Slash's Twitter update discussion thread

Wando

Yeah, I saw that. Don't see the point of getting political, but atleast he's keeping us updated.

Not saying I agree or disagree with the political statement given by Slash. But I have the same problem with the political views being stated. Both Slash and Duff seem to think that their fans are intrested in their poltical views. Duff is constantly stating his views in his blogs. JMO

Well, they're blogs. That's what they were originally intended as - people stating their opinion. Like a newspaper column, without the newspaper. Only later did they become means of updating info on projects for companies and artists and the likes.

2) Stating your political opinions (when you're in the public eye and not a politician) is always STUPID. You're not changing anyone's mind, all you're doing is potentially putting off around half your fan base. Real smart.

You're not changing anyone's mind by posting on this forum either, but you still do. What's the difference?

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I saw that. Don't see the point of getting political, but atleast he's keeping us updated.

Not saying I agree or disagree with the political statement given by Slash. But I have the same problem with the political views being stated. Both Slash and Duff seem to think that their fans are intrested in their poltical views. Duff is constantly stating his views in his blogs. JMO

Well, they're blogs. That's what they were originally intended as - people stating their opinion. Like a newspaper column, without the newspaper. Only later did they become means of updating info on projects for companies and artists and the likes.

2) Stating your political opinions (when you're in the public eye and not a politician) is always STUPID. You're not changing anyone's mind, all you're doing is potentially putting off around half your fan base. Real smart.

You're not changing anyone's mind by posting on this forum either, but you still do. What's the difference?

:rolleyes: Like I said earlier. I'm not a person in the public eye so I don't alienate half of my fans by posting political opinions. I mean it's just not smart to get into that. I don't see how that's hard to understand. :rolleyes:

OMG I do not watch American Idol the 2 or 3 times I tried it turned me off. Some people will say that Slash appearing on that show is a sell out. But in reality it is a good business move. 30 million people a night watch that show. If you are in the process of promoting a new cd what better way to get you product talked about and for free at that. And by the way I will watch Slash on anything.

OMG I do not watch American Idol the 2 or 3 times I tried it turned me off. Some people will say that Slash appearing on that show is a sell out. But in reality it is a good business move. 30 million people a night watch that show. If you are in the process of promoting a new cd what better way to get you product talked about and for free at that. And by the way I will watch Slash on anything.

Agh I can't stand it when people claim a band has "sold out" because of something like that. Slash's career involves selling records and playing gigs, and the more people he can get to follow him the better. I bet showing up on American Idol would increase his album sales by at least 200,000. Good for him.

Bon Jovi did it in 2007 and the next week they had nearly 10 (can't remember the exact number) singles on the top 100 chart. It's a great promotion tool.

I know there'll always be some Slash-haters calling him a sellout but fuck 'em. They don't call it the music business for no reason.

Edited by Deniz

:rolleyes: Like I said earlier. I'm not a person in the public eye so I don't alienate half of my fans by posting political opinions. I mean it's just not smart to get into that. I don't see how that's hard to understand. :rolleyes:

Agh, let the guy be himself and speak his mind. So, some don't like his political views. What? They won't be fans anymore? Just for that? I thought it was the music that attracted people.

Do not go on Amercian Idol!!!!!!

Well, he's already been on everything else ... :tongue2:

I find it interesting that Slash says he was asked to go, not that he accepted. Anyways, as far as I'm concerned "selling out" is more about whether you compromise your own music, and Slash hasn't done that yet. Whether he appears on AI doesn't change his credibility as an artist. Is this any worse than Dr. Pepper and Rock Band? No, in fact I'd say it's better.

I never watched AI before but this year I decided I'd try to watch from beginning to end. It's entertaining enough for an hour after a hard day at work. At it's worst you've got people singing karaoke to lame pop songs but there are a few performers that are worth watching, they can sing like nobody's business and not only that but they change the arrangement of each song they do so that it sounds new. There are maybe three of them this year that are really worth watching. So there is some value there I guess is what I'm trying to say.

As long as VR doesn't appear on Rockstar to get their new singer, because that would be selling out. Though it is a better show than AI. As we all know, they've already confirmed they aren't interested.

Edited by KBear

Sebastian said he's not gunna be on Slash's solo album.

Damn, I heard he was. That's too bad if it's true, I was really looking forward to it.

Baz was cool back on the first Skid Row record, and even cooler on Slave to the Grind but ever since then not so mcuh. His voice brings immediate thoughts of 80's "hair metal", and by that I mean Skid Row, Poison, Warrant, etc. Not GNR. They were different. I think Slash and Duff understand this clearly, and dont want to be seen as an 80's hair band throwback or something. They dont wanna sound dated. At least thats the impression ive gotten from interviews

I really don't think it's fair to compare Skid Row to Poison and Warrant just because they

came out around the same time. Don't get me wrong, I like all 3 groups, but Skid Row is

far from the other two. Remember, it's not Skid Row joining VR, It's just BAZ! Believe it or

not, it won't even be SKid Row writing the songs for VR either......Bottom line is Baz's voice

would be a great addition. I sure don't want some old grunge singer from the 90s, PLEASE

ANYTHING BUT THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

damn i always thought your VR with Baz sig was a joke

I guess it is a joke since Baz is not really in the group. I would like him in the group

though, sorry to disappoint you.

Does anybody know when this would be? I'm assuming it would probably be next week since it's not this week because Idol contestants are doing Rat Pack Standards according to the AI site.

Next week.

It's cool and all, but what does Slash know about mentoring people?

Quentin Tarantino was a mentor.