Slash's Twitter update discussion thread

Wando

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you like the Clockwork Orange hat more?

Nah, I'm just hoping they progressevly get smaller and less tall until their non existant. It used to be cool but now the ones he wears are plasticy looking and gimicky.

He looks pretty cool just wearing a baseball cap. I hate that fucking top hat now, and you're right about the plastic. It looks awful now, which is sad :( Part of thinks he probably doesn't even want to wear it half the time, but whatever TV channel he's on basically says "No, you have to wear the top hat" for fear that nobody will recognise him. Which in a way is true, I know a few people who know him as "the guitarist with a top hat".

The tophat will always have its magic moments--it's his signature, iconic look for the masses and he needs to keep that out there.

But the backwards baseball cap with ponytail his sweetest everday look. Looks like the natural progression at his age and still very R&R.

Anything but that damn Brian Johnson cap!! :thumbsdown: :xmasssanta:

Edited by Turn_It_Up

The tophat will always have its magic moments--it's his signature, iconic look for the masses and he needs to keep that out there.

But the backwards baseball cap with ponytail his sweetest everday look. Looks like the natural progression at his age and still very R&R.

Anything but that damn Brian Johnson cap!! :thumbsdown: :xmasssanta:

I thought the Brian cap was cool. :P

Someday he'll learn you don't actually need a hat to leave your house. Maybe.

Nah, I'm just hoping they progressevly get smaller and less tall until their non existant. It used to be cool but now the ones he wears are plasticy looking and gimicky.

He looks pretty cool just wearing a baseball cap. I hate that fucking top hat now, and you're right about the plastic. It looks awful now, which is sad :( Part of thinks he probably doesn't even want to wear it half the time, but whatever TV channel he's on basically says "No, you have to wear the top hat" for fear that nobody will recognise him. Which in a way is true, I know a few people who know him as "the guitarist with a top hat".

Yeah, but come on. It's not hard to recognize Slash even without the top hat.

I also hope he loses it. He can bring it out every now and again, but when it's all the time it just doesn't feel right.

Yeah, but come on. It's not hard to recognize Slash even without the top hat.

I also hope he loses it. He can bring it out every now and again, but when it's all the time it just doesn't feel right.

Yeah I agree that Slash wearing the top hat all the time is sort of overkill. It loses its novelty when you see it constantly. I think that it should be saved for special occassions.

The Slashman should just make this his onstage image - looks way cooler than the tophat, leathers etc...

Now that's a rockstar.....

Slash_Mazur_8780821_400.jpg

LA

I like this one also.

I dunno... in shots like that he just looks like just another schmoe with a guitar...

If that schmoe plays like Slash, he'll stand out.

Guest Sweet Tooth
The Slashman should just make this his onstage image - looks way cooler than the tophat, leathers etc...

Now that's a rockstar.....

Slash_Mazur_8780821_400.jpg

LA

I like this one also.

I dunno... in shots like that he just looks like just another schmoe with a guitar...

If that schmoe plays like Slash, he'll stand out.

That's Scott Ian from Anthrax. Could this have been from the RnRHoF for Kiss? They played together then along with Gilby, Tommy Lee, Rob Zombie and Ace.

EDIT: It's not the same performance. Here's the performance I was talking about: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_nbOTMKTwU --> Look at how hard Scott rocks! rock3

EDIT2: My apologies.

Edited by Sweet Tooth

"I saw some killer footage of GNR from the late 80's/early 90's today, one of rock's greatest R & R bands, definitely."

3 minutes ago

Edit: (Posted 5 minutes later)

"I meant that in the most humble way of course. It was a really kick ass band though."

Edited by slashfan31

"I saw some killer footage of GNR from the late 80's/early 90's today, one of rock's greatest R & R bands, definitely."

3 minutes ago

Edit: (Posted 5 minutes later)

"I meant that in the most humble way of course. It was a really kick ass band though."

I partially agree with Slash. GNR was a kick ass band, but only while Steven was in it

Without him, GNR started to suck a little bit and it only got worse with the time