Slash's Twitter update discussion thread

Wando

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Apollo
I know there'll always be some Slash-haters calling him a sellout but fuck 'em.

Agreed.

Idol would be fun and a great way for Slash to promote himself, his solo album, VR and GnR.

I'd love to come watch some American Idol with you dead flower. Sounds like a fun time!

I know there'll always be some Slash-haters calling him a sellout but fuck 'em.

Agreed.

Idol would be fun and a great way for Slash to promote himself, his solo album, VR and GnR.

I'd love to come watch some American Idol with you dead flower. Sounds like a fun time!

This will, sadly, be the biggest GN'R event of Spring 2009.

I wouldn't be shocked to see Slash up on stage playing for a song or two either. Other mentors have performed as well, but it was usually with a contestant from years past on day 2 that week.

I'm guessing rock week is next week (May 5 and 6).

Mentors don't actually do a lot. Most seem to just say "uh, yeah, that's good. If you sing it like that you'll do amazing!" Then Simon basically comes on and says the performance was over indulgent rubbish and he couldn't wait for it to end. In all honesty though, at this point in the competition there probably isn't anyone left who isn't at least very good, and two or three of these guys have been great the whole way through. Watch for Adam and Allison specifically.

Should I be ashamed that I know this much about the show? If you say yes then quite simply, if Slash does the show then it is instantly cool, and therefore so must I be for watching it all season.

Edited by KBear

It's cool and all, but what does Slash know about mentoring people?

Quentin Tarantino was a mentor.

sure, but Tarantino makes a living telling people what to do.

Slash plays guitar, I can't see it working...

WTF are you talking about? Slash is a world famous musician who's collaborated with artists/singers in almost every genre. Seems like a pretty good resume to me for mentoring on a music show.

I hope he does it. Anything to stop this onslaught of Susan Boyle videos is greatly appreciated..

-Kickingthehabit

amen to that

I can see the next update: Just came down from the studio, Susan was awesome

Do not go on Amercian Idol!!!!!!

I could see why you would say that, but he's got a solo album coming and he'd be on TV in front of 20 Million plus people so I could see why he'd do it.

I thought you don't like the notion of him alienating half of his fan base?

Do not go on Amercian Idol!!!!!!

I could see why you would say that, but he's got a solo album coming and he'd be on TV in front of 20 Million plus people so I could see why he'd do it.

I thought you don't like the notion of him alienating half of his fan base?

Promoting yourself in front of over 20 million people is the exact opposite of that smart guy.

I'd say 97% of your fanbase would like to see you do well and be on the biggest show on television doing your thing. Hence them being fans.

Lemmy!

And can everyone fuck off with the selling out thing. The idea of a musician having some sort of "cool vibe" that is immediatly destroyed with them doing something as trivial as appearing on a tv show for money and promotion is ridiculous, they can do what they want to do, not what their fans think is "cool" and "real". It would take very little of his time to gain some mass exposure for his record which I'm sure he wants to promote.

I'm going to attempt to make "Rock Week" on American Idol exactly that. # fb

37 minutes ago from txt

:D I can't wait to see this. If Jaime Foxx can pull it off, Slash deffiantly will.

Haha, AWESOME! Some douche will probably wanna do Poision and Slash will punch them in the face in front of 30 million. :rofl-lol: I can't wait.