Slash's Twitter update discussion thread

Wando

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

final stretch of recording, not mixing, mastering, getting the artwork done, finding a label to release it, finding a slot on that label's calendar a good release date, setting up the press tour, the tour, finding a touring band...

1) The first four things could be done in the next 2 months.

2) Finding the label to release it (with all the starpower on it) will be easy and could be done in the next 2 months as well

3) Setting up a press tour wouldn't be that difficult either, and I think he already has a backing band (one that played with him on AI)

4) It's not even the middle of the 5th month of the year. This could easily come out. I mean hell Kid Rock is touring this summer and I just read an interview that he's in the studio now writing/recording a new album and hopes he'll have it out by November.

Seems like he probably has bigger plans for it in terms of visibility and promotion than just putting it out there on Koch or whatever. That takes time especially when he's doing this thing without a label. If he had been signed with a label that greenlit it and was behind the project it would be another story

Another thing that people are ignoring is that he has to get all these other musicians' appearances cleared by their record labels. He can record all he wants, but he can't put out music with all these major label singers without getting their appearance cleared by their labels

I'm hoping it has something to do with VR. They haven't said anything about that for a while....hmmmm......

VR is dead. Nobody aside from Sorum seems to care. Duff is talking about how he almost left the music business because of VR, Slash is doing his solo thing, and Sorum seems to be getting desperate because he needs VR way more than those guys. They still make an absurd amount of money from GNR royalties, he makes next to nothing because he didn't write anything

Appearances by Fergie and Levine aside, I think most people are more interested in the Slash solo album than another VR album

Edited by shotgunblues1978

If Slash's solo album is even just a moderate success, I can't see him going through the whole VR process all over again.

Sadly I think we might have to wait and hope for a GnR reunion before we see Slashman and Duffman together again. Oh, what a glorious day that would be.

Failing that, Slash should definitely jam Dust N' Bones with Loaded at some stage.

If Slash's solo album is even just a moderate success, I can't see him going through the whole VR process all over again.

Sadly I think we might have to wait and hope for a GnR reunion before we see Slashman and Duffman together again. Oh, what a glorious day that would be.

Failing that, Slash should definitely jam Dust N' Bones with Loaded at some stage.

Nah, you're wrong.

For all we know the delay in the solo album release is because of VR. But even if it isn't that doesn't change Slash's opinion of VR imo. When the solo thing runs its course Slash still needs (or wants) a BAND with a singer,etc. Not to mention they already have the new VR material written.

I hope you are wrong but we'll just have to wait and see. Slash, Duff, and Matt should write music together, it's that simple, and you can add Izzy to that too. I love Axl, but his overproduced and overwrought music is great when it's new, but I find it difficult to come back to after I get used to it. VR's music has a lot more staying power. Anyways, there's lots of cool music out there that I have discovered and will continue to. But these guys (including Axl) somehow just capture my interest more than others.

Anyways, if Slash is right and they have the most kick ass GN'R album in instrumental form (or whatever it was he said), how can he not focus 100% on getting the right guy to sing on it and put it out there and blow nu Guns away? If he can make that statement to Axl and the GN'R world then it'd be quite the checkmate. Axl would be the ideal singer but you can't rely on him to not work on it for years, while adding a dozen vocal layers and effects to every song, plus orchestra and guest musicians who have that certain sound he needs. Who needs this kind of drama? Not Slash and Duff, I don't think.

Edited by KBear

It's hard to guage the VR commitment from the latest info we have. But they clearly were auditioning tons of singers and there's no reason to think they were going through such a painful, time consuming process like that unless they have every intention of moving it forward. Sounds like they got a little burned out and needed a break, plus Slash's solo album finally had to take precedence if he was going to pump that out.

Does seem like it's in Slash's core DNA to be a band guy, so my money would be on him, Duff and Matt soldiering on whether it's in VR or under a new band name. Just think he needed this break for himself with the solo album and knowing how important this VR singer selection is he's not gonna settle for anyone he sees as less than superstar material even if Duff finds other guys "perfect".

Even if the solo album is a monster success, most money these days is in touring and he loves being on the road and playing, so don't see him shelving a band situation unless they just can't find "the guy". And they will find him eventually...

Edited by Turn_It_Up

I tend to agree about VR.

I don't think so. They're really liking what they're doing now and taking it serioiusly, but it seems like they all see VR as the main thing.

