Third single Street of Dreams (new picture page10)

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know about you guys, but I think Sorry should be the third single

It's by far the worst song for a single...

"Sorry" is really overated by alot of the fans. The song just does nothing for me. Poor lyrics and very repetitive (not in a good way). Probably the worst song on the album and GNR's most boring song.

"Street of Dreams" has the most potential because of all the songs on CD it sounds the most like "old Guns" so the casual fans may latch onto it.

Who knows?

Don't agree at all. Great lyrics, beautiful music, great melodies and a killer guitar solo. I think "Sorry" is one of the best songs on the album.

Ali

Agreed Ali. Saulhudson88 - we all know you're biased dude, you obviously have it in for Buckethead. Why don't you go and sit in the VR forum.

Great lyrics, beautiful music, great melodies and a killer guitar solo. I think "Sorry" is one of the best songs on the album.

Ali

UICH!!

Great lyrics?!!!?!!! ?!?!?! REALLY?! It sounds like something an 8 year old that was pissed with his brother would write in 2 minutes. "No one cares about you", "I'm sorry for you not sorry for me", "I'll kick your ass like I said that I would"... NAH!

And the music is VERY out of date and something Meat Loaf would release these days.

I would be embarrassed if Sorry was released, it's bad enough it's on the album. It's the only song I don't like on CD, so don't label me a "Buckethead hating mullet" or whatever people do here when people don't like a song.

LP

I don't know about you guys, but I think Sorry should be the third single

It's by far the worst song for a single...

"Sorry" is really overated by alot of the fans. The song just does nothing for me. Poor lyrics and very repetitive (not in a good way). Probably the worst song on the album and GNR's most boring song.

"Street of Dreams" has the most potential because of all the songs on CD it sounds the most like "old Guns" so the casual fans may latch onto it.

Who knows?

Don't agree at all. Great lyrics, beautiful music, great melodies and a killer guitar solo. I think "Sorry" is one of the best songs on the album.

Ali

I agree. ¨Sorry¨ is one of the best songs of Chinese.

So we still don't know if this third single is fake or not. :shrugs:

I dont know about this one. I think TWAT should be the "ballad" if you will. I think it sounds more like classic gnr and people will relate better to it. I like street of dreams, exept for the first few lines. The words are good, but it almost seems that axl struggles to get to those high parts, once that part is over, the song is really good.

Great lyrics, beautiful music, great melodies and a killer guitar solo. I think "Sorry" is one of the best songs on the album.

Ali

UICH!!

Great lyrics?!!!?!!! ?!?!?! REALLY?! It sounds like something an 8 year old that was pissed with his brother would write in 2 minutes. "No one cares about you", "I'm sorry for you not sorry for me", "I'll kick your ass like I said that I would"... NAH!

And the music is VERY out of date and something Meat Loaf would release these days.

I would be embarrassed if Sorry was released, it's bad enough it's on the album. It's the only song I don't like on CD, so don't label me a "Buckethead hating mullet" or whatever people do here when people don't like a song.

LP

Truth is the truth hurts, don't you agree?

It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me.

Those are great lyrics.

Ali

It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me.

Those are great lyrics.

Those are.

But I can't get into the song as a whole because it shows what I consider the worst side of Axl.

The gargantuan persecution complex, juvenile threats about kicking people's ass, and painting himself as the misunderstood hero of it all. I realize those will always be traits of Axl's but I don't need to see them so celebrated as if they are noble.

Those are great lyrics.

Those are.

But I can't get into the song as a whole because it shows what I consider the worst side of Axl.

The gargantuan persecution complex, juvenile threats about kicking people's ass, and painting himself as the misunderstood hero of it all. I realize those will always be traits of Axl's but I don't need to see them so celebrated as if they are noble.

But they're certainly not contrived.

That's the "real Axl," and it's shocking. But he's for real.

That's why it's such a great song.

Those are great lyrics.

Those are.

But they're certainly not contrived.

That's the "real Axl," and it's shocking. But he's for real.

That's why it's such a great song.

Exactly.

And I don't think just because someone expresses a thought or feeling or attitude in a song, it's necessarily representative of how they feel or think on a daily basis.

I celebrate those lyrics not because they are noble, but as bonhamfan said, because they are honest and real.

Ali

But that is the side of Axl that I hate, the side that sucks.

Its like Eddie Vedder. I love Eddie Vedder. My favorite other than Axl. But I could do without his left wing kook fringe nonsense at election time. And as a result, songs he writes with that mindset are not my favorites.

Edited by D-GenerationX

What's his other side?

The amazing vocalist part. That part, I like.

How he conducts himself in print and in public? Not so much.

While I wouldn't say or do many of the things he does, I still have respect for him because he is nothing if not honest. For me, it's not so much an issue of what he says as far as opinions or his feelings, it is that he expresses himself honestly.

Ali

What's his other side?

While I wouldn't say or do many of the things he does, I still have respect for him because he is nothing if not honest. For me, it's not so much an issue of what he says as far as opinions or his feelings, it is that he expresses himself honestly. Ali

Honesty is important, but only a naive fool would pretend that what is actually said or expressed isn't important. You can be totally wrong and idiotic, but honestly believe you're right. I don't really find that noble. It's childish. Being totally honest, but still having perspective and self awarness is far more noble.

What's his other side?

While I wouldn't say or do many of the things he does, I still have respect for him because he is nothing if not honest. For me, it's not so much an issue of what he says as far as opinions or his feelings, it is that he expresses himself honestly. Ali

Honesty is important, but only a naive fool would pretend that what is actually said or expressed isn't important. You can be totally wrong and idiotic, but honestly believe you're right. I don't really find that noble. It's childish. Being totally honest, but still having perspective and self awarness is far more noble.

You misunderstood what I wrote. I never said what he said wasn't important, as in what he said in print. I was referring to his songs. The songs resonate for me deeply because of the honesty which with he expresses himself.

And, yes, I respect his honesty in interviews. But, that doesn't mean that I would do or say many of the things he does or says. As I indicated very clearly in the portion of my post you did not bold.

Ali

What's his other side?

Gonna have to agree. Axl seriously needs to get a grip on things. It's a shame to see someone with so much talent shoot themselves in the foot over & over again. But whatever music he creates or performances he gives I will be there.

Edited by IRS2008