consider both sides in all of this - rather than hanging onto a view you held previously just because you don't want to admit you may not have had all the facts.

Well, Slash/Duff's view are the polar opposite of Axl's view with how everything went down. No facts given really, just different versions of the same event. In honesty, I don't see why one recollection of a story should be believed over another at this point. Food for thought nonetheless, but pointless to try to come to any sort of conclusion about what really happened.

It sounds like what Slash did to Scott. But with Axl, Slash lost... That is why I believe in Axl's side of the story.

What Slash did to Scott? Ok, this isn't the thread to get into that.

Anyway, everyone is entitled to "believe" whomever they want. It's cool to FINALLY get Axl's side, and he may disagree, but the truth IS always somewhere in the middle.

That's your belief. Without it, keeping that signature you have might be difficult.

:rofl-lol: So all of a sudden she should think everything Slash said was a lie.

Some people really are like sheep. If Slash told his version of the events does it make it deffiantly true? No. If Axl told his version of events does it make it deffiantly true? No.

You have your opinions but don't make it sound like everything is a fact all of a sudden (regarding this subject). Me, I'll probably just believe bits of what they both say or just go with the flow and see how it ends up.

I do think it's a shame however that Axl and Duff can't be on speaking terms again. I think Duff has been caught in the firing lines, and if VR never formed Axl might have been more welcoming to him, but who knows.

Did I say that she should change what she believes about Slash? Nope. Do you, she or I have every right to individually assess whether what Axl or Slash said is true? Yes.

Question - Did Slash deny and then admit that he visited Axl's house? :rolleyes:

Do a lot of the people who are die hard fans of Axl want to believe him? Yes, they do, because after years of painful silence he's spoken out directly to us, not on Letterman or some radio channel, flogging his version of events in the safe knowledge that there wasn't likely going to be a reposte. Perhaps, it wouldn't have been in Axl's interest to respond to that kind of baiting. At the very least, I know that Axl has the balls to come on here and give us, the fans his versions of events. For that alone, I am willing to give him to the benefit of doubt.

Some people parade their supposed objectivity and flaunt it in such a manner that they think it will guarantee them the stamp of intelligence. A lot of the die hard Slashites and Reunionites do just this, some with half, three quarters or even a full brain. Human behavior isn't always logical and doesn't always fit logical assessment. I would rather risk being thought of as sheep minded than not use my instinct and good judgement, to assess another human being - I trust my own judgement there thank you very much and you are as free to question it, just as I am to question someone elses.

Edited by The Archer

To all the haters: why the fuck do you even still come here? This is a GN'R forum. If you don't like GN'R anymore, then why spend time in this forum? Don't you guys have anything else to spend your time with?!?

cupcakes ...

Because we are Guns N Roses fans... Just because we think Chinese Democracy is a joke doesn't make us any less of a Guns N' Roses fan. If Chinese Democracy wasn't released as a Guns record this wouldn't be like this.. Just deal with it.

I would say that all the Axl nutswingers that would constantly ruin threads on the VR section were worse. If they werent VR fans they shouldn't be there. I am a Guns N' Roses fan so I will continue to post here.

In his posts over the past few days, Axl goes on and on now about how not-really-a-band the old GN'R was, how they didn't get along with anything, how there were secret ambitions and plots and politics right from the outset, and tones down the musical accomplishments to a point where we are to think they are insignificant compared to Chinese Democracy.

I love Axl, but the way he has responded has just made me very upset...to try and erase what put you on the map, it's despicable of anyone. Slash is just as in the wrong, but that's just it. It's a 50-50 split, and neither of them can see that. It doesn't take a genius, or someone who was even there. The very fact that they're on entire polar opposites implies that there is some middle ground they are both choosing to ignore.

And does anyone else find Axl's VERY long defense on why he kept the name Guns N' Roses just.......off? I appreciate the man offering his genuine opinion, but it doesn't matter what band it is...if it gets to the point where there is just one of the people left, then it is not the same band of people, and therefore requires a different identity. Guns N' Roses is not a survival story for anyone but Axl, and that makes it AXL'S survival story, not Guns N' Roses.

SHAVE YOUR MULLET and GET A REAL JOB... INSTEAD OF WORKING AT THE SHOE RENTAL AREA OF THE BOWLING ALLY AND TRYING TO HIT ON 13 YEAR OLD GIRLS...

