Slash's Twitter update discussion thread

Wando

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I caught the whole thing thank God Slash was on first. He did School's Out. The band sounded great but having 4 singers trying to out do each other and all sharing vocals totally screwed up Alice's song. He was asked by the Ryan person about his solo album but Slash's would not reveal any details about the artist on the album. Slash has always been soft spoken but he sounded like he might have a cold or something tonight. He looked great as usual.

Here's a better one:

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseacti...ideoID=56993157

Oh, and in case you didn't know, Adam did a studio recording of Whole Lotta Love that is on iTunes. There's a youtube video with the audio here: (full song instead of just the portion he sang on the show)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v2pc9ep1hf4

Edited by centaurmyst

Here's a better one:

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseacti...ideoID=56993157

Oh, and in case you didn't know, Adam did a studio recording of Whole Lotta Love that is on iTunes. There's a youtube video with the audio here: (full song instead of just the portion he sang on the show)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v2pc9ep1hf4

Thanks for that, oh and welcome to the forum.

2 most recent tweets:

I've got a R & R icon coming in to do vocals today, I wish I could say who it is. #fb

about 1 hour ago from txt

Alison didn't deserve to be voted off AI so soon, she has amazing potential. #fb

about 3 hours ago from txt

Right about Alison. Easily shoulda been Adam and her in finals, but they are the 2 that really don't need to win IDOL and would probably be far better off not winning. At this point, show needs Adam much more than he needs it...

2 most recent tweets:

I've got a R & R icon coming in to do vocals today, I wish I could say who it is. #fb

about 1 hour ago from txt

Alison didn't deserve to be voted off AI so soon, she has amazing potential. #fb

about 3 hours ago from txt

Right about Alison. Easily shoulda been Adam and her in finals, but they are the 2 that really don't need to win IDOL and would probably be far better off not winning. At this point, show needs Adam much more than he needs it...

I hope the rnr icon is Steven Tyler. He was in LA on Sunday night. So it is possible.

I feel bad for Allison but she will do well.

^ Steven Tyler is who I automatically thought of actually. He would be a superb addition to the album..... Slash has a rock song that needs some serious vocal pipes? Send in the Tyler.... lol

Anyone want to explain what the Apocolypse snippet is we hear on Slash's myspace? Hadnt heard it before and have no idea what it is.... Snippet from album?

LA

^ Steven Tyler is who I automatically thought of actually. He would be a superb addition to the album..... Slash has a rock song that needs some serious vocal pipes? Send in the Tyler.... lol

Anyone want to explain what the Apocolypse snippet is we hear on Slash's myspace? Hadnt heard it before and have no idea what it is.... Snippet from album?

LA

It's a ringtone Slash recorded for people to use.

Steven Tyler would make a lot of people very happy.

I hope it happens.

But he is recording a new album with Aerosmith, so Slash's solo album might not be a high priority for him just atm.

Actually Aeromsith is going on tour with ZZ Top before they even finish the album, but either way none of that would stop him from spending a day recording a song with Slash.

Steven Tyler would make a lot of people very happy.

I hope it happens.

But he is recording a new album with Aerosmith, so Slash's solo album might not be a high priority for him just atm.

We'll probably know soon enough. Slash's wife Perla has a pretty seriously big mouth when it comes to Slash's professional business.

Hey this is PURE SPECULATION on my part, but I thought it was interesting that according to Chris Cornell's twitter, he is recording vocals for some unspecified thing on the same day that Slash says a "rock and roll icon" is coming in for vocals. Woah, right?

Hey this is PURE SPECULATION on my part, but I thought it was interesting that according to Chris Cornell's twitter, he is recording vocals for some unspecified thing on the same day that Slash says a "rock and roll icon" is coming in for vocals. Woah, right?

How awesome would that be? While I'm not confident CC will be on the album(though it would be perfect timing for him to redeem himself with a kick-ass rocker with Slash given his Scream debacle), the past tweet from Slash stating "Tom Morello is a saint" has stuck in my mind. With him and Morello being good friends, did Morello OK him having CC on the album or even help him reach CC's manager/publicist or something? Morello obviously had the big falling out with Cornell, so the comment about him being a saint makes me pause. Also, funny as it seems, was the Asian Slash thing a playful clue?

Pretty damn good bet Tyler will be on this. He and Ozzy were the first 2 mentioned in various articles and would be shocked if he doesn't have a track...

Edited by Turn_It_Up

It would be great.