Slash's Twitter update discussion thread

Wando

That was a cool session, very memorable. #fb

about 3 hours ago from txt

He's gotta basically be done now.

UPDATE: I'd say he's got 1 song left to record

May 28, 2009

Adler said he'll return home from Australia later this week where he'll record a track on the upcoming solo album by former GN'R member Slash.

"I'm so happy that Slash asked me to be on this album and I record with him as soon as I return home," he said.

Blabbermouth.net

Edited by Johnny Utah

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That was a cool session, very memorable. #fb

about 3 hours ago from txt

He's gotta basically be done now.

UPDATE: I'd say he's got 1 song left to record

May 28, 2009

Adler said he'll return home from Australia later this week where he'll record a track on the upcoming solo album by former GN'R member Slash.

"I'm so happy that Slash asked me to be on this album and I record with him as soon as I return home," he said.

Blabbermouth.net

Adler might be the finishing touch!

Well, it sounds like this album will be awesome.

I just hope it really is :) The problem with reading updates from the ones who write the songs, is that they always think they wrote the best shit ever.. otherwise they wouldn't put it out there (at least, that's what I like to believe). Anyways, I always get pumped up about it, thinking it will be awesome, and that always sets me up for at least some mild dissapointment.

So be careful with reading all those comments, it's much better to hear the new album without all those expectations!

May 29, 2009 - Friday

weekly update

Hey all, how's it going? I've been really busy with recording etc, I haven't been keeping in touch.

Outside of working on the record things have been quiet. No VR updates as of this writing, but I'm anxious to see something happen with an amazing frontman for the band in the not too distant future, whoever that might be.

My gig at the Quart Fest is coming up in Norway, June 30th. Which, is starting to come together. I'll post who all's playing next week, but it's a great line-up & the songs so far are shaping up to be a really great set.

As far as the record goes, we're almost done with vocals, 2 more songs left & a couple odds & ends. Then, I can stand back & see what we've got. It is a fucking awesome ensemble, that much I do know, with brilliant performances from each & every singer. I do hope to have a release date soon, but I can assure you, as I said before, it won't be this year. It will, most definitely, be out be very early in the new year. Even though the recording process is almost done, the legal logistics involved with so many different artists takes a minute to iron out.

When the record is released I plan on posting what gear was used on what songs; guitars, amps etc. Although, most of it was done with one guitar & 2 amps. A lot of interesting mike set-ups though. The record is being recorded anolog as well, this might be one of the last rock & roll records to be recorded that way, no joke. So, of course, I have to release it on vinyl, as well as cd.

Right then, I guess that's it. I'll have the Quart Fest line-up for you guys next week & anything else that comes up as well, have a good one.

Slash iiii||; )

Edited by Naupis

It is good to hear from Slash. At least we have news on the album and now know what the hold up is offically. I like it that he actually tells us things and does not just give us a load of bullshit.

Even though the recording process is almost done, the legal logistics involved with so many different artists takes a minute to iron out.

That is what I figured. Anyway aside from a couple of guests this should be an (at least) good album, a Slash album where he doesn't have to hold back to placate his singer's ego, with Josh Freese on the drums should be awesome instrumentally anyway

The latest updates from Big Chris, who produced Slash's demos for his album.

Just heard the "safe in your cage" master. Sounds bad to the bone!!

7:49 AM May 28th from Twitterrific

Just listened to "your friends can come too" master Sounds amazing! Slash is shredding! This ep Is gonna rock

9:00 PM May 28th from Twitterrific

Slash shredding.. rock3rock4:D

It is good to hear from Slash. At least we have news on the album and now know what the hold up is offically. I like it that he actually tells us things and does not just give us a load of bullshit.

axl may want to take note that their is a way to keep your fans updated w/out having to talk to the media and doing so in pretty quick fashion; or would that also make him a whore?

For once I`d like to hear an artist working on something admiting it`s not going to be his best work ever.

While it will be nearly impossible to top his success and work in Guns, Slash's CD has a chance to be pretty fucking awesome when you look at the level of talent he has surrounded himself with on this album.

I always thought musically Snakepit kicked ass, but the singers did absolutely nothing for me. With the roster of singers he will have I am almost positive that will no longer be a problem, and Josh Freese is a stud on drums and Chris Chaney is a very accomplished session musician on the Bass.

With Slash having the freedom to rip away on totally self indulgent and wanky solos coupled with high level vocals and a very above average rythm section I see no reason not to have extremely high expectations for this album.

It is a once in a lifetime opportunity for him to assemble that kind of roster of such accomplished singers, and he probably knows that. So I totally expect him to blow his wad on it as there is no second chances or do overs.

For once I`d like to hear an artist working on something admiting it`s not going to be his best work ever.

Then why would anyone want to waste their money on something the artist didn't put their all into?

Exactly.

Not only that.......I don't think anyone would want to "work on anything" and not think they are doing a good job or the best that they could do.

Sebastian Bach sent the following message to Slash yesterday via Twitter:

@slashhudson all these updates abt vocals, are you singing now ? If u aren't who is ?

Kinda interesting

Agreed I wonder if Slash will answer him