Axl Rose Chat #6 - mygnrforum - Dec. 14, 2008

Just because we think Chinese Democracy is a joke

Speak for yourself.

Exactly, speak for yourself. A lot of people love the new record.

Ali

Alot more GnR fans don't like it.. Fact.

Yeah and I'd go to the VR site and say there's not one good melody released by them to date, but I'm not a trolling dickhead. At least your name is appropriate though.

Why is this thread still on top? Like I said earlier "The new issue we have is Axl's last post, and first, were in response to negative shit. We can now expect a flood of dickheads hoping to get enough of a rouse out of Axl that he might respond to them. "Oooo, look Axl, I'm saying something bad about you, talk to ME!" "

So let it sink to the next page like it should have 4 hours ago.

Here's a tip, know what attention whores(GnR92, Ass) hate most? Being ignored.

Edited by axlskAmpf

he wanted to keep the band together, but Slash tried to force him to make an album without Axl having any input.

Axl die hards are so gullible. What ever the man says just has to be the truth.. Do you people honestly believe that anyone in thw band wouldn't want Axl's input in writing an album? Gimme a break.

I read the "homework" letter or whatever it's called. I appreciate Axl taking the time, but I'm not gonna be like many others here and just automatically take it as the gospel. I've also read Slash's book and many of the things in there make sense and some of the Axl statements make sense, but in no way come close to resolving things. The undercurrent of the piece seems to be a "my opportunity to blame Slash" session. I just can't get over the fact that seemingly everyone's (who was involved or around it) story is a lot closer to Slash's than Axl's. Sure Axl has a few people like Del, etc, but it's hard to get past the fact that they still are on the payroll in one way or another. I'm not sure, but I would imagine a lot of the blame rests on both Axl's and Slash's shoulders, but could see it would be different according to them. What I do know is that the dynamic of their relationship, personalities, and talent is what made the original GNR so fucking awesome. Creative and personal tension, that ying and yang is something that can't be quantified or explained, but when you see it, you know it. They had it, the new band doesn't. The new music is good to very good, but it's missing the energy and spirit of the earlier Axl/Slash creations and performances. I don't know if Axl realizes this because he's probably too close to the fire to have the proper perspective,but I hope someday (soon) he does! Are him and Slash ever gonna be best friends? No, and obviously they never were, but sometimes that type of energy brings out the best creatively in people. All the evidence imo, points to this being true between Axl and Slash and their musical endeavors. The tipping point was when Izzy left and there was no buffer for their relationship and they didn't know how to be effective without it. All I hope is that they someday give it a second chance. I'll support both Axl and Slash's seperate works now and in the future, but what I said earlier is what I'm really hoping for...

-Brandon

another yawn worthy post by a wannabe Dr.Phil. And he will now reply to my post with another amazing ANALysis which will only make sense in his in the closet Slash-ite world.

make it impressive or funny at the least cos it sure ain't interesting.

I read the "homework" letter or whatever it's called. I appreciate Axl taking the time, but I'm not gonna be like many others here and just automatically take it as the gospel. I've also read Slash's book and many of the things in there make sense and some of the Axl statements make sense, but in no way come close to resolving things. The undercurrent of the piece seems to be a "my opportunity to blame Slash" session. I just can't get over the fact that seemingly everyone's (who was involved or around it) story is a lot closer to Slash's than Axl's. Sure Axl has a few people like Del, etc, but it's hard to get past the fact that they still are on the payroll in one way or another. I'm not sure, but I would imagine a lot of the blame rests on both Axl's and Slash's shoulders, but could see it would be different according to them. What I do know is that the dynamic of their relationship, personalities, and talent is what made the original GNR so fucking awesome. Creative and personal tension, that ying and yang is something that can't be quantified or explained, but when you see it, you know it. They had it, the new band doesn't. The new music is good to very good, but it's missing the energy and spirit of the earlier Axl/Slash creations and performances. I don't know if Axl realizes this because he's probably too close to the fire to have the proper perspective,but I hope someday (soon) he does! Are him and Slash ever gonna be best friends? No, and obviously they never were, but sometimes that type of energy brings out the best creatively in people. All the evidence imo, points to this being true between Axl and Slash and their musical endeavors. The tipping point was when Izzy left and there was no buffer for their relationship and they didn't know how to be effective without it. All I hope is that they someday give it a second chance. I'll support both Axl and Slash's seperate works now and in the future, but what I said earlier is what I'm really hoping for...

