Best drummers?

Memnoch The Devil

best drummer?  

49 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest deleted_19765

A vote for anyone but Bonham or Moon is hard to justify, for this group at least. I don't think Matt Sorum or Dave Grohl really belong. If we are going to just assume its Rock we're talking about, I would add Ringo Starr, Bill Bruford, Steve Gadd, Chad Smith, and Stephen Perkins to name a few. But Bonham was probably the greatest, no matter who you include. I don't really care for Led Zeppelin much at all anymore, but I love listening to him still. Most of the best drummers are in Jazz though.

Moon for sheer originality...for basically reintepreting entire pieces of music through the drums. For the sheer spectacle of his performances..absolutely no one to beat him. There might be technically better drummers than moon in the same way there are technically better guitar players than Hendrix but when push comes to shove, everybody knows who really cuts the mustard :):)

No one ever mentions Cozy Powell :lol:

Edited by dirtylenny

Moon for sheer originality...for basically reintepreting entire pieces of music through the drums. For the sheer spectacle of his performances..absolutely no one to beat him. There might be technically better drummers than moon in the same way there are technically better guitar players than Hendrix but when push comes to shove, everybody knows who really cuts the mustard :):)

No one ever mentions Cozy Powell :lol:

That's all? :confused:

Out of that list, Keith Moon.

Also like Tommy Lee (Motley Crue), John Fred Young (Black Stone Cherry), Roger Taylor (Queen), Neil Peart (Rush), Mitch Mitchell (Hendrix Experience) and Bonham. Plus others I've forgotten.

Good pick on Tommy Lee.

He probaly is more known today for his "celebrity", than his music, but people shouldn't forget how talented he is.

Maybe Top Ten of Alltime.

Iain Bayne, none of you will have heard of them but he's my favourite drummer, a total powerhouse and really technical too. http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=axC0JvUhww8

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=-Qbb1yWsRu8

The latter especially.

Daniel Svensson's spectacular as well. http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=fYM2ngWz0JE&...feature=related

Edited by Graeme