Slash's Twitter update discussion thread

Wando

Wow, just clicked on Slash's list of people he's following, and was quite surprised

to see none other than the great Sebastian Bach......he's probally waiting for him

to accept his offer to front VR, maybe Slash has finally decided to give him a chance.

Maybe his song on the solo album convinced him.

Bach is amazing, I never understood why Slash didn't pick him, he fits so perfect and his voice is amazing. Can't wait to hear him with Slash.

Didn't Slash say that the problem they ran across auditioning him was that everything sounded like Skid Row?

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, just clicked on Slash's list of people he's following, and was quite surprised

to see none other than the great Sebastian Bach......he's probally waiting for him

to accept his offer to front VR, maybe Slash has finally decided to give him a chance.

Bach is amazing, I never understood why Slash didn't pick him, he fits so perfect and his voice is amazing. Can't wait to hear him with Slash.

Didn't Slash say that the problem they ran across auditioning him was that everything sounded like Skid Row?

He referred to it as Skid N Roses sounding.

I actually kinda wish they would've stuck it out with Josh and Keith (I think that's his name) from Buckcherry instead of having got Scott and Dave. Although I have no idea what kinda sound they were coming up with, it just seems like a better idea.

Baz was cool back on the first Skid Row record, and even cooler on Slave to the Grind but ever since then not so mcuh. His voice brings immediate thoughts of 80's "hair metal", and by that I mean Skid Row, Poison, Warrant, etc. Not GNR. They were different. I think Slash and Duff understand this clearly, and dont want to be seen as an 80's hair band throwback or something. They dont wanna sound dated. At least thats the impression ive gotten from interviews

let's put a pin on that theory...

According to Slash's Twitter He's been doing some skits with Conan O'Brien today selling guitars on Craigslist and then it's them that show up at the houses.

Haha, that should be cool to see.

I saw this on his Twitter also. I can see it now hanging around the house and the door bell rings open the door and there stands Slash. :rolleyes:

According to Slash's Twitter He's been doing some skits with Conan O'Brien today selling guitars on Craigslist and then it's them that show up at the houses.

Haha, that should be cool to see.

I saw this on his Twitter also. I can see it now hanging around the house and the door bell rings open the door and there stands Slash. :rolleyes:

and that tall fucker Conan. :rofl-lol: That would be great.

Sebastian said he's not gunna be on Slash's solo album.

Damn, I heard he was. That's too bad if it's true, I was really looking forward to it.

Baz was cool back on the first Skid Row record, and even cooler on Slave to the Grind but ever since then not so mcuh. His voice brings immediate thoughts of 80's "hair metal", and by that I mean Skid Row, Poison, Warrant, etc. Not GNR. They were different. I think Slash and Duff understand this clearly, and dont want to be seen as an 80's hair band throwback or something. They dont wanna sound dated. At least thats the impression ive gotten from interviews

I really don't think it's fair to compare Skid Row to Poison and Warrant just because they

came out around the same time. Don't get me wrong, I like all 3 groups, but Skid Row is

far from the other two. Remember, it's not Skid Row joining VR, It's just BAZ! Believe it or

not, it won't even be SKid Row writing the songs for VR either......Bottom line is Baz's voice

would be a great addition. I sure don't want some old grunge singer from the 90s, PLEASE

ANYTHING BUT THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sebastian said he's not gunna be on Slash's solo album.

Damn, I heard he was. That's too bad if it's true, I was really looking forward to it.

I really don't think it's fair to compare Skid Row to Poison and Warrant just because they

came out around the same time. Don't get me wrong, I like all 3 groups, but Skid Row is

far from the other two. Remember, it's not Skid Row joining VR, It's just BAZ! Believe it or

not, it won't even be SKid Row writing the songs for VR either......Bottom line is Baz's voice

would be a great addition. I sure don't want some old grunge singer from the 90s, PLEASE

ANYTHING BUT THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

damn i always thought your VR with Baz sig was a joke

what does #fb mean? He uses it in most of his posts

That is a good question I have been wondering about that also. I think fb has something to with face book but I am not sure.