Which, of course, is dependent on finding a new singer.

I believe they have looked for a singer but it has been over a year and I just don't think they are going to find one. I agree Slash needs a band but VR might be over. It would be sad to see Slash and Duff split but that might be what has to happen. For Slash to move forward with putting a new band together. I hope I am wrong about VR I would be happy to eat these words.

I hope you are wrong but we'll just have to wait and see. Slash, Duff, and Matt should write music together, it's that simple, and you can add Izzy to that too. I love Axl, but his overproduced and overwrought music is great when it's new, but I find it difficult to come back to after I get used to it. VR's music has a lot more staying power. Anyways, there's lots of cool music out there that I have discovered and will continue to. But these guys (including Axl) somehow just capture my interest more than others.

Anyways, if Slash is right and they have the most kick ass GN'R album in instrumental form (or whatever it was he said), how can he not focus 100% on getting the right guy to sing on it and put it out there and blow nu Guns away? If he can make that statement to Axl and the GN'R world then it'd be quite the checkmate. Axl would be the ideal singer but you can't rely on him to not work on it for years, while adding a dozen vocal layers and effects to every song, plus orchestra and guest musicians who have that certain sound he needs. Who needs this kind of drama? Not Slash and Duff, I don't think.

d

i wonder how that "most kick ass GnR instrumental album" would sell if they had adam lambert on vocals and it was marketed as GnR w/ lambert on vocals? though i'm not sure how that would go over for some, there's no doubt the guys got the range, voice as well as a built in fan base.

Edited by jmapelian

i wonder how that "most kick ass GnR instrumental album" would sell if they had adam lambert on vocals and it was marketed as GnR w/ lambert on vocals?

Wicked kewl!

New Twitter update

Meeting up with Andrew Stockdale (Wolfmother) tonight, should be cool. #fb

about 18 hours ago from txt

Holy mother of Satan!!! I totally missed this. The combination of Andrew's voice sound and Slash' guitar sound will be killer!!!! And what a coinscidence...I was driving to work the other day, while listening to Wolfmother. The thought that ran through my mind was how perfect this singer's voice would fit the VR sound and in particular Slash' guitar sound. And now we have him on the solo record!!!!! I bet that song will be my personal favorite.

andrew stockdale wrote this about his song w/ slash:

Had a great jam with Slash and his crew last night, I think we may well have an epic on our hands, with a monumental solo of course!!!!

11:08 AM May 3rd from web

Roy-

Did you happen to see this comment from Stockdale about his jam with Slash. From the way he is talking it is going to be quite a tune as he seems excited. You thought it would be your favorite before, if it lives up to his hype it will be a virtual wet dream for you.

New Twitter update

Holy mother of Satan!!! I totally missed this. The combination of Andrew's voice sound and Slash' guitar sound will be killer!!!! And what a coinscidence...I was driving to work the other day, while listening to Wolfmother. The thought that ran through my mind was how perfect this singer's voice would fit the VR sound and in particular Slash' guitar sound. And now we have him on the solo record!!!!! I bet that song will be my personal favorite.

Men that would be so fucking cool...!

New Twitter update

Men that would be so fucking cool...!

i read an online interview with stockdale where he said slash may lay dowm a few guitar tracks on wolfmothers upcoming album as well

andrew stockdale wrote this about his song w/ slash:

Had a great jam with Slash and his crew last night, I think we may well have an epic on our hands, with a monumental solo of course!!!!

11:08 AM May 3rd from web

Roy-

Did you happen to see this comment from Stockdale about his jam with Slash. From the way he is talking it is going to be quite a tune as he seems excited. You thought it would be your favorite before, if it lives up to his hype it will be a virtual wet dream for you.

Thanks Naupis!!!

And Slash laying down a few guitar tracks on the next Wolfmother album would be equally awesome. The good times are coming people, the good times are coming!!! Now, if we could only get a confirmed tour for NewGNR, and a singer for VR in the nearby future, then I predict 2 very very very enjoyable upcoming years for us fans. YIHAAAA!!!! rock3

I read that the delay for Slash's album is partially due to having to get clearence from all the guest artists labels...

Ha, where did you read that?

My guess is you read somebody speculating right here in this thread.

It's probably the best guess we have so far. Another reason might be that he's recorded all the instrumental parts but needs the rest of the singers to come in and sing. Might be difficult to schedule convenient times for them as well.