This thread should be deleted. The person see's that Axl posted on the board and made an account just for attention. If this post was from a regular user, then fine, but this person just signed up yesterday to make this thread to try and get Axl's attention.

Non-sense like this shouldnt be allowed IMO.

To all the haters: why the fuck do you even still come here? This is a GN'R forum. If you don't like GN'R anymore, then why spend time in this forum? Don't you guys have anything else to spend your time with?!?

cupcakes ...

Because we are Guns N Roses fans... Just because we think Chinese Democracy is a joke doesn't make us any less of a Guns N' Roses fan. If Chinese Democracy wasn't released as a Guns record this wouldn't be like this.. Just deal with it.

I would say that all the Axl nutswingers that would constantly ruin threads on the VR section were worse. If they werent VR fans they shouldn't be there. I am a Guns N' Roses fan so I will continue to post here.

You are obviously not a fan of this lineup of Guns N' Roses. You are using the fact that you're a fan of the old lineup as an excuse to continue to cupcake.

Ali

I read the "homework" letter or whatever it's called. I appreciate Axl taking the time, but I'm not gonna be like many others here and just automatically take it as the gospel. I've also read Slash's book and many of the things in there make sense and some of the Axl statements make sense, but in no way come close to resolving things. The undercurrent of the piece seems to be a "my opportunity to blame Slash" session. I just can't get over the fact that seemingly everyone's (who was involved or around it) story is a lot closer to Slash's than Axl's. Sure Axl has a few people like Del, etc, but it's hard to get past the fact that they still are on the payroll in one way or another. I'm not sure, but I would imagine a lot of the blame rests on both Axl's and Slash's shoulders, but could see it would be different according to them. What I do know is that the dynamic of their relationship, personalities, and talent is what made the original GNR so fucking awesome. Creative and personal tension, that ying and yang is something that can't be quantified or explained, but when you see it, you know it. They had it, the new band doesn't. The new music is good to very good, but it's missing the energy and spirit of the earlier Axl/Slash creations and performances. I don't know if Axl realizes this because he's probably too close to the fire to have the proper perspective,but I hope someday (soon) he does! Are him and Slash ever gonna be best friends? No, and obviously they never were, but sometimes that type of energy brings out the best creatively in people. All the evidence imo, points to this being true between Axl and Slash and their musical endeavors. The tipping point was when Izzy left and there was no buffer for their relationship and they didn't know how to be effective without it. All I hope is that they someday give it a second chance. I'll support both Axl and Slash's seperate works now and in the future, but what I said earlier is what I'm really hoping for...

-Brandon

Edited by BMo13

Gimmie a break. Axl puts it into his own words, it blows apart your idealistic image of things and then you criticize Axl's post.

I think most of us greatly appreciate him for being forthright and certainly open & honest about it. Yes there are 2 sides to every story but I believe Axl on this one.

This is ssoooooooo much better then doing an interview. He's cut out the middle man and bringing his message direct to the fans.

The haters are really someting else, we have CD, and Axl is talking to us in our forums and u still bash? :drevil:

What more do u want?

prairieboy,

Iknow! Love hearing this from him and not some magazine !

I've gotten the impression that some think Axl is lying in some of this?

WTF?! He talks now, 16-17 years after it happens and some of you thinks it's a lie?

If he wanted a lie to get believed he'd commet and do interview's on this 13-14 years ago, when some of the previous members of this band was out LYING.

Thanks for talking Axl! and don't get the impression that the majority of your fans think you are out the get Slash, everyone knows that's crap.

Think people! If Axl was out to get Slash, Slash would have been a nobody years and years ago! Axl has NEVER talked badly about Slash to the press, why sink so low. Slash did'nt do anything but that until after 2005.

As some people didn't like what Axl said about Slash, they prefer to call Axl a liar.

Hehe :lol:

Just because we think Chinese Democracy is a joke

Speak for yourself.

Exactly, speak for yourself. A lot of people love the new record.

Ali

Alot more GnR fans don't like it.. Fact.

Hardly an irrefutable fact, but that wasn't the point anyway. The point was a lot of people that post HERE feel that way.

Ali