-Brandon

This was no much less of a "blame" piece than Slash's book was. I think that saying this was about blaming Slash is an oversimplification. It was more about clearing the air. And as far as other people's stories being closer to Slash's, like who? Izzy wasn't around in the mid-90's. Duff? Isn't that about it?

This was very cool. It was in depth and it was straight to the fans, not through the press or a book.

Ali

Axl has already said that he respects the opinions of those who elect not to look forward with regard to GNR. If that's the way the OP feels, then so be it...That being said, what more is there to gain from a post like this? You feel the way you feel, fine, but it's obvious that you may be in the wrong forum.

-Brandon

another yawn worthy post by a wannabe Dr.Phil. And he will now reply to my post with another amazing ANALysis which will only make sense in his in the closet Slash-ite world.

Maybe it's beyond your level of intellect.

all these slash-ites panicking suddenly after axl started talking. trying to do damage control and still pretend like they are not biased.

funny.

and again, the mods on this forum need to clean this shit up. laughing stock of the gnr community this forum has become.

Edited by TheSoulMaster

Maybe it's beyond your level of intellect.

no its just that you are easily impressed with oprah talk. that to you is intellect, me , i whipe my ass off with it.

Edited by TheSoulMaster

By "stick to their guns" - do you mean people who want to ignore facts that Axl presented because they're too embarrassed to admit they may have jumped to the wrong conclusion in the past when they hadn't heard both sides? I believe that's called - being in denial. I think people should hear and consider both sides in all of this - rather than hanging onto a view you held previously just because you don't want to admit you may not have had all the facts.

Well, Slash/Duff's view are the polar opposite of Axl's view with how everything went down. No facts given really, just different versions of the same event. In honesty, I don't see why one recollection of a story should be believed over another at this point. Food for thought nonetheless, but pointless to try to come to any sort of conclusion about what really happened.

It sounds like what Slash did to Scott. But with Axl, Slash lost... That is why I believe in Axl's side of the story.

What Slash did to Scott? Ok, this isn't the thread to get into that.

Anyway, everyone is entitled to "believe" whomever they want. It's cool to FINALLY get Axl's side, and he may disagree, but the truth IS always somewhere in the middle.

That's your belief. Without it, keeping that signature you have might be difficult.

That's my belief because I've had enough personal life experiences to know that is always the case.

I have no idea what my sig has to do with anything.

The truth isn't always grey or in between. Most, I say most people out in the world, believe it was ALL Axl's fault. Even now, they want to believe that. Now that we have his version of events, in some form or the other, it's really easy to say that the truth falls in the middle, nothing is black and white, both of them could be lying etcetera, etcetera.

Most people compromise, when it comes to most things, to some extent at least. Whether it be life, integrity, relationships, their jobs, dreams etc, you can't always get what you want or adhere to your principles. This is what my personal life experiences tell me. The minority, usually fall by the wayside, get ignored, or are violently opposed by those want to do what they see is easy, or the popular thing to do. This happens almost without exception.Most people act this way.That's just human/crowd/mob reaction or instinct.

Out the five original gunners, or out of five random people say, if one of them had this characteristic (that of being uncompromising, whether it be on a vision, the truth, relationships whatever), I would bet that that person would end up being left by the others, or they would struggle against him.

If a fallout then occurred, it would be easy to pin the blame on that one person then wouldn't it? It would actually be tougher to say that it's everyone's fault or that things lie somewhere in between (though in Axl's case, now that we have his version, it probably is convenient for those who don't want to go by his version of events). Blaming the odd man out is the easy way.

Edited by The Archer

he wanted to keep the band together, but Slash tried to force him to make an album without Axl having any input.

Axl die hards are so gullible. What ever the man says just has to be the truth.. Do you people honestly believe that anyone in thw band wouldn't want Axl's input in writing an album? Gimme a break.

No, it's really that.

One of Slash's best friends - Marc Canter said on HTGH that Slash would not let Axl work on the songs that ended up being on the Snakepit record. Axl wanted to work on at least four of them, but Slash wouldn't let him.

Chew on that for a while.

Ali

Axl, just please stop making all negative comments about the old line-up and all positive comment about the ´current line-up´.

Please stop twisting his words around!

The topic was what went wrong in the old band and why he kept the name so he answered... Obviously everything related to that are not so good memories.

And you don't believe he genuinely enjoys the current lineup more than the UYI one? Well you're entitled to your opinion.

