Slash's Twitter update discussion thread

Wando

Who cares if he plays with Fergie? She makes crap music, but she's got a good voice so I honestly don't have a big problem with him performing with her.

But if I were to choose a better female singer for him to perform with, it would be Amy Lee. Her voice is amazing, and she makes good music :)

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Slash: Izzy is down here putting some rhythm gtr on a track, sounds fucking cool.

Ok, that album is officially awesome now.

I hope this means that we'll ALSO get a Slash track on the new Izzy album.

I did not know Izzy was doing another album glad to hear it. Since Izzy is on Slash's maybe that was the deal between them. I will do your album if you do mine.

Slash: Izzy is down here putting some rhythm gtr on a track, sounds fucking cool.

I did not know Izzy was doing another album glad to hear it. Since Izzy is on Slash's maybe that was the deal between them. I will do your album if you do mine.

I'll jizz on your leg - you jizz on mine.

I'll jizz on your leg - you jizz on mine.

:rofl-lol: Good one!

From yesterday:

From Perla...

# playing rumicub with the girls while slash puts strings on the most beautiful ballad

I have most been looking forward to the ballads on this album because IMO Slash has been a master at laying down awesome solos on ballads throughout his career as his guitar tone and feeling just suit them so well. Given the freedom to wank away on them without being constricted by anyone since it is his album I am fully expecting some monster solos out of him. If he approaches what he did on Street Child I would be thrilled and if he reaches his GNR level with one it would be a musical orgasm for his fans. His performance on Vocalise was awesome last year, and if he took that frame of mind into his album I suspect we are going to love it. A monster Slash solo, strings and a top notch vocal (I am expecting nothing less considering the talent has lined up) is a formula for an awesome ballad. Let's hope he delivers.

Guest Apollo
not to start a debate or an argument, just a simple yes/no answer

do you think Chinese Democracy will make Slash step his game up a notch?

No.

Because Slash is a grown man and is over the past. He's putting out music for himself and for his fans. Axl has nothing to do with what Slash is doing now.

I think he's living his life NOW and isn't still hung up on a band he was in 15 years ago.

Pretty much just Adler and a group of 5-6 posters on this forum that are still obsessed with the old band and Axl. It's so weird that a group of posters on here have more anger and emotion about it than the actual members of the band that were involved. Pretty pathetic.

Guest Apollo
not to start a debate or an argument, just a simple yes/no answer

do you think Chinese Democracy will make Slash step his game up a notch?

No.

Because Slash is a grown man and is over the past. He's putting out music for himself and for his fans. Axl has nothing to do with what Slash is doing now.

I think he's living his life NOW and isn't still hung up on a band he was in 15 years ago.

Pretty much just Adler and a group of 5-6 posters on this forum that are still obsessed with the old band and Axl. It's so weird that a group of posters on here have more anger and emotion about it than the actual members of the band that were involved. Pretty pathetic.

No, it is pathetic to be obsessed with the new band. Because I can sum up their future in one word. Nothing.

Are you for real?

You think it's more pathetic to like a band that put out an album within the last six months . . . than it is to be grousing and harping about a break-up that happened FIFTEEN years ago??? You don't think it's pathetic for a "fan" to be more pissed off and angry about it, than the ACTUAL BAND MEMBERS are?????

It's awesome that Slash and Duff and Izzy have moved on. Like mature adults do.

It's pathetic that some "fans" cannot do the same thing. But keep your whining and crying about it. I'm sure if you cry enough about what a bad guy Axl is . . . . he'll eventually read your comments and it will make him feel really bad about himself.

And if you want to get technical about it . . . . would it be pathetic to be obsessed with a band that lost it's lead singer and got dropped from it's label???? When the most well-known member of that band CANNOT keep a lead singer in any of his bands for too much time. Gnr. Snakepit had two singers on two albums. VR lost their singer and is trying to find another one. HHmmm. Notice a trend here? Of course not. Some of you Slash lovers blame Axl for Weidland leaving VR!!!!

I don't understand why a select small group of you people have to compare everything Slash/Duff and Axl do. And I don't understand why you are still bitching and moaning and crying about everything Axl does.

They've all went their seperate ways.

Everybody involved all are working on the music THEY want to work on.

We ALL wish they would have remained friends and stayed together. But guess what. THEY DIDN'T.

Crying on a forum every day about how bad Axl is isn't going to change anything.

