MYGNR Top 100 Albums of All Time

New Rose

Without Bob, the last 45 years of music doesn't happen.

Oh, and I for one love his voice. Extremely powerful: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RlTtLAEZ3AY

:rofl-lol:

The best thing Dylan did was contribute to the Big Lebowski soundtrack.

Blood On the Tracks, man.

His finest hour for sure. "Shelter from the Storm" may be my favorite lyrical performance ever.

The songs are made all the more powerful when you know the about his life at the time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mvBkbPEoeAI

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But that is a pretty terrible list, and I can't believe Pantera is on there.

I remember the thread. There was another one a few days later for songs, and I did the counting, so I remember what the list looked like. And considering there were only 5 votes per post in this one, I'm thinking it took about 2 mentions to get into the top 50.

It's not a bad list at all

Oh, I beg to differ.

Such a wide range of genres in that list from cock rock to hair metal. GN'R fans sure have a wide range taste in music. :rolleyes: The fact that Ziggy Stardust was beaten out by hair bands like Motley Crue and Skid Row is a slap in the face to music everywhere.

Not to mention the top 20 is something a 12 year old who's never listened to music would put down. "Hmmm, I've heard these albums are good, so I guess I'll say they're great".

If this is done again, the only difference will be that Chinese Democracy will somehow miraculously make it to the top 10. :lol:

Without Bob, the last 45 years of music doesn't happen.

Oh, and I for one love his voice. Extremely powerful: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RlTtLAEZ3AY

:rofl-lol:

The best thing Dylan did was contribute to the Big Lebowski soundtrack.

Blood On the Tracks, man.

His finest hour for sure. "Shelter from the Storm" may be my favorite lyrical performance ever.

The songs are made all the more powerful when you know the about his life at the time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mvBkbPEoeAI

Definitely... Bringing It All Back Home and Highway 61 Revisited are close but Blood On The Tracks is probably in my top 5 of all time.

It's not a bad list at all

Oh, I beg to differ.

Such a wide range of genres in that list from cock rock to hair metal. GN'R fans sure have a wide range taste in music. :rolleyes: The fact that Ziggy Stardust was beaten out by hair bands like Motley Crue and Skid Row is a slap in the face to music everywhere.

Not to mention the top 20 is something a 12 year old who's never listened to music would put down. "Hmmm, I've heard these albums are good, so I guess I'll say they're great".

If this is done again, the only difference will be that Chinese Democracy will somehow miraculously make it to the top 10. :lol:

Of course. I, too, think that the list is very narrow minded, but you have to realize the fact that this is a GN'R forum. There will be a bias towards sleaze/hard/classic rock naturally. Considering that, I think that it's great that artists like Prince, N.W.A and RATM even made the list.

I think doing this again is a pretty cool idea. I've noticed that the forum has broadened its horizon when it comes to music during the last 4 years - back in '05 it was impossible to mention rap, for instance, without getting senselessly bashed.

I have no idea what my top 5 albums of all time is, so I'll probably just end up posting my current favourites.

Top five at this particular moment (of all time requires too much thought) -

Blackberry Belle - Twilight Singers

The Future - Leonard Cohen

Purple Rain - Prince

Moondance - Van Morrison

Exile in Guyville - Liz Phair

Edited by Angelica

Top six at this particular moment (of all time requires too much thought) -

Purple Rain - Prince

Moondance - Van Morrison

Guns N' Roses - Chinese Democracy

:o

no u

I need to think for a while.

Don't give me sass or I will kick your ass, Mr Sassy Pants!

Top six at this particular moment (of all time requires too much thought) -

Purple Rain - Prince

Moondance - Van Morrison

Guns N' Roses - Chinese Democracy

:o

:rofl-lol::rofl-lol::rofl-lol:

So we started then? :lol:

People can post their lists all they want but I won't start counting. Only one is willing to help with the counting so I need a little bit more help still...

So PM me people if you want to help. Some alterations to the rules would probably be good too.

I think there should be a maximum of 1 Guns N' Roses album (or even any artist for that matter), to make the final list a bit more exciting and un-biased. And what's the rule on compilation albums, live albums, EPs, etc.?

I was thinking the same thing. Some lists that people posted last time were ridiculous, putting all Gn'R albums on it etc...

The rule was that no compilations, no live albums and no EP's. I think that's only reasonable?

I think there should be a maximum of 1 Guns N' Roses album (or even any artist for that matter), to make the final list a bit more exciting and un-biased.

I feel I deserve some appreciation for limiting myself to one Dulli related recording. It pained me highly. :(

I think there should be a maximum of 1 Guns N' Roses album (or even any artist for that matter), to make the final list a bit more exciting and un-biased.

I feel I deserve some appreciation for limiting myself to one Dulli related recording. It pained me highly. :(

I was expecting some Saturnalia on there, actually. :o

I think there should be a maximum of 1 Guns N' Roses album (or even any artist for that matter), to make the final list a bit more exciting and un-biased. And what's the rule on compilation albums, live albums, EPs, etc.?

I was thinking the same thing. Some lists that people posted last time were ridiculous, putting all Gn'R albums on it etc...

The rule was that no compilations, no live albums and no EP's. I think that's only reasonable?

Sure. ;)

I was expecting some Saturnalia on there, actually. :o

It was in contention, along with Black Love and Powder Burns. But Teenage Wristband has been running through my head all day so BB won out.