Edited by sleeper

I know it says Twitter updates but there are other myspaces on here. News from Slash

April 24, 2009 - Friday

weekly update!

Hey, I hope everybody is doing well, these are some pretty harsh times we're experiencing at present. But, I feel optimistic that things are going to get better in relatively short order. I have faith in our new president, especially after 8 years of having absolutely no faith in the last one whatsoever. Obama seems to be on the path to righteousness, I guess we'll just have to watch & wait.

Anyway, hard at work in the studio, we are 6 tracks into it & it sounds really great, great playing & super killer tones, not to mention stellar vocals so far. I'm still not at liberty to publically divulge any singer's names, but trust me, they're amazing. I know a lot of you out there know who at least some of them are.

I will however, give you working titles for a couple songs; "we're all gonna die" is one, "These last words" is another. There is one song called "Crucify the dead" & another called "Beautiful, dangerous. We have about 8 songs left to record & I'm really excited about every one.

On the VR front, not a whole lot news to report singerwise , which is a drag. But, this is one of those situations where just when you're ready to give up, something great happens. So, we're hanging in there until then, no matter what.

That seems to be all that's fit to update, other then I missed Jeff Beck 2 nights in a row this week, which is a bummer. I did record some bitchin' guitar stuff instead though.........but still.

Ok boys & girls, gotta go, see you next week.

Yeah, I saw that. Don't see the point of getting political, but atleast he's keeping us updated.

Not saying I agree or disagree with the political statement given by Slash. But I have the same problem with the political views being stated. Both Slash and Duff seem to think that their fans are intrested in their poltical views. Duff is constantly stating his views in his blogs. JMO

Yeah, I saw that. Don't see the point of getting political, but atleast he's keeping us updated.

Not saying I agree or disagree with the political statement given by Slash. But I have the same problem with the political views being stated. Both Slash and Duff seem to think that their fans are intrested in their poltical views. Duff is constantly stating his views in his blogs. JMO

Yeah well a lot of people are excited about our new Prez and can't help talking about him. Our last "leader" nearly destroyed our financial system and was responsible for thousands and thousands of deaths (US and Iraqi) due to a war of choice. So yeah if I had a platform I'd show Obama some love too. Peace.

Well, they're blogs. That's what they were originally intended as - people stating their opinion. Like a newspaper column, without the newspaper. Only later did they become means of updating info on projects for companies and artists and the likes.

Well, they're blogs. That's what they were originally intended as - people stating their opinion. Like a newspaper column, without the newspaper. Only later did they become means of updating info on projects for companies and artists and the likes.

1) No they're out there to keep fans updated

2) Stating your political opinions (when you're in the public eye and not a politician) is always STUPID. You're not changing anyone's mind, all you're doing is potentially putting off around half your fan base. Real smart.

Edit: Oh and to that kool aid drinking Evergreen Layne above: A lot of people aren't excited about the new Prez and what's he's doing or wants to do pal. And a Prez (and Congress) deciding to fight to liberate another country isn't "killing" thousands of people you fucking wack job. And you saying Bush "nearly destroyed" the financial system shows that you don't know jack shit about the actual issues.

Edited by Johnny Utah

1) No they're out there to keep fans updated

2) Stating your political opinions (when you're in the public eye and not a politician) is always STUPID. You're not changing anyone's mind, all you're doing is potentially putting off around half your fan base. Real smart.

Edit: Oh and to that kool aid drinking Evergreen Layne above: A lot of people aren't excited about the new Prez and what's he's doing or wants to do pal. And a Prez (and Congress) deciding to fight to liberate another country isn't "killing" thousands of people you fucking wack job. And you saying Bush "nearly destroyed" the financial system shows that you don't know jack shit about the actual issues.

Dude, give it a bloody rest already. It's Slash's offhand opinion posted on a twitter account, it shouldn't inspire anyone to be turned off to his music.

Besides, you know you'd be whistling a totally different tune if he was praising the other party.

Your burning political bias is so very unbecoming. Let music just be music, not everything has to be a battle over your political party feeling stymied.