Like I've said a million times. Slash, Duff and Izzy have moved on with their lives. Maybe you should too. All you Axl haters who blame Axl for everything should be HAPPY as can be. You've got your dream members of GnR together - Slash/Duff and Matt (Wonder why Izzy doesn't play with them?) - and you don't have the oh-so-evil Axl around them anymore.

You have Slash's solo album coming up. Hopefully you have another VR album in the future. Be happy.

Poor Baby.

Back in the studio today but I'm having a hard time concentrating. #fb

26 minutes ago from txt

sorry JIS I posted the same time you did.

Edited by sleeper

Are you for real?

You think it's more pathetic to like a band that put out an album within the last six months . . . than it is to be grousing and harping about a break-up that happened FIFTEEN years ago??? You don't think it's pathetic for a "fan" to be more pissed off and angry about it, than the ACTUAL BAND MEMBERS are?????

It's awesome that Slash and Duff and Izzy have moved on. Like mature adults do.

It's pathetic that some "fans" cannot do the same thing. But keep your whining and crying about it. I'm sure if you cry enough about what a bad guy Axl is . . . . he'll eventually read your comments and it will make him feel really bad about himself.

And if you want to get technical about it . . . . would it be pathetic to be obsessed with a band that lost it's lead singer and got dropped from it's label???? When the most well-known member of that band CANNOT keep a lead singer in any of his bands for too much time. Gnr. Snakepit had two singers on two albums. VR lost their singer and is trying to find another one. HHmmm. Notice a trend here? Of course not. Some of you Slash lovers blame Axl for Weidland leaving VR!!!!

I don't understand why a select small group of you people have to compare everything Slash/Duff and Axl do. And I don't understand why you are still bitching and moaning and crying about everything Axl does.

They've all went their seperate ways.

Everybody involved all are working on the music THEY want to work on.

We ALL wish they would have remained friends and stayed together. But guess what. THEY DIDN'T.

Crying on a forum every day about how bad Axl is isn't going to change anything.

Like I've said a million times. Slash, Duff and Izzy have moved on with their lives. Maybe you should too. All you Axl haters who blame Axl for everything should be HAPPY as can be. You've got your dream members of GnR together - Slash/Duff and Matt (Wonder why Izzy doesn't play with them?) - and you don't have the oh-so-evil Axl around them anymore.

You have Slash's solo album coming up. Hopefully you have another VR album in the future. Be happy.

Can you keep your hooray for tolerance!ry to just a couple of sentences? Took a long time for me to scroll past this dribble.

Apollo

Since you got techinal the label did not drop them the band ask out of the contract. And I do not know about any of the other singers but Scott has said several times that he and Slash did not have problems between them. And I do not think I have ever heard anyone blame Axl for Scott getting fired from VR. And since you brought up trends Axl's track record for keeping band members in general is a lot worse than Slash's record with singers.

Edited by sleeper

That tells you how dedicated he is to his music. 3 days after he loses his mother, he's back in the studio. Hope he channels the emotion into his solos.

I bet he's trying to stay busy with his music because he's so sad about his mom's passing. I feel so bad for him.

Update from Slash:

Ola Hudson

Hello all, as some of you may already know, my mom (Ola Hudson) died 6:30am last Friday morning of Lung Cancer. This is a difficult time, but I have to share with you that she was the sweetest, warmest, most loving human being I've ever known (next to my grandmother on her side), as well as one of the most creative & talented. She was also the coolest Rock & Roll mom a Rock junkie like myself could ever possibly want to have. She was responsible for exposing me to a lot of the music that would influence me as a musician growing up. As well as introducing me to "the life" & priming me to survive this crazy business that I'm now in. But more importantly, she turned me on to all different forms of art & the importance of artistic self expression & creative communication thru music & dance from as early on as I can remember. She really was all things artistic & creative personified & the world is a lesser place without her.

I still haven't grasped fully that she is gone & this is going to take some time to process. But, I have gotten a lot of really genuine condolences from many of you & I want to tell you that I appreciate it more than you can possibly know. My family & I thank you for your support.

Sincerely,

Slash

It is completely disgusting by the way that Slash can remember to give a weekly update on Myspace a few days after his mother dies of lung cancer and his former bandmate can't be bothered to leave his house much less think of communicating with his fans.

Slash has an awful lot of character and is a stand up guy for sure. It is awesome that even in a time of crisis he remembers those (his fans) that root for and have helped get him to the place he is in life now.