But in my opinion it's easy to see why he would.

Why does this thread stay open, while others with more legitimate questions get locked? Please.

if you didn't care what happen to me

and i didn't care for you

we would zig zag our way threw the bordom of pain

occasionally glancing up threw the rain

wondering which of the buggers to blame

and watching for pigs on the wing

i don't think it matters who's to blame, axl seems happy with his new band, and slash with his efforts. and we the fans really get the best of both worlds. good songs from both camps, and some really shitty songs from both camps. I think axl and slash worked well together because both put each other on edge, old gnr was never safe, it was to implode from day one. that's what made the music so dam good, the friction, Ironic in the name, guns being aggressive deadly and roses being beautiful. I find both new camps to have great music but it lost that edge. Both camps music is safe. almost predictable, but even if they did reunite maybe they couldn't find that raw power again. it was already fading with illusions. I think it cool axl has written all this, but i like to see from both camps the endless finger pointing, and just admit how each individual fucked up. You know what i did some shitty things to slash and izzy duff and even steve. Or slash saying it was wrong how i treated axl i was an asshole. But then again the lawyers would just eat the shit up. So us fans get the best of both worlds holding on that on day we may see pigs take wing.

-Brandon

This was no much less of a "blame" piece than Slash's book was. I think that saying this was about blaming Slash is an oversimplification. It was more about clearing the air. And as far as other people's stories being closer to Slash's, like who? Izzy wasn't around in the mid-90's. Duff? Isn't that about it?

This was very cool. It was in depth and it was straight to the fans, not through the press or a book.

Ali

There is nothing that you could really call true/false. It sounds more like his perception. He said that Slash tried to take control of the band. There's blame for you if you need it. This should not be taken as gospel. Slash said he wanted to work on Snakepit to kill time. Makes sense. Ax says that he wanted to work on Snakepit material but Slash didn't want him to. Makes sense also. But, they are opposite point of views. We will never know what the truth is. I can put myself in both positions and see where they are coming from. But, it's Axl that has a poor reputation of treating people badly. And it's not just coming from his former bandmates. It's coming from a long list of people that have worked with him in some shape or form.

Hey Axl, you rock man, but stop lying to us. The facts say that you took over the band from the very begining and all the decisions were up to you, so please stop lying man... There's no indication whatsoever in any form that Slash wanted to take over. How about this well known facts:

1. SCOM, Slash didnt like that song but it was still in AFD... your decision right? (that was a good decision though :tongue2: )

2. November rain and Estranged videos, with the dolphins and Slash playing in the water, etc... I'm pretty sure that's what you wanted, not Slash.

3. Sympathy for the devil. Slash didnt want Tobias playing, but you did, and apparently Tobias ended up playing... so, that was Slash's decision, right? :shocked:

4. "Slash, thanks for the killer guitars" in the illusions. That clarly looks like in the illusions you were the boss and Slash played what you told him to.

5. Slash didnt end up with the name, you did. I dont buy the whole "the manager wanted the rest of the guys to fire me so I made sure I got the name so that would never happen". It just doesnt make sense man. I'm sorry. You should come up with a better thing. (For the record, Slash's version doesnt make much sense either).

There are tons of other facts that make your story not beleivable.

So, to sum up, quit fucking around and get back with Slash... all those guys you hired playing a million notes per second with their stupid names really suck man!!! NO MORE SHREDDERS PLEASE! GNR IS SUPPOSED TO BE SLOPPY!!!

You should eat your vitamins regularly. They help in the thinking process.

Edited by The Archer

fuk man, this thread got so boring......the regular mud throwing BS started again which will never end. mygnr as usual.

axl avoid this fkn place man....just look at how the other forums are responding, its more constructive, even when negative. mygnr is all destructive and officially the garbage can of the online gnr community.

signing off this cancer forum now.

I think Axl says what he feels. He's been silent for so long that I believe he is true to his feelings when he writes. The long silence gives credibility...

Everyone has he's own views of reality. No-one has complete understanding, but that doesn't automatically mean the truth is far away.

My own belief is that Axl is the "deepest" artist of the whole old GNR (was that written correctly?). The most passionate one. Of course I can never truly know, but this is my hunch.

How does this relate to the first post in this thread? I don't think Axl has the motive, you think he does. He just wants us to know how he's felt and feels. Correct me if I'm wrong.

For the millionth time, thanks for the posts Axl.