Slash's Twitter update discussion thread

Wando

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Even though I'm not a huge fan of his work since GNR, I must admit I'm "secretly" looking forward to checking out his Slash w/Friends project. Even though I think I can anticipate how it will sound, I'm prepared to be surprised.... :) This is mostly due to all the different musicians taking part. Andrew Stockdale, Flea, Izzy might compliment his style very well!

In fact Andrew tweeted a couple months ago: "The band played the new Slash song last night. I love that song, it's WM meets G'n'R both styles really compliment each other." Makes me hopefull...

But his tweets regarding the project is WAY past over-the-top-self-glorification level. "Did a solo today, it fuckin' ROCKS!", "Just got back from the studio, this new song is KILLER!!!", "This new album I'm working on has got an awesome sound!" (not exact quotes, but you get the picture...)

Even though I'm not a huge fan of his work since GNR, I must admit I'm "secretly" looking forward to checking out his Slash w/Friends project. Even though I think I can anticipate how it will sound, I'm prepared to be surprised.... :) This is mostly due to all the different musicians taking part. Andrew Stockdale, Flea, Izzy might compliment his style very well!

In fact Andrew tweeted a couple months ago: "The band played the new Slash song last night. I love that song, it's WM meets G'n'R both styles really compliment each other." Makes me hopefull...

But his tweets regarding the project is WAY past over-the-top-self-glorification level. "Did a solo today, it fuckin' ROCKS!", "Just got back from the studio, this new song is KILLER!!!", "This new album I'm working on has got an awesome sound!" (not exact quotes, but you get the picture...)

He's just excited about his new work. Tell me ONE artist who doesn't big their new work up?

Hmm? Oh yeah ... just one :P

He's just excited about his new work. Tell me ONE artist who doesn't big their new work up?

nice one...I guess they are just opposites...ha!

dPv

P.s. I do agree he is a little over the top with his "twitter" promotion, however, it nice to get info...

dPv

P.s. I do agree he is a little over the top with his "twitter" promotion, however, it nice to get info...

I'd rather have a little too much information than none.

Edited by Conor

dPv

I'm not argueing that NO information is the way to go.

But like I said somewhere else.... I would feel dissapointed if Axl all of a sudden started spamming us with "updates" like: "Just finished vocals on a new track, it's off-the-hook-pandemonium-CRAZY!! Like Robert Plant trying to eat Freddy Mercury in a dark black alley!! While Rob Halford is cheering them on! You guys are gonna LOVE IT TO DEATH!!! Oh! And check out the new car I just bought! Isn't it rad?"

dPv

But like I said somewhere else.... I would feel dissapointed if Axl all of a sudden started spamming us with "updates" like: "Just finished vocals on a new track, it's off-the-hook-pandemonium-CRAZY!! Like Robert Plant trying to eat Freddy Mercury in a dark black alley!! While Rob Halford is cheering them on! You guys are gonna LOVE IT TO DEATH!!! Oh! And check out the new car I just bought! Isn't it rad?"

The man is happy with his life and family and overjoyed that he is getting to work on this album. I for one look forward to his and Duff's updates. Most people that know Slash say that he is shy and humble. I am sure he is not trying to be "over the top". As far as Axl goes he could continuely post go to hell on twitter and everyone would be glad they were at least getting something. JMO

dPv

I know you weren't suggesting that but I was just saying. I'd much rather Axl were like that than what he is now. There's a happy medium, but I know what side I'd rather take. The fans like to hear how progress is going, follow the making of the album.

dPv

I know you weren't suggesting that but I was just saying. I'd much rather Axl were like that than what he is now. There's a happy medium, but I know what side I'd rather take. The fans like to hear how progress is going, follow the making of the album.

Well I would NOT wish Axl were like that. But I agree that there's a happy medium :)

"Just finished vocals on a new track, it's off-the-hook-pandemonium-CRAZY!! Like Robert Plant trying to eat Freddy Mercury in a dark black alley!! While Rob Halford is cheering them on! You guys are gonna LOVE IT TO DEATH!!! Oh! And check out the new car I just bought! Isn't it rad?"

:lol:

The real thing:

Going to pay my respects at Les Paul's funeral today. #fb

about 2 hours ago from TwitterBerry

Starting to put together another "Slash model" Les Paul later this month, this one is going to be trick, will follow with details soon. #fb

about 8 hours ago from TwitterBerry

From John Mayer's Twitta:

Sometimes I hear myself say something and I feel like a liar even though it's true. "Last night I jammed with ZZ Top and Slash."

about 16 hours ago from Twittelator

Finally met Slash. I had to keep reminding myself that I'm sort of cool too and that I shouldn't feel like a gnat. Worked half the time.

about 16 hours ago from Twittelator

Slash's

that was a gas last night, Billy was phenominal & John Mayer is a pretty bad ass player as well. #fb

about 23 hours ago from TwitterBerry

from Steve Vai's twitter:

Got a signed top hat from Slash for the auction. I've known him for many years and he was always considerate and generous. Thanks brutha.

5:31 PM Aug 22nd from web

Edited by jkdrummer